• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can tOSU win the AP title

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think it's possible. The other top teams have 2-3 winns to add to their records. Bucks can only get one more. I don't really care anyway. I'm looking forward to whooping scUM's ass next week and then 2013. The team will have some good experience under their belts for next year.

Now you Huskers need to get to Indy and whip some Badger ass.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit. AP title means jack shit in the bcs era

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit. AP title means jack shit in the bcs era

No it means the National Championship. A distinct possibility that we could have a split nc this year. Ohio State will be number 2 this week. A win against Michigan would assure an undefeated season. Georgia beating Alabama would be the key to OSU winning the AP title. Probably would need ND to lose at USC. Then things get very interesting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it means the National Championship. A distinct possibility that we could have a split nc this year. Ohio State will be number 2 this week. A win against Michigan would assure an undefeated season. Georgia beating Alabama would be the key to OSU winning the AP title. Probably would need ND to lose at USC. Then things get very interesting.

No it doesn't. That's why the bcs system was created. Sorry old timer, but if you don't win the bcs title game you're not the national champion.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a flag in the gym and possibly a trophy, what other benefits would Ohio State get for winning it? BCS Championship teams get tons of money just being in the game.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a flag in the gym and possibly a trophy, what other benefits would Ohio State get for winning it? BCS Championship teams get tons of money just being in the game.

Would you rather have the flag and a trophy or lose in the BCS Championship?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Ohio State's situation, depends on how they lost the BCS Championship. If it was a blowout, the flag and trophy. If it was an exciting game that came down to the very last play or whatever, I would probably rather play and lose than just be rewarded the trophy.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ohio State's situation, depends on how they lost the BCS Championship. If it was a blowout, the flag and trophy. If it was an exciting game that came down to the very last play or whatever, I would probably rather play and lose than just be rewarded the trophy.

Ohio State can't lose the BCS this year. I think those players want nothing more than a flag and a trophy and the recognition of being split National Champs. I can't imagine why any of them would turn the recognition from the AP poll as being "National Champions".

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The flag and trophy is just a participation trophy. The only nc winner is the one who gets the crystal ball. I'd put the losing team in the bcs game above the team who didn't even get there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State can't lose the BCS this year. I think those players want nothing more than a flag and a trophy and the recognition of being split National Champs. I can't imagine why any of them would turn the recognition from the AP poll as being "National Champions".

No such thing as "split national champs" in the bcs era. USC ought to have to take theirs down. It's just whiny bullshit.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they beat Oregon next week I doubt they'll be voted champion with 2 losses already.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flag and trophy is just a participation trophy. The only nc winner is the one who gets the crystal ball. I'd put the losing team in the bcs game above the team who didn't even get there.

Its not a participation trophy. Obviously it doesn't mean anything to the rest of the football world, but if you are a player on that team it symbolizes your hard work, your teams ability, and your teams accomplishments. Its not a flag and banner handed out to everyone. Ohio State still has a chance to say they couldve gotten there. They still have a chance to say they "couldve" won that game, or they couldve lost.

How is losing the national championship, because Ohio State, was ineligible more of an accomplish than being Ohio State? We don't know if they wouldve gotten there, but they have had a good season so far.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a participation trophy. Obviously it doesn't mean anything to the rest of the football world, but if you are a player on that team it symbolizes your hard work, your teams ability, and your teams accomplishments. Its not a flag and banner handed out to everyone. Ohio State still has a chance to say they couldve gotten there. They still have a chance to say they "couldve" won that game, or they couldve lost.

How is losing the national championship, because Ohio State, was ineligible more of an accomplish than being Ohio State? We don't know if they wouldve gotten there, but they have had a good season so far.

Nobody is denying the accomplishment if they were to go undefeated. But they deserve absolutely no part of the national title. Plain and simple.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe me, I wish Ohio State wasn't suspended right now. I would much rather have Ohio State in the NCG than any SEC team or Notre Dame, or would love to see them kick the crap out of ND.

If they are the only team undefeated and the AP gives them the #1 rank in the last poll, why not give Ohio State the AP National Championship? Take it for what it is worth. It would be like the Heisman and the Maxwell awards. They are pretty much the same thing, 1 is just more prestigious than the other.

So, if Ohio State does win it, I don't think it would be "shared" or "co-" anything. I just think they won a different NC that is not as prestigious as the Crystal Ball.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I wish Ohio State wasn't suspended right now. I would much rather have Ohio State in the NCG than any SEC team or Notre Dame, or would love to see them kick the crap out of ND.

If they are the only team undefeated and the AP gives them the #1 rank in the last poll, why not give Ohio State the AP National Championship? Take it for what it is worth. It would be like the Heisman and the Maxwell awards. They are pretty much the same thing, 1 is just more prestigious than the other.

So, if Ohio State does win it, I don't think it would be "shared" or "co-" anything. I just think they won a different NC that is not as prestigious as the Crystal Ball.

Its definitely not as prestigious, but the players are going to want to be recognized for their accomplishments. I can't imagine a player just not accepting the Maxwell trophy because he was ineligible for the Heisman.

HowboutthemDAWGS

Biggest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if OSU wins the AP title? That's about as valid as Sportshoopla naming a National Champ.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. That's why the bcs system was created. Sorry old timer, but if you don't win the bcs title game you're not the national champion.

You forget the AP was part of the original BCS. The AP National Championship is the most respected title in college football. Been in existence since 1936. It's ranking are reported in every major newspaper and every Internet sports site. If you win the AP title you win 1/2 of the nc. That is the reason why USC and LSU split the title in 2003.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The trophy is quite prestigious. It says NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.