• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C. Coleman makes a lot of sense for the Lions

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a great compliment to Golden Tate and his style of play, it is Coleman from Baylor. Talk about YAC! A few NFL analyst go on record and call Coleman the most explosive offensive player in the draft with the ball in his hands.

He can do everything, plus stretch the field. There is some comparison to A. Brown. I wouldn't be opposed to a move like that at all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a great compliment to Golden Tate and his style of play, it is Coleman from Baylor. Talk about YAC! A few NFL analyst go on record and call Coleman the most explosive offensive player in the draft with the ball in his hands.

He can do everything, plus stretch the field. There is some comparison to A. Brown. I wouldn't be opposed to a move like that at all.

In the 2nd round ? I would't touch him at #16. Now, two drop downs or more that would garner a 3rd round pick per each then, yes, I see that as a possibility. He's not the route runner that Amari Cooper is/was in CFB and those spread WR are no where near ready or savvy enough for the NFL.

I like CC a lot but he has an 11% drop rate to go along with that quick twitch speed.

not a bad choice just simply putting some things out there.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I always respect your opinion. Lol

To me, this is a kid that can catch 7-10 balls a game and definitely a guy opposing teams would have to game plan for. If you're looking for an offensive guy that can do multiple things, he would be the one. I'd say he's a bit better than Tate also.

I like the speed dynamic that he would offer the team. Him, Tate, Riddick and Ebron would be pretty good. But then, who knows, maybe M. Jones will be a Lion also.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he runs a 4.4 in the forty or faster, watch out.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything..... You are consistent my friend.

You love offense for sure. I don't ever recall you wanting defense drafted in the first round. Even going way back to the CBS days.

However, I can't hate on Corey Coleman or Zeke Elliot being the pick. Both those dudes are flat out studs.

Still hard to pick either of them over defense though especially after watching Denver own Brady and Newton over the last two games. That and the fact that we have a defensive coordinator that I have confidence in for the first time in as long as I can remember.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I always respect your opinion. Lol

To me, this is a kid that can catch 7-10 balls a game and definitely a guy opposing teams would have to game plan for. If you're looking for an offensive guy that can do multiple things, he would be the one. I'd say he's a bit better than Tate also.

I like the speed dynamic that he would offer the team. Him, Tate, Riddick and Ebron would be pretty good. But then, who knows, maybe M. Jones will be a Lion also.

I here I thought (actually I know from memory that you were a CB favorite kind of guy). lol

I see your point and agree but I'm always trying to trade down once or twice. that's just my M.O. ( a fli flopping mofo)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You love offense for sure. I don't ever recall you wanting defense drafted in the first round. Even going way back to the CBS days.

However, I can't hate on Corey Coleman or Zeke Elliot being the pick. Both those dudes are flat out studs.

Still hard to pick either of them over defense though especially after watching Denver own Brady and Newton over the last two games. That and the fact that we have a defensive coordinator that I have confidence in for the first time in as long as I can remember.

you got to admit, LS1's theory, is very enticing. I'm a defense guy but played Y and Z and some CB #2 but that was in the 1890's (no typo there) or somewhere close to that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he runs a 4.4 in the forty or faster, watch out.

this is where I'll disagree regarding forty times because you can see his explosive abilities on field. Riddick doesn't have that speed but he does have explosive burst capabilities and a lot of wiggle in the open field. That's what matters more, imo.

He just needs some fine tuning for routes and he'll be fine. All rookies and Pro players to need to learn to get better as they go along.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I can't help it. I do like offense. If CJ wasnt on his way out, I wouldn't say a whole lot about offense.

I do want a defense that is really good though. I want to start at CB.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed his memo of wanting U of Houston CB William Jackson lll. :noidea:

That is just a little slight of hand trick he pulled on us. Trying to use reverse psychology on the world by asking for defense and not jinxing it when he really wants Coleman lol

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I here I thought (actually I know from memory that you were a CB favorite kind of guy). lol

I see your point and agree but I'm always trying to trade down once or twice. that's just my M.O. ( a fli flopping mofo)

CB is my favorite position in the NFL so I spend a lot of time focusing on those guys. Played a little bit of it in High School too. Lol

I would love to be able to trade down and still get him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where I'll disagree regarding forty times because you can see his explosive abilities on field. Riddick doesn't have that speed but he does have explosive burst capabilities and a lot of wiggle in the open field. That's what matters more, imo.

He just needs some fine tuning for routes and he'll be fine. All rookies and Pro players to need to learn to get better as they go along.

I think it plays a factor only when being chased. The initial burst gets you past a guy but you have to have that long speed to lose them.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just a little slight of hand trick he pulled on us. Trying to use reverse psychology on the world by asking for defense and not jinxing it when he really wants Coleman lol

don't ask for a quarter twist, please. I kind of like him being a real dude. lol

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It just depends who we end up with from FA. Lol.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it plays a factor only when being chased. The initial burst gets you past a guy but you have to have that long speed to lose them.

I'm not concerned about trying to turn every single play into a 40+ yard gain. I'll take the caught underneath routes all day long, one by one and hope it turns into points later on.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB is my favorite position in the NFL so I spend a lot of time focusing on those guys. Played a little bit of it in High School too. Lol

I would love to be able to trade down and still get him.

I'm with you if you want a CB for sure. I'm all for drafting that Hargraves guy if he happens to still be around at #16. One of the top guys on my wishlist.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hargreaves will be gone but you never know.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned about trying to turn every single play into a 40+ yard gain. I'll take the caught underneath routes all day long, one by one and hope it turns into points later on.

That would be a possession WR. I think if you're taking a WR at 16, he better be more than that. Lol

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a possession WR. I think if you're taking a WR at 16, he better be more than that. Lol

man, come on.
LS1, you cannot expect every play, even on a deep 7, 8, 9, route to end up a TD, especially if you're on your own 20 yd line and running those routes to set up the defense for next play or to hit on that play. CJ played more in underneath routes with slants/digs/hitches/quick outs this past year, a possession receiver, so, I guess everyone's man crush of the G.O.A.T., was a complete waste. Receivers nowadays are multi-use. Guys like CJ are still used in slot or x or flanker in small chunks yard plays.

I know damn well by taking a WR as a first round pick you're expecting him to be a high impact player. How did that work out for Perriman last year or Parker. Not all are going to become what you think they will. Darius Heyward Bey, Teddy Ginn Jr.