• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we end the Dak Wentz debate now?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're keeping score at home:

Dak had a better rookie season, Wentz is having a better season currently.

Determination: Too early to tell who will be better long term.

LOL @ these Philly homers.

That's pretty accurate, and we ain't all homers.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On whether Wentz is having a special year or not, well, he has 25 TDs and 5 INTs, best in football.

He is third all time behind only Marino and Warner for TDs this many games into a career.

So, not shabby. Yes, the line is blocking well and the four-headed RB monster is eating. But Wentz has been pretty good. Last night's poor first half against Dallas was probably his low point all season.

Other than that he has been pretty darn good and the numbers back it up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On whether Wentz is having a special year or not, well, he has 25 TDs and 5 INTs, best in football.

He is third all time behind only Marino and Warner for TDs this many games into a career.

So, not shabby. Yes, the line is blocking well and the four-headed RB monster is eating. But Wentz has been pretty good. Last night's poor first half against Dallas was probably his low point all season.

Other than that he has been pretty darn good and the numbers back it up.
I agree Wentz is having a great year. Dont think to many dispute this. think the issue was PE1 saying he carries the team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like Dak he not as good of an athlete as Wentz. DAK obviously did not look that good and threw 2 terrible picks. The funny thing is I think Dak was expecting a flag or free play on the pick he threw into the endzone. On that play a defender grabbed his face mask. Dak should have known better after last week when the falcons grabbed his face mask on two sacks and got away with it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wentz is having a great year. Dont think to many dispute this. think the issue was PE1 saying he carries the team.

He's the leader of the team and leads the NFL in many catagories. The DLine is fantastic but rhe D isn't that amazing statistically. Many players playing well but this team is 9-1 because of Wentz. He's the leader. He's an MVP candidate and has carried this team this season even though he didn't last night.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz: Rating 87.5; TD-Int: 41-19; Comp % 61.5; YPG 239; YPA 6.72; Total TDs 43
Prescott: Rating 98.7; TD-Int: 39-11; Comp % 65.7; YPG 223; YPA 7.45; Total TDs 50

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the point of starting this thread. After last night, no one was thinking "Dak is better than Wentz." Then, you start this thread and it's an invitation for people to try to compare the two. There doesn't need to be a comparison. The Eagles have Wentz. The Cowboys have Dak. What does it matter if some random person on the Internet thinks one is better than the other?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the leader of the team and leads the NFL in many catagories. The DLine is fantastic but rhe D isn't that amazing statistically. Many players playing well but this team is 9-1 because of Wentz. He's the leader. He's an MVP candidate and has carried this team this season even though he didn't last night.
Exhibit A

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the point of starting this thread. After last night, no one was thinking "Dak is better than Wentz." Then, you start this thread and it's an invitation for people to try to compare the two. There doesn't need to be a comparison. The Eagles have Wentz. The Cowboys have Dak. What does it matter if some random person on the Internet thinks one is better than the other?

Well with that logic every post and thread is pointless.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz: Rating 87.5; TD-Int: 41-19; Comp % 61.5; YPG 239; YPA 6.72; Total TDs 43
Prescott: Rating 98.7; TD-Int: 39-11; Comp % 65.7; YPG 223; YPA 7.45; Total TDs 50

So you're trying to say Dak is as good as Wentz?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with that logic every post and thread is pointless.

Sure, but this topic has been unnecessarily revived. If the debate is over, then let it be over. Why seek confirmation from people who, for whatever reason, would prefer Dak over Wentz? Those people don't know what they're talking about.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're trying to say Dak is as good as Wentz?
Since they have been in the league, yes. Both were poor last night though.
His stats are actually a lot better than Wentz's so far, but I'm not really a "stat guy" and don't like to use that as an argument. I was just surprised when I pulled up the stats how much better Dak's still were. Of course with as well as the Eagles OL is playing this year I'm surprised I've yet to read Eagles fans stating he is only playing this good because of his OL. Funny how that works I guess:noidea:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they have been in the league, yes. Both were poor last night though.
His stats are actually a lot better than Wentz's so far, but I'm not really a "stat guy" and don't like to use that as an argument. I was just surprised when I pulled up the stats how much better Dak's still were. Of course with as well as the Eagles OL is playing this year I'm surprised I've yet to read Eagles fans stating he is only playing this good because of his OL. Funny how that works I guess:noidea:

Wentz was quiet for a little more then a quarter but he was far from poor. Look at those TD throws. They were fantastic and so was he the 2nd half. Wentz played a heck of a lot better behind a poor line last year then Dak has for the 2 games without T Smith. Maybe that's too short of a time frame but 6 turn overs and no TDs.
And how come you can't send a PM back.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is a better "play maker" than Dak imo ... that's what makes him better "up till this point". Dak's pretty damn good as well, but he needs to show that he can get the job done when the conditions around him are not ideal like they were for him year one. Those who don't watch the Eagles on an every week basis may not realize how often Wentz makes something out of nothing ... Dak is great at taking what is there and making good decisions (last night excluded) and will have a good long career because of it, but we have to wait and see on being able to improvise when ideal conditions aren't there. At this point in his career Jason Peters may not be at Tyron Smith's level ... but Peters is still a very good LT and a huge loss, yet Wentz hasn't missed a beat because he has a great feel for escaping that blind side pressure. Wentz also lost Darren Sproles who was still (at an advanced foozball age) one of the best receiving options out of the backfield, so Wentz adjusted to finding his TE more.

Bottom line ... both Philly and Dallas fans should be thanking their lucky stars that they have their QB situation figured out for the next 8 or so years. I agree that we need to wait out the Wentz/Dak argument for a couple more years to see what happens ... sit back and enjoy the ride.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a Corvette for $50,000 Wentz is a Maseratti that costs $200,000

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's o-line is the key factor to Wentz looking good this season. OP is a homer moron.

Yeah Im a homer. Dak has been better this year. Sorry for being so blind.