• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can You Name This QB?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played for two teams
Started 129 games.....62 wins...63 losses...4 ties.....Completed 50.1% of his passes.
173 TDs....220 INTs
....27,663 yards passing.....65.5 PASSER RATING
16 4th Quarter COMEBACKS ......and 16 Game Winning Drives

no... he wasn't a practice squad player

Those are some really ugly numbers though. I thought he played for 3 teams. Rams / 49ers. Maybe one of them cut him before the season.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played in an era when you could put a full hit on a QB, when you could drive him into the ground, when you could actually hold him until someone else came to hit him. When you could touch a receiver past 5 yards, you didn't have to be looking back at the ball, you could do everything short of tackle the receiver without getting PI(see Deion vs Irvin, NFC Championship game), when there was no defenseless receiver rule and the safety could knock out the receiver as the ball touched his hands.....I know you can't grasp it, but those men didn't play the same kinder, gentler game we have now. And if you ever watched Namath throw, you'd realize that in today's game, he'd have put up great numbers

That can't explain all of it. If a modern day QB guru (coach) saw a young namath, we he not have a field day and change half of what he does? How often did they train and practice back then ..I'm thing half as much?

And how much faster are defenses today? Lots of factors to consider. Which reminds me, why I'm I here? ..I should be solving Kryptos.

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By letter of the rule, correct no catch.
By letter of the rule, correct no catch.

I have to disagree, by the letter of the law it is up to the referee to determine if he made a football move. I will be the first to agree that I am biased when it comes to this play in particular so call me a homer if you want. IMO Dez clearly made a football move (maybe even two) and the ground knocked the ball loose. In a nutshell it is a terrible rule. I agree fans do get carried away and complain to much but this was a bad example of a clear cut call that we were complaining about.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Namath was more image than great. But he was a great QB in college, and very mobile.
But some say it was the era he played in.......that's lame......He played 65 through 77.....
Staubach played 69 through 79 ...basically same era....And Staubach numbers are light years better
114 games.......57% completion% .153 TDs 109 INTs.......85 wins 20 losses.....83.4 Passer Rating.

Namath in Super Bowl III completed just 7 passes in the second half.........Matt Snell should have been MVP