• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can T-man fix Jay?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent article by Moon Mulin , got me thinking.
Cutler one area of Bears offense showing little progress | CSN Chicago

I still am 1 of Jay's biggest supporters.
But his bonehead play(s) vs SD , put some doubt in my mind.
The 2nd sack of the 1rst series was all on him ( though Jim Miller says they both were. I find it hard to see someone coming from your blind side ( the first 1) ), he had plenty of time to get rid of the ball, but like Moon said, he decided to run around like a chicken w/out a head, and took a sack.

The pick he threw , should never have happened. I know BM is his security blanket. But eventually you have to grow up , and get rid of the blanket. That ball should never have been thrown.

Like Moon's article states, T-man has been using , repetition over & over ( even in slow motion) to correct all the QBs . Evidently it hasn't sunk in yet.

I know it's still very early in the new system. But to me I don't see Jay progressing ( at least to what I expected to see). The system calls for you to get rid of the ball quickly. That 2nd sack he could have thrown the ball out of bounds w/ no questions asked. But reverted to old Jay , who wants to make a play. On the INT. he probably had an open check down.
I know I'm basing this off 2 plays. But it seems like a recurring problem w/ Jay.
I love every thing Jay brings to the table physically. Just don't know where his mind is at.
Is Jay fixable? And can T-man do it ?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for the best. But if Jay is set in his ways. I fear the worst.
The Only QB I'd like to see direct this team ( other than Jay ) , who will be eligible for the draft, would be Bridgewater. But I doubt we earn the 1 or 2 pick in the draft.
What do we do if Jay isn't the guy?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay's our only choice...

Even in a disappointing season, we won't lose enough games to earn a top 10 pick, and I really don't see too many QB's coming out that I'd be too interested in.

Jay's not a "great" QB, but you can win a championship with him if you build around him. I think we're riding Jay until he burns out. Although, Emery has shown his desire to build his own team. So, who knows?

I just think it would be unfair not to give Jay a second year in Trestman's system. The guy has had five systems in six years, and has seen a rotating door of poor offensive linemen and WR's (Excluding Marshall coming in last season).

If Jay doesn't show improvement this season, I could see us signing him to a short deal and drafting a rookie to be groomed under him. Using Jay as a stop gap guy, while putting a little more pressure on him. I really would hate to see us simply let him go.

I just hope he stays healthy and gives himself a fair shot. I would be devastated to see him go down with a big injury.

Jay's my guy... regardless of what uniform he wears, I'll always root for him. If he leaves the Bears, I hope he goes to the AFC, so there's no cheering conflict. Obviously, I'll always be a Bears fan first.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay's our only choice...

Even in a disappointing season, we won't lose enough games to earn a top 10 pick, and I really don't see too many QB's coming out that I'd be too interested in.

Jay's not a "great" QB, but you can win a championship with him if you build around him. I think we're riding Jay until he burns out. Although, Emery has shown his desire to build his own team. So, who knows?

I just think it would be unfair not to give Jay a second year in Trestman's system. The guy has had five systems in six years, and has seen a rotating door of poor offensive linemen and WR's (Excluding Marshall coming in last season).

If Jay doesn't show improvement this season, I could see us signing him to a short deal and drafting a rookie to be groomed under him. Using Jay as a stop gap guy, while putting a little more pressure on him. I really would hate to see us simply let him go.

I just hope he stays healthy and gives himself a fair shot. I would be devastated to see him go down with a big injury.

Jay's my guy... regardless of what uniform he wears, I'll always root for him. If he leaves the Bears, I hope he goes to the AFC, so there's no cheering conflict. Obviously, I'll always be a Bears fan first.

Very true rich,but this why I`m a big fan of signing free agents. atleast you know what your are gettiung into.
Or possibly by trading up.I`d love to have a Cam newton on my team.:nod:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay was my 2nd biggest concern after the o-line.

i have not seen the real Jay but only maybe once or twice since we got him,that we all have been waiting to see.
There has been excuse of his line,wrs and too many systems he has had to learn.

enough excuses already......Time to put up or shut up.

No more drama from him!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Jay some time, it's yet another new system to learn. Jays best season came the one time he was in the same system 2 years strait. This offense is the best Bear offense in Bear history, but it will still take time to gell. The next 5 years will blow us all away.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow noon that sounded like a cubs fan talking about the cubs wait five years from now.
football is what have you done for me lately you can build or ruin a franchise within minutes days hours month 1 year 1 draft can make or break a franchise lets just hope we win this year championships or disappointment i have high standards but it is what it is.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Jay some time, it's yet another new system to learn. Jays best season came the one time he was in the same system 2 years strait. This offense is the best Bear offense in Bear history, but it will still take time to gell. The next 5 years will blow us all away.

I gotta disagree.........No way!

Give me McMahon,Payton,Gault,McKinnon,Suhey with that o-line anyday over what we have now...........

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow noon that sounded like a cubs fan talking about the cubs wait five years from now.
football is what have you done for me lately you can build or ruin a franchise within minutes days hours month 1 year 1 draft can make or break a franchise lets just hope we win this year championships or disappointment i have high standards but it is what it is.

I'm not saying wait 5 years until were good, well be good by game 10 this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree.........No way!

Give me McMahon,Payton,Gault,McKinnon,Suhey with that o-line anyday over what we have now...........
This offense is going to be much much better. Payton and that Oline was great. But this O has much much more firepower.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay's our only choice...

:agree:W/ pretty much everything said. Just wondering if Bear fans feel T-man can fix Jay, & if Jay is fixable. Probably worded the the thread wrong. Throwing in the what if factor.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of the ball quickly, is not just the QB's responsibilities...receivers gotta get off the jam.

One of the sacks was purely a coverage sack. At best, he shoulda chucked it in the stands, but sometimes the pocket dictates the throws, aka, not being able to step into it, etc.

On the pick, it's on him, but it did look like he had to adjust last second for a throwing lane, and maybe that took something off of it, but I agree completely with the sentiment that he needs to spread it around....like for example, maybe...I dunno, Michael Bennett!?

It is preseason, and I am sure they don't wanna show their full hand yet.

I am optimistic.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of the ball quickly, is not just the QB's responsibilities...receivers gotta get off the jam.

One of the sacks was purely a coverage sack. At best, he shoulda chucked it in the stands, but sometimes the pocket dictates the throws, aka, not being able to step into it, etc.

On the pick, it's on him, but it did look like he had to adjust last second for a throwing lane, and maybe that took something off of it, but I agree completely with the sentiment that he needs to spread it around....like for example, maybe...I dunno, Michael Bennett!?

It is preseason, and I am sure they don't wanna show their full hand yet.

I am optimistic.
I understand that. But the 2 plays I referred to both had to do w/ Jays old tendencies. The sack he took could have been averted by throwing the ball away. He had plenty of time to do it. But instead looked to make a better play. That didn't happen. He took the sack. Which hurt his team.
The INT. he threw was probably 1 of the worst decisions he has made as a Bear ( but that can be heavily disputed ).
Just wondering if Bear fans think he could be fixed of his past mistakes. Or is he just set in his ways?