• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Russell Wilson handle the pressure this weekend?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be his first Championship Game. Kaepernick has already been there and won. Wilson's team is also the favorite so expectations will be a little higher. Plus the city is more hungry for a rare trip to the Superbowl than SF.

I think this is something to keep in mind.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so. I've never seen the guy choke under pressure and he probably won't be expected to carry the team. I'd expect his norm of extremely efficient with relatively underwhelming quantity stats.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game's on his shoulders the Seahawks are playing bad football.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be his first Championship Game. Kaepernick has already been there and won. Wilson's team is also the favorite so expectations will be a little higher. Plus the city is more hungry for a rare trip to the Superbowl than SF.

I think this is something to keep in mind.

Almost no one hawks has been in a championship game where as almost everyone on the Niners has. Does that matter? Well I think being at home maybe counters the experience edge SF may have.

As far as being the favorites. In Vegas yes, but I think that depends on where you watch and who you ask. From what I have seen picks have been pretty split on this game. I think a lot of people are favoring the Niners because they are playing better and I cant blame them.

I cant say Seattle is more hungry then SF but the town is buzzing. Signs and banners every where, people dressed in blue. Go to the Super market, the bank or grab a cup of coffee and everyone is wearing Seahawks Gear and Jerseys.

I think Russell can handle the pressure but that may not necessarily matter if guys like Smith and Brooks are in his face all game. I think he's capable but you never know until you see it happen I guess.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn is going to have a tough go against the 9ers front 7. I personally think the game will be put on Russell's shoulders, he is going to have to make big plays. Will he prevail? Not sure. But, he has given me no reason to believe he won't shine on the biggest game of this young career.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson is as mentally tough as they get. He may have problems in this game, but i don't think it will be because he is folding under the pressure of a big game. Any problems will come directly from the 49er's defense

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the moment will be too big for Wilson, but like others have said I think the 49ers defense can pressure him into making mistakes.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say yes, but we will find out on Sunday. Something about the kid tells me he is cool and calm no matter what. It helps having that def out there, that can turn a game all on their own. I know I would be calm if I had that defense, and shit, Wilson is a damn good QB himself. Good luck!!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson doesn't flinch. Even when he hasn't lit up all day, he makes plays when he needs to.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the moment will get to Wilson. I think playing at home and playing against such an intense rival helps the Seahawks stay focused on football, rather than the scope of the game.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The IT factor.

RW has IT, problem is our offense has been too conservative for RW to shine.
I hope he gets the chance this Sunday.

Bring IT Russell.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle wins it will because Seattle's defense is better and Kap likes to throw picks

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can understand the question. Wilson has yet to win a home playoff game yet..... oh wait, nevermind.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is Wilson has been very average as of late. I think teams have figured out that keeping him in the pocket is the key. He needs to be out in space in order to be effective. Keep him in the pocket and he is very pedestrian.

Being able to do that is a different story. I think he is mentally strong enough and won't succumb to the pressure but I'm not so sure he's good enough to win this game on his own. I think Lynch needs to have a good game and keep the pressure off of Wilson.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The IT factor.

RW has IT, problem is our offense has been too conservative for RW to shine.
I hope he gets the chance this Sunday.

Bring IT Russell.

He does have the IT factor. He has a following anywhere he has ever played, and I'm included in the cult of Russell. The guy is a natural leader and he will not choke under pressure. I'm not sure he's ready to carry a team on his back in the NFC Championship in only his second year, but I'd bet on him way before I'd bet on Kaep.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the op said, there is more pressure on Wilson in this one. However, he generally seems like a calm guy so I'm not sure it will matter. But it is something to keep an eye on.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say there is more pressure on Wilson. Because if you think about it Kaepernick has more to prove playing in Seattle.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end we have to wait to find out.

Some QB's look great but when you put this kind of pressure on them they fold like a card table. Is Wilson one of those? I have no idea. The two toughest games of the year are coming up.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell can handle the pressure but that may not necessarily matter if guys like Smith and Brooks are in his face all game. I think he's capable but you never know until you see it happen I guess.

This is what I thought this thread was going to be about. Wilson will be under pressure from the 49ers pass rush and is going to have to extend plays and drives himself. It's something he hasn't been as good at the last month or so and the Seahawks will need him to be able to do it to win. I don't think the "pressure" of this game being the NFC championship will have any effect on Wilson whatsoever.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Wilson was outstanding in the 2nd half of the divisional game against Atlanta last year and that was on the road. Wilson threw the ball incredibly well under enormous pressure to make a comeback. Wilson accomplished the comeback and took the lead. Oddly it was the Seattle defense that lost us that game in the end. Wilson did great under pressure so I'm sure he'll use that experience to help in this pressure game. At least he'll have the 12th man behind him this time. That can't hurt.