• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camaron Cheeseman

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like one of the easier jobs in the NFL but is not. A LS typically has a body type that is flexible, can create torque, can run fairly well and tackle shifty returners. Most are either LB body types or former LB's who have converted to LS only. To be precise on punts and FG's/Xpts you must have developed great technique and longevity doing so. These guys typically are out before practice and after practice either perfecting the craft or creating chemistry with holder and kicker. To find a great snapper who can field punt returns and have the ability to "get down the field" quickly and assist with tackling would be awesome. I liked Sunberg but he was a very avg athlete and didn't make many tackles on ST. He rarely had any bad snaps though which is ultimately what you want out of your LS.
Nick Sundberg...10 years, 18 tackles

Joe Cardona...6 years, 12 tackles

Blake Ferguson...1 year, 2 tackles

Reid Ferguson...4 years, 7 tackles

Clark Harris...13 years, 32 tackles

The norm for a LS is less than two total tackles per year. Their job is not to get down field and make tackles. Their job is to be the second to last person on a return.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Sundberg...10 years, 18 tackles

Joe Cardona...6 years, 12 tackles

Blake Ferguson...1 year, 2 tackles

Reid Ferguson...4 years, 7 tackles

Clark Harris...13 years, 32 tackles

The norm for a LS is less than two total tackles per year. Their job is not to get down field and make tackles. Their job is to be the second to last person on a return.
Ah, no its not. Typically a not so fast LS's job is to ensure the snap is PERFECT, then bust his ass downfield to assist with making the tackle on the returner. No LS is a safety net or last line of defense granted, if the LS makes the tackles, that's icing on the cake. I did my fair share of LS in the day and at no time was a safety net.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, no its not.

All I can do is give you the facts. I can’t do any more than that. I did leave out their primary job is to snap the ball and block a little. Their job is not to get down field and tackle tackle tackle. There is a reason they average less than two tackles per year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a money thing with Nick? Was his performance poor, he was doing great things in the community, why was he let go?
He had been dealing with an injury issue last year and his snap time had gone of 3 seconds which is high for the NFL. He also was making a decent wage for a LS. I heard Nick interviewed after he was released. He thought he could still do the job and the team thought differently. He was going to look for a job with another team. Great guy, great guy in the community ... we all have a day when we can be replaced.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can do is give you the facts. I can’t do any more than that. I did leave out their primary job is to snap the ball and block a little. Their job is not to get down field and tackle tackle tackle. There is a reason they average less than two tackles per year.
Sometimes your facts are distorted.