• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Week News, Next Up - Redskins vs Giants

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like our throw-in TE is starting to take on a larger role and take pressure off the run game and others a bit. Starting to warm up to Logan Thomas. He has to show me more though.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, got a question for you X and O guys....

I was listening to Cooley expound on McKissick and his relatively limited role in the Boys game...5 carries 35 yards which he said were ALL excellent. He continued saying that ‘he’s a great 1 cut zone runner and that from under center, he’s the best back we have and it’s not even close. If you want to create run action pass give McKissick 12 carries a game where he is running zone.

He loves Gibson on toss, but McKissick is better, even here currently.

He thinks McKissick is a really special player and currently the best back on the team.

He further explained that right now we are basicLly ‘zone type team that complements with gap plays, (and Gibson fills the gap role in essence) but McKissick should fill the zone gap role MORE - That he’s more elusive, quicker, and has better vision RIGHT NOW.

None of this was taking away from Gibson (12 carries, 125 yards in the Boys game) - he loves him too, particularly the power in his play, just we should use McKissick more

TLDR
McKissick, excels at being BOTH zone back and gap back.
Gibson, mostly playing ‘a gap back role’ currently and getting better and better

While Cooley loves both, He thinks McKissick is currently the best back on the roster and should get more carries. That the team should SPLIT carries for both backs more evenly to keep opposing Defenses honest.

Thoughts?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was listening to Cooley expound on McKissick and his relatively limited role in the Boys game...5 carries 35 yards which he said were ALL excellent. He continued saying that ‘he’s a great 1 cut zone runner and that from under center, he’s the best back we have and it’s not even close. If you want to create run action pass give McKissick 12 carries a game where he is running zone.

He thinks McKissick is a really special player and currently the best back on the team.

He further explained that right now we are basicLly ‘zone type team that complements with gap plays, (and Gibson fills the gap role in essence) but McKissick should fill the zone gap role MORE - That he’s more elusive, quicker, and has better vision RIGHT NOW.

None of this was taking away from Gibson (12 carries, 125 yards in the Boys game) - he loves him too, particularly the power in his play, just we should use McKissick more

TLDR
Gibson, mostly playing ‘a gap back role’ currently and getting better and better

While Cooley loves both, He thinks McKissick is currently the best back on the roster and should get more carries. That the team should SPLIT carries for both backs more evenly to keep opposing Defenses honest.

Thoughts?
One of the things you want to do as a coach is to be as transparent as possible. Joe Gibbs was famous for this. Show you something or use movement to confuse the D. The Redskins should be that way now and forever IMO. You don't want to give tells like McKissic is in or Gibson is in so they are likely to run this or that. This includes changing formations so the D doesn't get a good read on what is coming. Clearly the 40+ yard run with AG in the bunch formation the running a jet sweep caught the Dallas D flat footed.

Other side of the coin, is Lombardi. This is what we are going to run and we are going to run it perfectly. Here it is .... stop it! I think those days are largely gone.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things you want to do as a coach is to be as transparent as possible. Joe Gibbs was famous for this. Show you something or use movement to confuse the D. The Redskins should be that way now and forever IMO. You don't want to give tells like McKissic is in or Gibson is in so they are likely to run this or that. This includes changing formations so the D doesn't get a good read on what is coming. Clearly the 40+ yard run with AG in the bunch formation the running a jet sweep caught the Dallas D flat footed.

Other side of the coin, is Lombardi. This is what we are going to run and we are going to run it perfectly. Here it is .... stop it! I think those days are largely gone.
I still trying to understand the terminology being used here...lol and the difference between a 1 cut zone and ‘gap style back :pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TLDR

Thoughts?

I disagree with Cooley. JDM is what he is. Seattle didn’t want him and he came here. Now he is here and this coaching staff apparently disagrees with Cooley as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TLDR

Thoughts?
i think Cooley has a point (and dean did to ) about JD

. AG is getting by on athletic talent alone at this point . just think of what he can be with an off season and some time to learn the nuances of the position

giving JD more carries would be excellent because it helps allen be a game manager instead of having to carry the offense and JD does have explosion and versatility

whether he is best , i am not sure nor will i confirm or deny , but i think he needs more carries

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still trying to understand the terminology being used here...lol and the difference between a 1 cut zone and ‘gap style back :pound:
In a Gap system you run to a certain hole or start there, often the back cuts to avoid the flow of the defense.

Zone the OLine moves in unison back follows behind and makes ONE cut when he sees a hole open.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Gap system you run to a certain hole or start there, often the back cuts to avoid the flow of the defense.

Zone the OLine moves in unison back follows behind and makes ONE cut when he sees a hole open.
You explain things so clearly and simply. Thanks Sportster!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think fairly we are middle of the pack which is a good leap from last year but trending higher

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Cooley has a point (and dean did to ) about JD

. AG is getting by on athletic talent alone at this point . just think of what he can be with an off season and some time to learn the nuances of the position

giving JD more carries would be excellent because it helps allen be a game manager instead of having to carry the offense and JD does have explosion and versatility

whether he is best , i am not sure nor will i confirm or deny , but i think he needs more carries

Gibson is always breaking tackles and is a load to bring down. JD is more of a third down back but has the quickness to take carries. I like how they are used but I think they should be more plays for JD in the passing game. No LB can cover him and JD should get 5 or 6 targets a game. I like it when both Gibson and JD are on the field at the same time. JD is the best all around back on the team. I still cant get over why RR didnt give the ball to Gibson on 4 and inches from the goaline.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinsdad62

Hey dad. I messed up and posted in the wrong thread. If possible can you take the post I just posted, #38 and move it to the thread @Stymietee started about firing RR and hiring an up n coming young HC.

Thanks in advance even if you can't do it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinsdad62

Hey dad. I messed up and posted in the wrong thread. If possible can you take the post I just posted, #38 and move it to the thread @Stymietee started about firing RR and hiring an up n coming young HC.

Thanks in advance even if you can't do it.
Done