• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone give me NFL topics to use for a hypothesis?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get your answers. I am not doing essay. A hypthesis is a question you know an answer to but can be tested. Then you do your analysis and come to a conclusion.

Psych 201 project. Also, I don't know how to pen it. As in, do I write a short story, a blog, or a essay?

I don't think we understand the question, then?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not explained like a essay. An essay is something that requires facts backed up by steps or reasons.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't NFL related but what do you think of this?

Attachments

• hypothesis 2.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 7

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get your answers. I am not doing essay. A hypthesis is a question you know an answer to but can be tested. Then you do your analysis and come to a conclusion.
That's not how science works.

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

and/or

a proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.

Fails both definitions

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't get why you are being such an asshole about this. You just posted, on a sports message board, on the internet, a request for ideas about your paper. Then, you are going to bitch about our earnest responses, where we try to help you out?

Screw you man.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well #1 there's actually quite a bit of literature (presumably psychology related too, not just sociological or anthropological) on the non-NFL topic you linked in there. I don't know the exact perameters of the assignment, but this seems like something that is a bit broad for a 200 level class? Or maybe that's just me. Narrow it down some?

I can tell you it's flawed factually (that's almost certainly ok for this assignment I am guessing?) at the macro level. The behavior of people on social media you mentioned though is pretty damn interesting though and I am sure (in fact I know) people who are pretty quickly jumping into the field on examining social media in general and more niche groups like the hacktivist group Anonymous. Trolling is another fascinating behavior which I'd imagine psychologists are exploring.