• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation, "I'm a crybaby butthurt GB fan."

Well if you would have taken the time to read the full thread which you did not you would see that I said the guy was an idiot for doing what he did. You just came in with assumptions that werent true to make a point that was not accurate.

It would not matter if this was an Eagles/Cowboys game. The point was the fan didnt do anything wrong checking things out with the stadium before the game and a player came and stole his property right out of his hands so I saw the reason why the guy was upset and tried to get back what was his.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you would have taken the time to read the full thread which you did not you would see that I said the guy was an idiot for doing what he did. You just came in with assumptions that werent true to make a point that was not accurate.

It would not matter if this was an Eagles/Cowboys game. The point was the fan didnt do anything wrong checking things out with the stadium before the game and a player came and stole his property right out of his hands so I saw the reason why the guy was upset and tried to get back what was his.

And the teams employee didn't do anything wrong either. What most people dont' seem to understand is the team/stadium can do just about anythign they want, including telling you to leave for any reason they like short of discrimination/age/sex.

They can even change the policy on the fly.

Seen it happen in person. Know operations personnel at a few facilities, and know what they have done, and be assured, it's pretty much what ever they want.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are front runners. They win as long as there isn't much adversity.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the teams employee didn't do anything wrong either. What most people dont' seem to understand is the team/stadium can do just about anythign they want, including telling you to leave for any reason they like short of discrimination/age/sex.

They can even change the policy on the fly.

Seen it happen in person. Know operations personnel at a few facilities, and know what they have done, and be assured, it's pretty much what ever they want.

And I never said what you just mentioned cant happen

But my guess though is that if the Panther organization thought what Cam did was right they would have ignored the guy when he questioned them on what happened.

But if some employ in the organization told him it was ok to have the banner and then an employee takes what he was told to be ok that it would be bad PR for the team and this is my guess as to why they are making things right with the guy and replacing what was taken.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could use this link and read up on what happens when people try and sue stadiums.

www.google.com

You said that there was substantial case law, but if you don't know how find cases to back up what you said, it's okay. There are probably cases that one could find to support either position, but the Panthers don't want this to go to court, like I said earlier, so they are settling this out of court.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Readers Digest version of this story.

Guy goes to see his favorite team at a rival teams stadium.

Guy hangs/holds the visiting teams banner over the railing in the front row.

Home team player rips down the banner.

Guys team loses, creating a situation that they will not make the SB without going back to this stadium, assuming Carolina doesn't have a full on second half season collapse.

Guy whines how his entire life has been ruined and will probably never recover from it, EVER.

Team notifies him the banner was destroyed; however they would like to make it up to him by getting him a new, replica, banner.

Guy still whines.

GB fans, and fans of rival teams of the Panthers, still whine.

The End.

da fuq you talking about

don't categorize

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread:lol:. Do we actually care about a sign getting ripped down? Seriously, much ado about nothing.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that there was substantial case law, but if you don't know how find cases to back up what you said, it's okay. There are probably cases that one could find to support either position, but the Panthers don't want this to go to court, like I said earlier, so they are settling this out of court.

It would never go to court, it has zero chance, and the guy doesn't have the cash to blow.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Readers Digest version of this story.

Guy goes to see his favorite team at a rival teams stadium.

Guy hangs/holds the visiting teams banner over the railing in the front row.

Home team player rips down the banner.

Guys team loses, creating a situation that they will not make the SB without going back to this stadium, assuming Carolina doesn't have a full on second half season collapse.

Guy whines how his entire life has been ruined and will probably never recover from it, EVER.

Team notifies him the banner was destroyed; however they would like to make it up to him by getting him a new, replica, banner.

Guy still whines.

GB fans, except for @packerzrule and fans of rival teams of the Panthers, still whine.

The End.

Better?:suds::thumb:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would never go to court, it has zero chance, and the guy doesn't have the cash to blow.

It's not going to court because the Panthers are doing what they need to do to settle the matter. This is what I and others have said all along. There probably would've been attorneys willing to take the case pro bono just so that they could say that their legal experience includes suing an NFL team.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are front runners. They win as long as there isn't much adversity.

Adversity like when they won the Super Bowl with 15 players on IR and lost Woodsen and Driver in the first half of the Super Bowl??? This guy is a crybaby but I actually do think he should be compensated since Newton ripped up an obviously expensive sign.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not going to court because the Panthers are doing what they need to do to settle the matter. This is what I and others have said all along. There probably would've been attorneys willing to take the case pro bono just so that they could say that their legal experience includes suing an NFL team.

Sure they could take it pro bono, and be a loser.