• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp News

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we could have one thread to keep all of the major topics of camp in one space if that works for everybody.

So far only a few pieces of information that I have heard. The first being Sylvester Williams has yet to be signed so he is not at camp for day one.

Wes Welker is looking good. He has definitely been winning the battle between him and Chris Harris day one. On that note Chris Harris put on 15 pounds over the off season (no it was not fat)

Hillman has looked really smooth and as some thought the Zone Blocking has definitely been present at camp so far.

Anyway I'll add more as I hear more throughout the day and anybody else that hears anything can add if they want.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things to add. Tony Carter held his own against DT in 7 on 7 drills. Rahim Moore has been getting all the 1st team reps at one of the safety positions while Bruton and Adams have been splitting at the other. Moore already has a pick six that caused the crowd to go wild.

Zac Dysert looked terrible (not unexpected for a rookie quarterback).

Something of actual big news is guess who the starting TE has been so far in Training Camp...I'll give you a hint it is not Tamme or Dressen even though both are present at camp. Julius Thomas is getting first crack at first team.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Welker is looking good. He has definitely been winning the battle between him and Chris Harris day one.

Hmm. I am ambivalent about that report.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something of actual big news is guess who the starting TE has been so far in Training Camp...I'll give you a hint it is not Tamme or Dressen even though both are present at camp. Julius Thomas is getting first crack at first team.

Solid as Dreesen and Tamme were last year, I find that report unambiguously encouraging.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid as Dreesen and Tamme were last year, I find that report unambiguously encouraging.

I like Dressen and Tamme but Thomas definitely could add a whole new dimension to this offense if he can become one of those Basketball turned football players that actually pans out. He has always shown potential but injuries and experience have definitely hindered his career. The fact that he is still with the team should show the coaches see something in him. My biggest worry with him is not as a receiver but as a blocker and him missing an assignment sometime and getting either Peyton or one of our Running Backs blown up. But then again this is exactly why Alex Gibbs was brought in to help not only the young OL guys but the TE's and RB's to work on their technique in blocking.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von said he'd like to improve in coverage this season. I read he was working with the DBs for a little bit

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day one in the books and no injuries. Always nice to start off well. Sounds like Os was very sharp today completing passes all over the place. Cannot wait for that first Preseason game and see this kid in action.

Ronnie Hillman definitely looked the best of the running backs.

Players missing from practice today were Ryan Clady, Chris Kuper, JD Walton (was actually at practice but did not participate), and Sly Williams.

Ayers had what some would call the play of the day busting through a double team to hit Hillman in the backfield.

So far that is about all I have read.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I am reading so far, Orton and Julius Thomas are the talk of camp so far. Very interesting, we can pretty much assume DT, Decker, Welker, King, and Holliday are making it, and with the talent they have all over the team (with exception of b/u OL), there are just not going to be many spots after that. If Orton keeps it up though, they are going to be very, very hard pressed letting him go.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS rocks!

Peyton Manning pulled a young fan out of the stands and invited the kid
(roughly nine years old) to run routes in the middle of practice. The young boy
obeyed Manning's instructions and ran a few routes about 15 yards downfield. The
first one flew just beyond his reach as he made a cut, but the second was a
perfect connection. Someone in the media asked me how jealous I was of that kid
at that moment, and I said everyone is. What a treat for him to catch a pass
from Peyton Manning in Broncos camp.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star of the day was Greg Orton? He's not related to Kyle, is he?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News from today is CJ Davis is back on the field after being carted off a couple of days ago. Bubba Caldwell back as well after sitting out a day. Hillman in pads but not practicing so far today. Ball taking first team reps.

Now onto the Center position...new guy has impressed those in attendance. Ramirez though is getting first chance at starting and Manning is working hard to teach him everything possible about the position.

Sly Williams I am told is having another great day at practice and just looks like a man among boys at times.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just read that Sly limped off the field into the locker room.......

Fingers crossed that it is minor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just read that Sly limped off the field into the locker room.......

Fingers crossed that it is minor.

The fact that he left on his own feet should indicate at least that it is a minor injury. Definitely do not need any more key guys going down anytime soon.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I figured as well.......Been a little nervous about this camp for a few weeks. lol

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a safe bet that all of them are going to get knicked up a bit, as they attempt to return to football shape with the pads on. We do have quite a bit of depth on this team, so I'm not totally worried yet! Although the Koppen injury was a major bummer. I'm also hearing now that Jacob Tamme is nursing a quad injury and Robert Ayers left with a slight hamstring pull. Neither of these appear to be serious though.

MH64