• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling out the Dawgs in my column this week...

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that really doesn't answer my question. Seems like you are saying that your article wasn't objective, although it was less subjective than my response. Is that what you are saying?

Among other things, what I saw was a USCe homer taking a dig at two rivals ... Clemson and UGa. A "high school football game," really?

Why I am asking is to see what the purpose of the article is ... do you consider yourself as a true journalist, or do you just throw out articles like that to stir up the fans of the two teams. By my post, you've somewhat succeeded in the later.

Any opinion column is going to be partly subjective, but my predictions are usually pretty good because I base them largely on trends and facts. I generally place very well in the pickems and in our media picks contest here in Columbia.
Yes, it always spices up the readership to take a dig, especially at rivals. However, I do indeed feel like the ClemUGA game was high school in the sense that there were a few fast guys that no one could stop. When those guys face some fast guys on defense it will be a different type of game.
I don't just look to stir the pot, I try to find angles. If you'd like to see examples you can check out a few of my online columns.
http://www.free-times.com/blogs/sideline

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some points I'd like to add:

USC's defense gave up ten more points on the road than at home in 2012

USC's offense scored 14 points less on the road than at home in 2012

UGA offense scored 16 points more at home than on the road in 2012

UGA defense was the same in point margin for home and away for 2012

The road argument has some validity, but again, we've won 2 of the last 3 in Athens with teams that were not as good as now, so it isn't all that. It will help UGA, but that alone won't overcome the imbalance.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The road argument has some validity, but again, we've won 2 of the last 3 in Athens with teams that were not as good as now, so it isn't all that. It will help UGA, but that alone won't overcome the imbalance.

It closes the gap.

UGA does get a big upgrade in the secondary with Harvey-Clemens (coming off suspension) and Moore (coming off injury) returning for the game

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I'll be going to the game now, a friend has a spare ticket. Perhaps my presence will offset the home field advantage!

Guess I need to head to the liquor store either way.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...by just pointing out the obvious. We're the better team.

Gamecocks Poised to Pound Overrated Bulldogs - Free-Times.com

2013-September-6-18-39-27.jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sic 'em Dawgs! GATA!

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to tell you all week, how your team does at home and how it does on the road is completely different. I'm sure you'll find a way to fudge the numbers to make your team look better, you're already good at that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what will be in your column this week? I want to know so that I can bet against your prediction and strike it rich.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops; looks like the strength of SCar managed to give up more points than the weakness of Clemson :dhd: