• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Talbot or Dominic Hasek in his prime?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to read up on Glenn Hall.He did "butterfly" way before Hasek,and without a mask.
And add Parent,and Brodeur in their prime,to compete with Hasek.

Like Roy, I think Marty had a better overall career, but in his prime he only had one season that was comparable to Hasek's prime years. Not sure about Bernie Parent, him & Dryden were before my time & I didn't have the opportunity to compare them to their contemporaries. But statistically, Hasek's best years were better than theirs as well.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasek is the reason no one does the standup style anymore. He showed the world that the butterfly was the superior technique. If you didn't see how Hasek changed the game, you're deaf & blind.

wrong again, goalie styles evolve quite a bit through the years and Tony esposito made the butterfly popular before Hasek. History always proves that something was invented before. Cam stands up quite a bit as do other goalies

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Roy, I think Marty had a better overall career, but in his prime he only had one season that was comparable to Hasek's prime years. Not sure about Bernie Parent, him & Dryden were before my time & I didn't have the opportunity to compare them to their contemporaries. But statistically, Hasek's best years were better than theirs as well.

But your tone is that "you know and nobody else knows". Hasek had to watch previous goalies to come up with his style, most goalies do. Maybe not Gump Worsley

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong again, goalie styles evolve quite a bit through the years and Tony esposito made the butterfly popular before Hasek. History always proves that something was invented before. Cam stands up quite a bit as do other goalies

Hall (who was mentioned before) and Esposito both played the butterfly but at the time Tony O retired the vast majority of goaltenders still played the stand-up style.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tony Esposito was no doubt a great innovator of the butterfly, but we're talking about those who standardize the butterfly, which took place during the 1990s, long after Tony Esposito retired. I will say Tony Esposito was way ahead of his time tho.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall (who was mentioned before) and Esposito both played the butterfly but at the time Tony O retired the vast majority of goaltenders still played the stand-up style.

Im saying Tony esposito played butterfly before Hasek granted that you mentioned Hall. No argument there but I saw Espo on tv more than Hall.

As far as popularity even though there were mostly standups at that time future goalies saw Tony O playing the butterfly more than Hall or took the style from Espo (IMO tv being the reason) than Hall. But yes your post is correct, just trying to clarify my answer more. MY BAD!

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Esposito was no doubt a great innovator of the butterfly, but we're talking about those who standardize the butterfly, which took place during the 1990s, long after Tony Esposito retired. I will say Tony Esposito was way ahead of his time tho.

Butterfly was standardized before the 90's

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealth, I'll admit that Roy, Brodeur, & Sawchuck are the 3 greatest goalies ever, but at their best, Hasek 'a best was the best of the best . Ok?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank is better than Hasek

That's funny stealth, all this time Hank wasn't even as good as his unproven backup, now all of a sudden he's greater than the Dominator. Oh but wait, Cam is also better than the Dominator so I guess your logic is sound :rollseyes:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny stealth, all this time Hank wasn't even as good as his unproven backup, now all of a sudden he's greater than the Dominator. Oh but wait, Cam is also better than the Dominator so I guess your logic is sound :rollseyes:

like I thought that was never said.....see people always half interpret what they want to hear. I never said Hank wasnt even as good as his unproven backup. I said hank had focus issues and that Cam was better focused which was true. At that time Hank wasnt focused until game 5 of the flyers series.

Now make sure you write what I said and not what you want to hear next thing you will be telling me is Dan Bylsma should have never been coach of the Penguins.......but wait, thats not what you said.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I thought that was never said.....see people always half interpret what they want to hear. I never said Hank wasnt even as good as his unproven backup. I said hank had focus issues and that Cam was better focused which was true. At that time Hank wasnt focused until game 5 of the flyers series.

Now make sure you write what I said and not what you want to hear next thing you will be telling me is Dan Bylsma should have never been coach of the Penguins.......but wait, thats not what you said.

So how is Hank better than the Dominator exactly? Against most goalies Hank would have a case, but not against a 2x MVP & 6x Vezina winner.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is Hank better than the Dominator exactly? Against most goalies Hank would have a case, but not against a 2x MVP & 6x Vezina winner.

he is better because its my opinion and this is a message board that doesnt mean anything, We are not here to prove anything to anybody its all for fun and sometimes you forget that looking for the upper-hand. Scotty Bowman isnt coming on board to hand out awards, so chill!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is better because its my opinion and this is a message board that doesnt mean anything, We are not here to prove anything to anybody its all for fun and sometimes you forget that looking for the upper-hand. Scotty Bowman isnt coming on board to hand out awards, so chill!

Pittsburgh homer

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun.

I am a "HOMER" NY RANGER homer

You should become a Kitchener Rangers homer so you could get on the John Gibson bandwagoner.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant yet I only heard a little about him and havent seen anything on him so I cant be an offical Kitchner homer until a visual happens

Here you go stealth,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orf8YUvkoE4]John Gibson #35 Compilation [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, he loves the splits and has a great glove......Im going to make the comparison(S), which I shouldnt. Here goes Richter and Hank together but taller, now I need to see how the opposition are scoring on him. Im almost a homer.

I like his game too stealth, he gave up some softies against the Kings, but that's expected for a 20 year old. Can't wait to see what he does in the future. I like the Richter comparison BTW, there are lots of similarities in style.