• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But LeBron James is the best player in the world

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem was a pleasure to watch. His footwork was amazing. Definitely the example of a lone superstar leading role players to a title. Some very good role players mind you.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem was a pleasure to watch. His footwork was amazing. Definitely the example of a lone superstar leading role players to a title. Some very good role players mind you.

There is no doubt about that.

I wish I was old enough to watch and comprehend those titles.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1993-94 Houston Rockets Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Click link. Look at roster. No Clyde. Now unless you think Otis Thorpe was some kind of star, my point remains...

Fair enough. But that Knicks roster was no very good. Ewing was aging and 31 and he was their best player. That roster was absolute shit compared to this deep GS roster. That being said Hakeem is probably the only one to pull this kinda thing off. He is underrated IMO

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people refer to LeBron James as the best player in the world? Can someone define that for me? Even when Michael Jordan was playing, it was the Championships that separated him from players like Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton, Hakeem Olajuwon, etc. The NBA had many of its greatest players ever playing during Jordan's time. It is the championships that were won by the Bulls that has Jordan at the status of greatest ever. LeBron James is a Ray Allen jump shot away from having only one title. He is starting to look more like Scottie Pippen status than anything else. Scottie Pippen went to the Portland Trail Blazers who had Damon Stoudemire, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Shrempf, Arvidas Sabonis, Rasheed Wallace, ect, and the Trail Blazers won nothing. Hell that team was so good that Jermaine O'Neal could not even get off of the bench during garbage time. @SJ76 Knock it off with the Pippen was so great nonsense. Like LeBron, he was a good player but not one at the level that he was and has been elevated to. Sounds a lot like LeBron James to me.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people refer to LeBron James as the best player in the world? Can someone define that for me? Even when Michael Jordan was playing, it was the Championships that separated him from players like Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton, Hakeem Olajuwon, etc. The NBA had many of its greatest players ever playing during Jordan's time. It is the championships that were won by the Bulls that has Jordan at the status of greatest ever. LeBron James is a Ray Allen jump shot away from having only one title. He is starting to look more like Scottie Pippen status than anything else. Scottie Pippen went to the Portland Trail Blazers who had Damon Stoudemire, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Shrempf, Arvidas Sabonis, Rasheed Wallace, ect, and the Trail Blazers won nothing. Hell that team was so good that Jermaine O'Neal could not even get off of the bench during garbage time. @SJ76 Knock it off with the Pippen was so great nonsense. Like LeBron, he was a good player but not one at the level that he was and has been elevated to. Sounds a lot like LeBron James to me.

I agree that Jordan's era was loaded. But Pippen at his peak was a really good offensive player and was always a great defender/rebounder at SF and pretty dam good ball handler/passer as well. Shawn Kemp & Pippen were getting older as Blazers and the team was pretty deep, but do you know why the Blazers didn't win a title? Try Shaq and Kobe. AND the Blazers took the Lakers 7 games in the Western Conf Finals in 2000 AND had a 15 point lead in the 4th Q before Shaq and Kobe and Co came back to win the game. So it's not like the Blazers didn't do shit even though Pipp was aging.

Hell Pipp with no MJ took the Knicks to 7 games in the ECF and got robbed of a call in game 3/4. Knicks took Houston to 7 games and lost in the Finals.

He's got 8 all-nba 1st team defense titles. Only 5 guys have 9. WHO? Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, The Glove and KG. In the history of the NBA. :L Voted on by his peers btw, just like the 50 greatest players ever. So if what you say is true: The NBA had many of it's greatest players ever playing during Jordan's time...

And the players vote on this shit.. Well, I'm going to have to agree with them.

As far as Lebron and Pippen being the same? I'll give the edge to Lebron because he is more of pure scorer, but he's taken a boatload more shots that Pipp did per game/year. But as far as complete/all-around player. I'll take either and go to war.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nutswing:
The way I figure it, they get caught up in the guy's looks, then they watch him play and he is really is athletic and has a good game, so they get get caught up in and the next thing you know they are swinging on his nuts