• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But LeBron James is the best player in the world

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is a troll thread or if maybe you didn't watch the series or the entire playoffs at all. LeBron was an absolute beast the entire time. He is the only reason Cleveland was even there. He was without a doubt the MVP of the Finals, but the writers are too chicken shit to give it to a guy on the losing team.

You're confusing "Best player" with "Most valuable player". There's a big difference.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on???!!!!???!!!??!

th

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're confusing "Best player" with "Most valuable player". There's a big difference.

In this case, no there isn't. There's no doubt LeBron was the most valuable player on the court. He averaged a triple double and was the only scoring threat Cleveland had...hell, he's the only reason they won the games they did. He was absolutely deserving of the MVP award.

That said, if they had to give it to someone on the winning team, I'm glad AI got it. He was the difference maker in the series for golden state.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case, no there isn't. There's no doubt LeBron was the most valuable player on the court. He averaged a triple double and was the only scoring threat Cleveland had...hell, he's the only reason they won the games they did. He was absolutely deserving of the MVP award.

That said, if they had to give it to someone on the winning team, I'm glad AI got it. He was the difference maker in the series for golden state.

And that's why he wins MVP

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why he wins MVP

MVP is Most Valuable Player. There isn't even an argument to be had. LeBron is the most valuable player on the court. The team around him was horrid and the better team won in the end, but that doesn't change the fact that LeBron was the most valuable. Take him off Cleveland and they are probably a lottery team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is my opinion on him not being All time great is more clear now and really isn't an argument anymore. He has a lot of work to do to get into my Top top. He is right on the out side. I don't blame him for this Loss but he really struggled in this series shooting in all aspects of the game(FG%,3pt%,FT%) and he didn't play great D. yes he scored a lot but lets be honest when you shoot that much most players would put up those numbers. He shot the most ever in the NBA Finals and also missed the most.

LBJ is a great player and will be an ALL time great but I don't see him getting over that hump. 2-4 in finals wont help him in this Era of basketball. No Clutch shots yet to win in the Finals. He just doesn't have that WOW moment. He has plenty of time but would at least have to win 2 in a row and maybe even 3 to match some of the other Legends.

:L

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP is Most Valuable Player. There isn't even an argument to be had. LeBron is the most valuable player on the court. The team around him was horrid and the better team won in the end, but that doesn't change the fact that LeBron was the most valuable. Take him off Cleveland and they are probably a lottery team.

I completely agree.

But Most Valuable Player is for the guy that makes a difference to the team who wins the title.

Key word is "Valuable". You're hardly of value if you lose!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[When you wish...upon a star...]
Announcer's Voice: "Steph Curry, you've just beaten the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD! What are you going to do now?"
[makes no difference...who you are!]
Curry: "Eh. Think I'll go get an In-n-Out burger..."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree.

But Most Valuable Player is for the guy that makes a difference to the team who wins the title.

Tell that to Jerry West.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree.

I think that's a complete misconception. Its easy to assume that the MVP should go to someone on the winning team, and in this case I'm not at all upset at the committee for giving it to AI. But if we break it down, there's no question LeBron was the most valuable person on the court night in and night out during the Finals. It would have been remarkable to give it to him considering they lost...maybe he would have had a better shot if it went to 7 games and the final game was close.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a complete misconception. Its easy to assume that the MVP should go to someone on the winning team, and in this case I'm not at all upset at the committee for giving it to AI. But if we break it down, there's no question LeBron was the most valuable person on the court night in and night out during the Finals. It would have been remarkable to give it to him considering they lost...maybe he would have had a better shot if it went to 7 games and the final game was close.

Going to have to agree to disagree.

I agree he's the BEST player on the court
but not the most valuable.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no question that LeBron was the best player in the Finals. I prefer that MVP goes to the best player on the winning team too.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah right, so the NBA was the same 45 years ago?

I don't give a shit. You said the Most Valuable Player is for the guy that makes a difference to the team who wins the title.

I simply pointed out that you were wrong. That's all.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to have to agree to disagree.

I agree he's the BEST player on the court
but not the most valuable.

To me, in a series, the best player on the court is the same thing. Maybe we are picking nits here.

Also, he was the first person to lead the Finals in scoring, assists, and rebounding and damn near averaged a triple-double with roughly 36, 13, & 9. Those are incredible numbers.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that LeBron was the best player in the Finals. I prefer that MVP goes to the best player on the winning team too.

I have no problem with that either. Reward winning and give it to someone on the winning side.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no argument for anyone other than LeBron winning the Finals MVP except... "It should go to a player on the winning team so winning is rewarded".

And its a pretty good argument. But there is no valid argument from the best player/most valuable player/best finals performance, best numbers, etc... side of things, IMO.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The NBA Finals MVP is only for players on the winning team except for when it isn't."