• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I do not consider it vandalism or fun. Amusing that people get so worked up about something so silly.
I didn't start this thread. I'm just expressing my opinion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can do a better job than most, but I equate this to picking a jury...do you have any predisposed thoughts or feelings that might prevent you from having an objective viewpoint?

As far as Cam and his antics...I get it...I prefer more of a Barry Sanders approach to making a big play, but I understand times change...when you are on the edge not everyone is going to like it...some people hated McEnroe simply because he acted like an ass on the court sometimes.

You think Cam's antics are childish...and I'm not going to agree or disagree...it's a fair opinion.

His antics are different, but is it really any different than when Brady makes a big spike after a TD?
IMHO yes it is different, very different. Brady adamantly spikes the ball, however he spikes it may jump up and down or even scream. Players have always spiked the ball so the norm is spiking is acceptable. Cam stops, pauses, does he thing, smiles at the crowd home or away. Posing after a first down, really? Grow up. I'm with you Barry all the class in the world. We're in a new generation where after every tackle the player feels he needs to draw attention to himself. Hey ass clown all you did (in most cases) was your job. You made a tackle.
Thank God the outlawed using props or team collabrative celebrations, otherwise who knows what these kids would be doing.

As for me being able to seperate my objectivity? Not 100% I'm sure it's likely weighted against Cam.
I would still despise it if Brady was doing it. I would likely still like Brady though. Hope I never have to figure that out.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of the after play celebrations as well but have to admit, this was pretty funny

owens-popcorn-o.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO yes it is different, very different. Brady adamantly spikes the ball, however he spikes it may jump up and down or even scream. Players have always spiked the ball so the norm is spiking is acceptable. Cam stops, pauses, does he thing, smiles at the crowd home or away. Posing after a first down, really? Grow up. I'm with you Barry all the class in the world. We're in a new generation where after every tackle the player feels he needs to draw attention to himself. Hey ass clown all you did (in most cases) was your job. You made a tackle.
Thank God the outlawed using props or team collabrative celebrations, otherwise who knows what these kids would be doing.

As for me being able to seperate my objectivity? Not 100% I'm sure it's likely weighted against Cam.
I would still despise it if Brady was doing it. I would likely still like Brady though. Hope I never have to figure that out.

Even though I like and prefer the old school, low key celebrations...some of the more outlandish ones were fun to watch too, Billy White Shoes Johnson was a favorite...the Ickky Shovel.

What I find interesting is Cam is a lot more low key off the field than his on it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind celebrations. But I find that QBs should be leaders and not show boaters.

The superman stuff is mildly annoying but I really hate that he does the first down thing every time he runs for a first down.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the legal citations for these cases. Sometimes fine print does not hold up in a court of law because, like you said, it is fine print.

Do your own research. It's not like it's a topic that hasn't been beaten into the ground on sports radio for varying occurences.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a word you are, Wrong.:thumb:

You must have missed the point where the fans with the banner never had it attached to any surface or railing in the stadium and were only holding it in their hands and had it ripped out of their hands which is allowable according to the rules of that stadium. But go on believing what you want. Can Newton ripped the banner out their hands as they were holding it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I do not consider it vandalism or fun. Amusing that people get so worked up about something so silly.

I don't think there are that many people worked up about. Just something to talk about.

Better than talking about how dreamy Tom Brady is every day.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the point where the fans with the banner never had it attached to any surface or railing in the stadium and were only holding it in their hands and had it ripped out of their hands which is allowable according to the rules of that stadium. But go on believing what you want. Can Newton ripped the banner out their hands as they were holding it.

And that wouldn't change him being wrong since we were discussing it with the reports that it was hung.

Also keep in mind, the policy can change without notice, on a moments notice. You don't have a right to do anything othere than what they decide they will allow, once you enter the stadium.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that wouldn't change him being wrong since we were discussing it with the reports that it was hung.

Also keep in mind, the policy can change without notice, on a moments notice. You don't have a right to do anything othere than what they decide they will allow, once you enter the stadium.

You must have also missed the fact that the owner of the banner checked with the stadium before he attended the event to see if it was ok to bring it and was told he could if he followed the rules and held it in his hand. Cam Newton ripped it from his hands are the words of the person who ir was stolen from.

When you see a picture of the banner where people are holding it in there hands you see that there are no ropes or strings in the metal corner grommets to hang the banner. There are various different reports on this subject and all cant be true because they are not all the same but believe what you want. I go by the words of those that were there and had it happen to them when they say it was taken from their hands

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have also missed the fact that the owner of the banner checked with the stadium before he attended the event to see if it was ok to bring it and was told he could if he followed the rules and held it in his hand. Cam Newton ripped it from his hands are the words of the person who ir was stolen from.

When you see a picture of the banner where people are holding it in there hands you see that there are no ropes or strings in the metal corner grommets to hang the banner. There are various different reports on this subject and all cant be true because they are not all the same but believe what you want. I go by the words of those that were there and had it happen to them when they say it was taken from their hands

FACTS ???? You must now leave this forum.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That guy also said that he paid $500 for the banner... Which is total bullshit, but I bet he's being completely honest about everything else.:rolleyes2:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do your own research. It's not like it's a topic that hasn't been beaten into the ground on sports radio for varying occurences.

You're the one who said there is all this case law, but you haven't named one case, but it's good to know that you simply rely on what others say instead of thinking for yourself.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha

can't believe this turd is still floating in the bowl

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation, "I'm a crybaby butthurt GB fan."

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who said there is all this case law, but you haven't named one case, but it's good to know that you simply rely on what others say instead of thinking for yourself.

Or you could use this link and read up on what happens when people try and sue stadiums.

www.google.com

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Readers Digest version of this story.

Guy goes to see his favorite team at a rival teams stadium.

Guy hangs/holds the visiting teams banner over the railing in the front row.

Home team player rips down the banner.

Guys team loses, creating a situation that they will not make the SB without going back to this stadium, assuming Carolina doesn't have a full on second half season collapse.

Guy whines how his entire life has been ruined and will probably never recover from it, EVER.

Team notifies him the banner was destroyed; however they would like to make it up to him by getting him a new, replica, banner.

Guy still whines.

GB fans, and fans of rival teams of the Panthers, still whine.

The End.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Talking about this gives @LambeauLegs an excuse to ignore what everyone else sees, that the Packers lack depth and can't beat quality teams in the road.

Lacking Depth would mean that they are they lost the last 2 games because back up were playing. It was the first team that sucked in both games not being able to block or pass rush or run or get receivers open. I didnt see the losses because of injuries and back ups in playing not getting the job done. So I am not sure if you watched the games or what the situation was.

But yes when they played the top teams on the road they failed so have things to work on. It was good to start out the season in the first few games of the year that we played some of the weaker teams at home so they could get a 6 - 0 record to offset these last 2 losses. Will just have to see if they can get things corrected or of the season is over. The next 4 games are against division teams so will have to see how those games turn out.

But hey maybe they will sit the 1st teamers and let the depth play and see if they can turn it around