• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C.J. Prosise

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Seahawks are looking for a reliable third-down back, which is why Prosise was one of the three backs the team took in the 2016 draft. Yes, there’s the need to replace Marshawn Lynch over time, but Prosise is a different type of weapon. He played safety and receiver at Notre Dame until depth issues forced him to the running back position ahead of the 2015 season, and he responded with 1,029 yards and 11 touchdowns on just 157 carries, averaging 2.83 yards after contact and totaling 43 missed tackles on those 157 carries. He’s a projected do-it-all guy for Seattle who will attack defenses as a receiver just as much as he will as a back.

“He’s a guy that I fell in love with because when I went back and watched him on film at receiver, and [he would] run all of the routes,” Pete Carroll said of Prosise after the team’s rookie minicamp. “He was a regular receiver. He got 50 targets or something like that two years ago. He’s a natural football player at that position that became a running back. Well, that’s really unusual that it happens like that, and that he would be so dynamic at the running back spot.”

The Seahawks, one of the more open-minded teams in the NFL when it comes to position matches and switches, could well be Prosise’s perfect fit."

Doug Farrar - Sports Illustrated.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the big question is whether he can learn to do basic blocking at the NFL level. Even as a 3rd down back he will occasionally need to block.

If he can do that, he may be quite handy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the big question is whether he can learn to do basic blocking at the NFL level. Even as a 3rd down back he will occasionally need to block.

Pete touched on his blocking and thought it wasn't bad, course that may be Pete being upbeat. Being 220 lbs. he's not a light weight, size wise. Have to see how he does at blocking on the NFL level.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete touched on his blocking and thought it wasn't bad, course that may be Pete being upbeat. Being 220 lbs. he's not a light weight, size wise. Have to see how he does at blocking on the NFL level.

Size usually isn't the problem for RBs. It's usually footwork and getting to the proper blocking point in time.

But if he focuses on that and practices at it, I'm sure he could learn it.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

being a lifetime Notre Dame fan my take is you're going to be happy with him, I was hoping my Packers could get him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a lifetime Notre Dame fan my take is you're going to be happy with him, I was hoping my Packers could get him.
So what's your take on his pass blocking?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your take on his pass blocking?
he's got the size and good feet and is stronger than what you may think, I think he is going to be good blocking and even better at being elusive after catching the ball. He's just what my Packer's have needed for the last five or six years. I think he's going to be fine.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's got the size and good feet and is stronger than what you may think, I think he is going to be good blocking and even better at being elusive after catching the ball. He's just what my Packer's have needed for the last five or six years. I think he's going to be fine.
Good to hear. I don't think anyone doubts his receiving skills, mostly just a little concern about his pass blocking. Might sound like a little thing, but it important skill for a third down back in the Seahawks system.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't blocking at any level, kinda like rebounding in basketball, it's not IF you can do it, just if you WANT to do it?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't blocking at any level, kinda like rebounding in basketball, it's not IF you can do it, just if you WANT to do it?
OK. Tell me does he want to? I think he does.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Tell me does he want to? I think he does.

I have no idea. Was asking a legit question. I played some b-ball, but actually never played organized football, all the towns I grew up in were too small. I was 4 when we left the US.

I was the poster child for 'white men can't jump.' But I held my own in rebounding, because I'd fight and box out and do all that dirty work stuff.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size usually isn't the problem for RBs. It's usually footwork and getting to the proper blocking point in time.

That's true... Warrick Dunn was one of the better blocking backs during his era and he was a 5'9"/ 185 lbs...