• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we end the Dak Wentz debate now?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much they weigh competition as the season winds down

I think the Pats have 4 games against the Bills and Fins left

Eagles play some NFL teams the rest of the way

But statistically, not that close right now
Eagles have two tough games left, @seattle and @Rams. Pats have 1.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Because this isn't a 2017 debate. Just like last year wasn't a 2016 debate. Wake me up around 2020. We might have a more conclusive answer by then.

This.

Wentz could always morph into that other Ginger QB....Andy Dalton. He looked good his first few seasons but not so much now.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Philly had more rushing yards than passing.

Wentz went 1-11 at one point in the first half. He just did turn it over. Thanks in part to dropped passes by Dbacks.

He did not look like much tonight. Other than a second year QB against a team in shambles with loony toon owner.

Wentz was pretty good last night. He was not great but was definitely good. The beating last night was a testament of how much of a better team the Eagles are than the Cowboys. The Eagles are also without their All-Pro LT and their MLB (Jordan Hicks) who IMO is just as good as Sean Lee if not better.

With that said......Wentz started 5-5 and then Doug Pederson started to shit the bed. He stopped doing what worked and tried to force a game plan the Cowboys were expecting. During that 1-11 period he had some drops as well as some poor throws and on top of that no one was open. The Cowboys game planned to take Ertz out of the game. If you look closely the Cowboys were sitting on a lot of the plays as if they expected them.

As poorly as some of you may think he played in the 1st half he was brilliant in the 2nd half going 7-9 with two touchdown passes and on top of that he was also great on the two point coversions pretty much converting all of them. The Ertz fumble was not on him. If you want to throw out the 14 for 27 stat that is fine but if you are going to say he played bad then you did not watch the game and doing nothing but making a box score analysis.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles had 215 yards on 33 carries.....that is what won the game last night.

Wentz completed 14 of 27 passes (51.8%) for 168 yards, with 2 TD's and no INT's.

Dak completed 18 of 31 for 145 yards, no TD's and 3 INT's.

Clearly, Wentz had the better game but 52% isn't very good. And Dak does a lot better than that when he has his running game at 100% with Zeke.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles had 215 yards on 33 carries.....that is what won the game last night.

Wentz completed 14 of 27 passes (51.8%) for 168 yards, with 2 TD's and no INT's.

Clearly, Wentz had the better game but 52% isn't very good. And Dak does a lot better than that when he has his running game at 100% with Zeke.

Jay Ajayi just got in the building, lets not pretend that Wentz has leaned on some sensational running game all season

Eagles are trying to win games, they traded for Ajayi so they could ask less of Wentz, they arent trying to win MVP's

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Ajayi just got in the building, lets not pretend that Wentz has leaned on some sensational running game all season

Eagles are trying to win games, they traded for Ajayi so they could ask less of Wentz, they arent trying to win MVP's
Eagles led the league in rushing attempts from Week 1-8 before Ajayi got there too.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unusual for an 9-1 team, you usually are playing from ahead quite often
Logically, yes. But Philly has scored more in the 2nd half than the first half this year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you watch the game? I am not saying Wentz did not have subpar first half because he did. What he did do was show that he was a top QB by coming out and playing a great 2nd half.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you haven't watched the Eagles the last two years

Last year he looked good at times but people complained he didn't have enough weapons.....they went out and got Jeffery, Blount, and Ajaji this season....let's not act like he had a perfect rookie season. He started out hit, cooled off, and then hit the rookie wall towards the end of the season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year he looked good at times but people complained he didn't have enough weapons.....they went out and got Jeffery, Blount, and Ajaji this season....let's not act like he had a perfect rookie season. He started out hit, cooled off, and then hit the rookie wall towards the end of the season.

Wentz had an up and down rookie season. His entire supporting cast is completely different and it shows with his play. I have always maintained that if Wentz had Dak's situation he would have put up better numbers than Dak that. With that said a QB needs weapons. Not everyone will be or even aspire to be Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. Those are one in a million QB's

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're keeping score at home:

Dak had a better rookie season, Wentz is having a better season currently.

Determination: Too early to tell who will be better long term.

LOL @ these Philly homers.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wentz was amazing last night, but the receivers did him no favors with the drops (I think there were at least 4 just in the first half).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're keeping score at home:

Dak had a better rookie season, Wentz is having a better season currently.

Determination: Too early to tell who will be better long term.

LOL @ these Philly homers.

I have always maintained that Wentz was the better QB so for me there is not even a debate. Some keep it going and that is fine. I think Dak is going to be stud too. To be honest the debate probably is stupid. Like saying who is better Brady or Rodgers.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally try to not get caught up in the Wentz/Dak debate. It's cool and all, but I'm much more focused on an Eagles/Cowboys debate (well, maybe I was- now it's more so an Eagles/NFL debate).

Here's my take though. Prescott was a better QB in 2016. Yes, the Cowboys were far better, but I am talking about Prescott's actual production. Prescott had a significantly better Cmp%, TD% (where Wentz was last in football), Int%, and ANY/A (where Prescott was 3rd in football and Wentz was 27/31).

Did it help that Prescott was throwing to Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley, instead of Dorial Green-Beckham and Jordan Matthews (quite possibly the most average/mediocre "#1 threat" in football)? Of course. Did it help that Ezekiel Elliott was the leading rusher in football, while Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles, and Wendell Smallwood were hurt, old, and/or rookies? Yes.

But Prescott was better in 2016. The question of who was better, regardless of the team around them, is tough to answer. Considering I only watched Prescott for 1.5 games, I can't really judge him. But Carson Wentz did definitely struggle at times last year, no doubt. I'd be inclined to think Prescott, but I'm not qualified to answer.

But this year, it is pretty clear that Carson Wentz has been the better QB than Prescott, and he's probably in the top 3 quarterbacks in the NFL. I think most would agree that Wentz, regardless of the team around him, has been better this year than Prescott, regardless of the team around him.

Prescott was horrible last night. Carson Wentz was, in my opinion, good. You could also say "good enough," but I went with "good," because I think he was. IIRC, I saw him make 2 mistakes yesterday- he badly under threw Agholor on a potential TD, and at the end of the 2nd quarter, he was very lucky to not be picked off. I don't think the Cowboys' player would have returned it like some say, but it would have been possible, and at worst they would have had good field position with some time left in the half.

But he also made some very good plays. His scramble on 3rd down, and TD pass to Torrey Smith was excellent. He scrambled on another play and completed a floater to Celek, throwing against his body. His TD pass to Jeffery was perfectly thrown (and caught). And even during his 1/11 stretch, or whatever it was, he had a ball to Smith that was perfectly thrown for a nice gain and first down, which Smith horrendously dropped.

The important thing here is that this game, in my opinion, was by and far his worst game this year. When your worst game involves throwing 2 TD's, not turning the ball over, and having your team win by 28 on the road against a division team; you've got a good QB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles led the league in rushing attempts from Week 1-8 before Ajayi got there too.

Not unusual for an 9-1 team, you usually are playing from ahead quite often
I dont think anyone is saying Wentz is playing well (this season)
the problem was an eagles fan claiming Wentz carries the eagles team on his back.
Dont think that is a valid claim for a team that leads the league in rushing attempt. (Rushing is a QBs best friend)
Also dont think you can claim the QB carried the team, when your Defense is simply bad ass.
Funny how some eagle fans, not to mention no names *Stares directly at Phoenix Eagle* cant be happy that their team is like a total package. Good running, Passing, Defense, coaching, dont know much on the Special teams. But instead wants to give all the credit to one guy. (you know that one guy that carries the team)

Wentz is having a good year. He outplayed Dak last night, but he wasnt special last night. Even if you wanted to exclude the running for over 200 yards. The Defense didnt give up a single Touchdown. But hey it wasnt like the team killed the Cowboys at every facet of the game. it was simply because Wentz was the QB.

I have to agree with Rocko. Wentz doesnt carry this team. He is just a very good piece of the puzzle.
No one is saying he sucks. Its a well balanced team. if Wentz (or any QB for that matter) had to carry the team. The team wouldnt be as good as they are.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a good QB but he cant put a team on his back like Wentz. I keep thinking about those two easy dropped INTs last week vs. Atlanta. That would give Dak 7 turnovers in two games without Zeke.
Zeke is a very VERY special RB but Dak is only good without him and no where near Wentz's ability.
So why did Wentz not put the Eagles on his back last season? If he is so great. And let's face it Peters is no tyron smith. Why did wentz throw for fewer than 200 yards last night if he is so great?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo in his career

9 games of losses of 20 points or more

Dak has 3 this season