• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can We Just Fire Kiffin Now

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easiest thing to see that it is all about the coaching revolves around the fact that Lee was double teamed all night long and Nelson Agholor didn't catch one pass. Give me a fucking break.

Not sure what happened with Agholor!! Kessler did a decent job of at least trying to spread the ball around to different receivers to take some of the double coverage off of Lee!! Problem was that the play calling was too conservative and we never used Lee and Agholor's ability to stretch the field.

Apparently Kiffin is finally ready to just pick a guy and stick with him. Hopefully this means that he will also open up the playbook as well and maybe we can actually use Lee and Agholor to make some plays!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hire who? from within? I don't think its the play calling really.. I mean really usc got beat on a bubble screen for big yards leading to game winning field goal for WSU. I thought the balls are often late and behind receivers...if anything its the result of not deciding on a qb sooner. WSU and USC were in essence running the same type of plays...there execution was just better. usc would often get a loss or maybe 2 yard gain. wsu was the opposite more often than not 7 yards or a first down..they had room to run catch in stride all that....usc seemed like receivers had to come back for the ball adjust on inaccurate balls etc and resulted in defense having time to get there and make plays...

its like the sun bowl all over again..when barkley went down the offense went with it. not sure what there is to do but they need to get the qb chemistry with receivers as soon as possible or its going to be long year

I would approach Chris Pedersen at Boise State. He knows how to get top performances from his players.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? Very misinformed post!! The job was turned down by both Mike Riley and Steve Sarkisian before Kiffin was hired!! This was prior to the sanctions being announced, but everyone knowing they were coming!!

You can't simply discount the effect of the sanctions by saying "USC has a lot of talent", it's not as simple as that!!

USC has 67 scholarship players. Everyone else on our schedule has 85!! Take 18 scholarship players off of any team and see what you have!! For this to work/have worked USC had to be basically injury free (haven't been) and couldn't "miss" on any recruits!!

A few years back, 'Bama had lighter sanctions than USC has and had a couple of losing seasons and even lost to an FCS team. USC has yet to have a losing season!!

If you think it's as easy as simply firing Kiffin and hiring someone else, then do like Regent says and name the coach who will come in and take over knowing that he's going to be coaching with "one hand tied behind his back" for 2 more years!!

If I'm an elite coach, I'm sitting back, waiting for the sanctions to be over and if Kiffin gets fired, then I might look at being the coach there!!

Seriously? If Kiffin hasn't proved to you that he is an idiot then I don't know what else I can say to convince you. I would get rid of him and just promote an assistant as interim coach. You've got 2 years to find somebody for real.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Marquis Lee ... "Stop trying so hard".

Sorrry guys ... I couldnt resist that one. Man oh man you have one helluva pretend coach. Good luck with this loser. I just saw this on ESPN and I had to inform yall ... I feel sorry yall ... I really do.

:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would approach Chris Pedersen at Boise State. He knows how to get top performances from his players.

Ken Norton Jr or Mike Singletary... I know they are both in the NFL right now but Norton has ties... This team needs some heart and attitude... Let Lane go now and start talking to those guys... That will bring some respectability back... There are Washington and ND fans in here talking shit... Sad sad day...:kiffin:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Norton Jr or Mike Singletary... I know they are both in the NFL right now but Norton has ties... This team needs some heart and attitude... Let Lane go now and start talking to those guys... That will bring some respectability back... There are Washington and ND fans in here talking shit... Sad sad day...:kiffin:

I think ND fan is in here because he got dumped by his imaginary girlfriend!!:lol:

upyourwazzu420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO COUGS.... NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA ( Most annoying USC Song Ever) Its the fans fault for leaving early.. what kind of fans leave a 7-7 game with 10 mins left in the 4th...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO COUGS.... NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA ( Most annoying USC Song Ever) Its the fans fault for leaving early.. what kind of fans leave a 7-7 game with 10 mins left in the 4th...

Fans that are used better football than that. Maybe for "cougs" fans that was a good showing ( you're offense couldnt do squat either).

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my first post on the SC board couldn't be a better reason than to criticize that douchebag Kiffin. Never got how or why Al Davis hired him, then on to the Vols, I knew how that would turn out, imagine my disgust when he got hired at SC, reeked of desperation, I guess he is just holding the spot until the program gets out from under the sanctions.

Arrogant, unqualified, and an example of what is wrong with America.