• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we please sign morales now

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not telling me smoaks roster spot is more important then a guy who can actually hit like morales

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not telling me smoaks roster spot is more important then a guy who can actually hit like morales
I think it's more dependent on weather or not Corey Hart can play RF for an extended length of time, not anything to do with Smoak. If Hart can play RF everyday (at least 5 times a week), that opens up the DH spot for Morales. If Hart can't, then he or Morrison will be doing a lot of the DHing.

That's the problem with getting guys coming off knee injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If signing or not signing Morales has to do with Smoak and/or Morrison, then there is another reason why Jack should go. Sign better talent and let the chips fall where they may. Hart should have nothing to do with Morales situation, but it would help the team if he could play RF.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If signing or not signing Morales has to do with Smoak and/or Morrison, then there is another reason why Jack should go. Sign better talent and let the chips fall where they may. Hart should have nothing to do with Morales situation, but it would help the team if he could play RF.

Totally agree, a pro hitter like kendrys can provide some steady protection to cano

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The market for Morales has dried up and it would appear the Mariners are his last remaining option. The Mariners need to sign him regardless of Hart's ability to play OF. He was the Mariners best hitter last year and is good for a .270-.280 BA 20 HRs and 80+ RBIs, something the Mariners gravely need.

The Mariners need Morales, regardless of Hart's health. Hell, Hart's injury concerns give the Mariners even more reason to sign Morales IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if he is willing to take a one year deal like Cruz that teams like Pitt and even Balt. would still be in on him so we will have competition no matter what. It is just time to belly up to the bar and pay your tab.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if he is willing to take a one year deal like Cruz that teams like Pitt and even Balt. would still be in on him so we will have competition no matter what. It is just time to belly up to the bar and pay your tab.

I'd honestly be happy with a 2 year deal. Morales is a good DH and getting him on a 2 year deal is a bargain.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do 2 or 3 at $10M per with no hesitation. He is a legit MLB hitter who hits in Safeco. I don't see why M's have even waited this long unless he is still asking for more than $10M per.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do 2 or 3 at $10M per with no hesitation. He is a legit MLB hitter who hits in Safeco. I don't see why M's have even waited this long unless he is still asking for more than $10M per.

Its hard to find players that can hit at the MLB level much less be able to hit in Safeco. 2 or 3 years around $10M is fine by me.

Don't get me wrong I would like to have Morales on the team I think he makes this team a lot better offensively. But I still have a problem with having essentially 4 1B/DH type guys. Yes, I know Hart and Morrison are going to play in the outfield but that doesn't mean I want them out there, it doesn't mean they belong out there and it doesn't mean they are true outfielders.

In my opinion the perfect mix for this Mariners team is Morales, and two of either Smoak or Hart or LoMo. Morales would be good for this team no question. I just have a difficult time seeing what Jack Z is trying to do this offseason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion the perfect mix for this Mariners team is Morales, and two of either Smoak or Hart or LoMo. Morales would be good for this team no question. I just have a difficult time seeing what Jack Z is trying to do this offseason.

I haven't figured him out in 5 years. He signs players at the easiest positions to fill in 1B and DH. Cano move can be seen as a super move, but what good is it to use all your dough on one guy and leave 3 positions left to bottom feeders? Then also leave your starting rotation to two studs, one with major injury history and is currently sidelined, and 3 question marks with two being rookies with one of the two having two bullpen sessions postponed with shoulder problems. But I am sure he has a plan because 3th time is a charm.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Smoak is at 1st and Hart in RF then given the choice between Morales and Lomo at DH I would absolutely rather have Morales. Regardless Im kinda figuring something would have happened by now if it were imminent.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see Hart at 1B, Morales at DH, and Smoak/Franklin/Ramirez traded for a proven RF. Who that would be I have no idea, but I would check in on Bautista. His value isn't what it once was, but I am not sure they would take those 3 for him. Just not sure what else they could get right not. Denorfia would be an option, but they said they didn't want to deal him and not sure where they could put Smoak and/or Franklin anyways. Maybe take a chance on a guy like Viciedo for White Sox.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see Hart at 1B, Morales at DH, and Smoak/Franklin/Ramirez traded for a proven RF.
:agree:

If Franklin isnt traded by opening day he should begin the year in Tacoma. If anything playing in Tacoma will improve his trade value going forward as oppose to sitting on the bench.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for signing morales and all you guys took everything I was going to say about it. If hart can play RF than signing morales would be an excellent move and I would give him a 10+ mill contract at 1 or 2 years. If we sign him and hart, cano, morales all hit well I think will make all the other hitters in the lineup better.

Now as for SP thats a whole nother mess

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for signing morales and all you guys took everything I was going to say about it. If hart can play RF than signing morales would be an excellent move and I would give him a 10+ mill contract at 1 or 2 years. If we sign him and hart, cano, morales all hit well I think will make all the other hitters in the lineup better.

Thumbs up simply because of the fucking hilarious AVI.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to sign him watch, and it's going to be cheap. If Hart can play RF I really like the combo of Cano/Morales/Hart as the heart of the order.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly! SP is a real concern for this team.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! SP is a real concern for this team.

King and Kuma are proven pitchers but other than that who do we have? Tai walker is a great prospect we but do we really want to put this guy out there all season and make him pitch 200 innings? The same goes for Paxton. going further in our rotation we have erasmo ramirez, brandon maurer, and scott baker we have no pitching prospect to look to bring up I think were going to be in huge trouble with the back end of our rotation