• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But LeBron James is the best player in the world

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess LeBron isn't the Logo.

I don't even know what that means.

Also, I'm not making a case that LeBron should have won the MVP. In fact, I think it makes sense for it to go to a player on the winning team. That said, it's inaccurate to say that the MVP award is only for players from the winning team as there is a historical precedent that directly contradicts it.

I'm just having fun.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a complete misconception. Its easy to assume that the MVP should go to someone on the winning team,

There are some people who use that exact logic. It's sort of an after-the-fact pronouncement: The MVP's team would not have won the series if not for the contributions of the MVP. A bit circular, but hard to argue with in hindsight.

No doubt in my mind that LeBron was the best player on the court for the Cavaliers. Some doubt exists that he was the best player out of any given ten who were on the floor at any given point in the series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Finals and proud of this team. Just got some unlucky breaks.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what that means.

Also, I'm not making a case that LeBron should have won the MVP. In fact, I think it makes sense for it to go to a player on the winning team. That said, it's inaccurate to say that the MVP award is only for players from the winning team as there is a historical precedent that directly contradicts it.

I'm just having fun.

Jerry west was the last player from a losing finals team to be named MVP.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the best player in the world right now. If he would have won the MVP award last night, I wouldn't have had an argument against it.

I look forward to the Warriors and Cavs meeting again next year. No matter what, it'll be great basketball.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I meant with the Logo comment.

I like it coming from the winning team. LeBron certainly was the best player in the series.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the best player in the world right now. If he would have won the MVP award last night, I wouldn't have had an argument against it.

I look forward to the Warriors and Cavs meeting again next year. No matter what, it'll be great basketball.

Congrats on the championship. Warriors now belong on a prestigious list of all-time great teams. They had a fantastic year and obviously a promising future.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're confusing "Best player" with "Most valuable player". There's a big difference.

Agreed. They could have lost without him. Plus at the end of the day I don't think players want the finals MVP when they lose. Now you get to be interviewed even more about the loss.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he lost something like 11 of 12 finals

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Kyrie being fragile I'm not sure how much of a team they'll be able to put around LeBron. Kyrie never seems to stay healthy for long

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he lost something like 11 of 12 finals

With some good players along side him. Elgin Baylor and Wilt for two.

Celtics then Knicks put some hurt on those Lakers. Think he was 1-7 against them in Finals.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case, no there isn't. There's no doubt LeBron was the most valuable player on the court. He averaged a triple double and was the only scoring threat Cleveland had...hell, he's the only reason they won the games they did. He was absolutely deserving of the MVP award.

That said, if they had to give it to someone on the winning team, I'm glad AI got it. He was the difference maker in the series for golden state.

^^^THIS^^^

The problem, imo, is with how the award is voted on. It's not really a most valuable player award. It's given to the player who plays best on the winning team.

If you want to look at it from a "value" perspective. Take these 2 teams with the rosters they ended up with in these finals.

Then, remove Lebron from the Cavs. We are looking at the biggest blowout in finals history. I'm still amazed that the Cavs won 2 games and that after 3 games we were talking about the Cavs possibly winning the series. Never seen anything like what Lebron did.

Now, leave Lebron on the Cavs and remove Curry or Iggy (since he was the MVP) and the Warriors still have a solid shot in the series. Especially if it's Iggy that's removed from the lineup.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, in a way, giving Lebron the MVP would have shown once and for all that basketball is truly a team sport.

The Cavs had by far the best player on the court and he literally put up historic numbers trying to win the series. It was arguably the greatest finals performance by anyone ever. Yet, the best team still won.