• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

calling Jonas Gray

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your ass ready for next Sunday!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the Patriots going to cut Gray lose next season?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray will get a fresh start in preseason. Blount has 1 year left.
We could lose Ridley and Vereen. Even Devlin. No reason to let Gray go at this point.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray seemed a lot like Ridley to me. He hits the hole fast and hard and gets into second gear pretty quickly. The Indy game gave the illusion he might have more power than Ridley, but that may exactly be an illusion.

My biggest gripe about Blount is his delay in hitting second gear in order to see if there's a third gear opportunity. If he hits second gear he's an automatic five yard gain.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray seemed a lot like Ridley to me. He hits the hole fast and hard and gets into second gear pretty quickly. The Indy game gave the illusion he might have more power than Ridley, but that may exactly be an illusion.

My biggest gripe about Blount is his delay in hitting second gear in order to see if there's a third gear opportunity. If he hits second gear he's an automatic five yard gain.

Gray is nothing like Ridley. Gray hits the first hole he sees hard. Ridley gets "happy feet" in the backfield.
Gray will knock people down in the open holes, he'll take the 3 falling forward when there isn't much.

Ridley will look for a better hole and give up an easy 3 to look for more - getting tackled for nothing or a loss. Now Ridley will have to dance around on 1 leg.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray is nothing like Ridley. Gray hits the first hole he sees hard. Ridley gets "happy feet" in the backfield.
Gray will knock people down in the open holes, he'll take the 3 falling forward when there isn't much.

Ridley will look for a better hole and give up an easy 3 to look for more - getting tackled for nothing or a loss. Now Ridley will have to dance around on 1 leg.

I don't agree with your assessment of Ridley. If the hole is there, he hits it fast. I do agree with your assessment of Gray. I find Blount is the one who gets the happy feet...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with your assessment of Ridley. If the hole is there, he hits it fast. I do agree with your assessment of Gray. I find Blount is the one who gets the happy feet...

We agree to disagree, friend. Ridley is frustrating as hell to watch..... Just hit the hole, bitch!
Blount is big but not as powerful as gray. Blount is top-heavy and will knock you over if you hit him straight on. He goes over easily if you knock him off-balance.
Gray has better balance but lacks lateral move.....

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Ridley in our back field anymore. I'm not sure how he's going to come back from the knee injury and he fumbles too much. I think we should go with Blount, Gray, and Vereen. I'd go into the season with Blount and Gray as your main backs and Vereen as the 3rd down/scat back.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray - Hits the hole he supposed to hit whether or not it's there. he hits it quick. He doesn't improvise. He's excellent at following his blockers through the hole.

Blount - Not nearly as quick as Gray. Tries to hit the hole he supposed to hit but will improvise if he sees another option. He doesn't dance, and when loses yardage, it's because there's no hole and nowhere else to go.

Ridley - Has excellent Field Vision, but has poor cognitive response. He takes the ball and will immediately see what looks to be an opening and will alter his route from the assigned hole to another spot. The problem is that the O-Line is blocking for him to hit a certain spot and when gets to the line, the hole he saw is now a wall so he immediately tries to go back to the original hole which has just closed. When he does this, he loses concentration on securing the ball and he fumbles because he gets hit from an unexpected defender.

Gray and Blount are perfect for the offense the Patriots run. Vareen is the perfect alteration back who can take the ball and run and get 6-15 yards because the defense isn't expecting him to carry the ball. He's also the best pass catching back on the roster. He's the Patriots 5th WR in the spread because he has speed and hands.

White will get a chance to show whether or not he can play in the NFL this season. If he doesn't show huge improvement, he'll be gone with the first cuts.

Ridley may be a casualty also. He's not going to get a big contract and if he's expecting one, it won't be in New England.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Ridley in our back field anymore. I'm not sure how he's going to come back from the knee injury and he fumbles too much. I think we should go with Blount, Gray, and Vereen. I'd go into the season with Blount and Gray as your main backs and Vereen as the 3rd down/scat back.

This :suds: send Ridley on his way out!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray - Hits the hole he supposed to hit whether or not it's there. he hits it quick. He doesn't improvise. He's excellent at following his blockers through the hole.

Blount - Not nearly as quick as Gray. Tries to hit the hole he supposed to hit but will improvise if he sees another option. He doesn't dance, and when loses yardage, it's because there's no hole and nowhere else to go.

Ridley - Has excellent Field Vision, but has poor cognitive response. He takes the ball and will immediately see what looks to be an opening and will alter his route from the assigned hole to another spot. The problem is that the O-Line is blocking for him to hit a certain spot and when gets to the line, the hole he saw is now a wall so he immediately tries to go back to the original hole which has just closed. When he does this, he loses concentration on securing the ball and he fumbles because he gets hit from an unexpected defender.

Gray and Blount are perfect for the offense the Patriots run. Vareen is the perfect alteration back who can take the ball and run and get 6-15 yards because the defense isn't expecting him to carry the ball. He's also the best pass catching back on the roster. He's the Patriots 5th WR in the spread because he has speed and hands.

White will get a chance to show whether or not he can play in the NFL this season. If he doesn't show huge improvement, he'll be gone with the first cuts.

Ridley may be a casualty also. He's not going to get a big contract and if he's expecting one, it won't be in New England.

Isn't White practice squad eligible? Same with Gaffney? Who knows what UDFA's we pick up this year after the draft. Really, nobody is secure this year, other than Bolden because he is performing well on special teams, and Vereen, unless he gets greedy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Gray and Blount are the power backs I want and think they fit as well as the rest of you and I want Vereen as the change of pace/ screen catcher...

With that said how would you guys feel if Vareen didn't make it, if BB picked up Chris Johnson?
Just curious, he is still fast and can catch. And he could probably be had fairly cheap...Thoughts?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Gray and Blount are the power backs I want and think they fit as well as the rest of you and I want Vereen as the change of pace/ screen catcher...

With that said how would you guys feel if Vareen didn't make it, if BB picked up Chris Johnson?
Just curious, he is still fast and can catch. And he could probably be had fairly cheap...Thoughts?

No. I think he seems unmotivated. Could be more to the story. I would be really surprised if the Pats don't talk to him. I would not be surprised if nothing comes of it.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think he seems unmotivated. Could be more to the story. I would be really surprised if the Pats don't talk to him. I would not be surprised if nothing comes of it.....

If he's healthy and cheap and BB maybe can light a fire in his ass..he could be worth a look.