• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Cutler make the Pro Bowl 2013-2014

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i personally think he can if jeffrys is what we think he is. injurys really messed up his rookie season.
now i think cutler will get voted in the pro bowl but my guess is he will be getting ready for a super bowl.
go bears:agree:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the optimism. But lets see what the O looks like in preseason atleast. before making predictions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probowl will be hard, One spot is going to AR. Cutler can play great and not get to the probowl. But I'll be fine with that.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cutler has a pro bowl type season, I don't see the Bears anything less than a 1 or 2 seed.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutle has done more with less, than any qb we have ever had in my memory. If they can keep him on his damn feet the dude has been proven to throw for over 3500 yds a season multiple times. When he was with denver he had to outscore every opponent.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think cutler is that good of a quarterback. He hasn't had great weapons, but what he has had has fit into his skill set. He has power and can put the ball deep, but his accuracy is mediocre at best. Burners make the most of a limited skill set, and I'm not sure even a great receiving corps allows him to have a pro bowl caliber season.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i personally think he can if jeffrys is what we think he is. injurys really messed up his rookie season.
now i think cutler will get voted in the pro bowl but my guess is he will be getting ready for a super bowl.
go bears:agree:

Depending if the OL repairs are real.

Won't be Cutler's 1st Pro Bowl as he went once with the Broncos.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think cutler is that good of a quarterback. He hasn't had great weapons, but what he has had has fit into his skill set. He has power and can put the ball deep, but his accuracy is mediocre at best. Burners make the most of a limited skill set, and I'm not sure even a great receiving corps allows him to have a pro bowl caliber season.
Think about it. Brady's career if he played here ( in Chicago ) would have probably ended 2 seasons ago. Playing behind that O-line, w/ WRs & TEs & the OCs he's had to work with. Doubt Many QBs would have faired better. Not Sayin Jay's the best . Just sayin he's got 2 strong legs.
We'll see what he can do w/ better options at all the previously mentioned positions.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on Brady playing there. He would have been a perennial pro bowler all the same. Matt forte is a hell of a weapon and while the line isn't amazing, forte plus some burners is not bad to take advantage of Cutler's skill set. If cutler had small, quick guys who only run short routes he would have been near the bottom of the NFL stats wise nearly every year. Again, I'm not pretending he had all stars. But forte alone is better than a lot of QBs have to work with.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on Brady playing there. He would have been a perennial pro bowler all the same. Matt forte is a hell of a weapon and while the line isn't amazing, forte plus some burners is not bad to take advantage of Cutler's skill set. If cutler had small, quick guys who only run short routes he would have been near the bottom of the NFL stats wise nearly every year. Again, I'm not pretending he had all stars. But forte alone is better than a lot of QBs have to work with.
I agree Matt is great option. But totally disagree w/ just about everything else.
Brady for 1 does not obtain Jay's mobility. A needed attribute proven by our BU QBs playing behind the O-line Jay has had to play behind. Doubt Brady would have lasted thru the 9 sack 1rst half of the Giants game, yet alone the whole year. Add in the poor WR ,Te, & OCs he had to work with. You really have no argument.
I watched Brady dissect my Illini for a couple years. Was begging my Bears to take him in RD 2 of the draft he came out in.
But the bottom line is Brady played his whole career in the NFL in the same system. It has changed from time to time. But was pretty much the same system. Jay is learning his 4th system in 5 years. While Belechick ( Spelling ?) believes in protecting his QB , It seems the Bears previous administration didn't seem woorried about it.
Like I said, I doubt any QB would have been successful here.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you underestimate the value of a quick release. Brady wouldn't have been sacked nine times in the same situation. He would have got the ball out. Brady isn't sacked very often, and only part of it is good line play. He is widely considered one of the best in the NFL at moving in the pocket and getting the ball out to avoid sacks. Forte alone is more to work with than Brady had pretty much up until randy moss was added. He hasn't had weapons, or an awesome line, and he had made it work anyways. Great QBs do that.

That part's not to teach cutler, just to observe that he would have been OK in Chicago. I don't think your receivers were as awful as you claim. I just think they lacked the quarterback to take advantage of them.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you underestimate the value of a quick release. Brady wouldn't have been sacked nine times in the same situation. He would have got the ball out. Brady isn't sacked very often, and only part of it is good line play. He is widely considered one of the best in the NFL at moving in the pocket and getting the ball out to avoid sacks. Forte alone is more to work with than Brady had pretty much up until randy moss was added. He hasn't had weapons, or an awesome line, and he had made it work anyways. Great QBs do that.

That part's not to teach cutler, just to observe that he would have been OK in Chicago. I don't think your receivers were as awful as you claim. I just think they lacked the quarterback to take advantage of them.
We can probably debate this till camp starts. But love the conversation. The only problem with Brady's quick release, is he has to have someone to get open to maximize that strength. Unfortunately for my Bears, we didn't have the coaching staff or personnel to maximize that strength. Yes he's 1 of the best @ moving around in the pocket. Just Curious. How is he when there is no pocket.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brady had a different system to learn every year he to would make questionable decisions. Jay has had a horrible road to hoe. All the elite QBs have had a great situation from day one. Well see what Jay can do now over the next few seasons.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can say Cutler isnt that good based on what hes done in Chicago. Like i said though, look at Denver, when he carried them. They had zero defense, but protected him, and he was rediculously good. If they would have had a mediocre defense, they would have been on the map. He threw for 4500 yds in 2008 i think. He isnt average, but any qb would be, behind the line that we have been putting on the field. If you dont know that, you might not be capable of dealing with reality.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you dont think, he is that good of a qb, but at the same time agree that he has had limited weapons at his disposal. He makes plays despite that. I must ask this- if he isnt that good, who should have been the Bears QB from 09 to present that would have equaled or surpassed the win total? Im highly confident that the Bears would not have done as well without him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call bullshit.

I also think you underestimate the value of good coaching. Brady has had arguably the greatest coach in football, his whole career. Jay's had, what, 6 different offensive systems, since entering the league and Lovie Smith?

If you were to just do a skills competition between the two, Jay would destroy him. Now, what's between the ears, and the intangibles are a different story, but just skillset and athleticism, it's not even close.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady had a different system to learn every year he to would make questionable decisions. Jay has had a horrible road to hoe. All the elite QBs have had a great situation from day one. Well see what Jay can do now over the next few seasons.

They all have a OL that can protect.

Look at Aaron Rodgers 1st season taking sacks and throwing picks from being under constant pressure until the Packers drafted/signed some protection the next year.