• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But LeBron James is the best player in the world

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best, it's just the team around him had injury concerns during the final and that could be why they didn't win the title.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey, Baseball, Soccer, Football are all more team oriented than Basketball.

Agree but still doesn't mean my statement is not true. What superstar ever did it alone in basketball? It is a team sport and you don't win in this league with 1 top player and a bunch of role players.

These are facts

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but still doesn't mean my statement is not true. What superstar ever did it alone in basketball? It is a team sport and you don't win in this league with 1 top player and a bunch of role players.

These are facts

2240-3Bk.jpg

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook basically did this every game after Durant was injured. Lebron is a fucking joke.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d have 60...70,” LeBron said, per ESPN's Tom Haberstroh.

Reporters laughed, but LeBron wasn't kidding.

"I had [almost] 40 now with 18 shots, I mean.... If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d put up 60," he explained. "Easy."

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was the MOP(most outstanding player), not the MVP.

The MVP is how your team would do without you AND, what value you had in your team success. People like to only focus on what Lebron's team would look like if he wasn't there, but don't know for sure that his value could've been enough to win. It's all speculation.

What we do know, is that Iggy's value was good enough to be successful.

If we are going to change the rules for Lebron, then we should go back in history and reward the players that have the same argument as Lebron.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs, 2014 Lebron - 57% FG. 2015 Lebron - 42% FG

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If baseball were truly a 1 v 1 sport then there'd be a single pitcher and a single batter for the entire game and any ball hit in play would be a hit or homerun. When an outfielder steals a homerun away from the other team, the pitcher gets bailed out by his team. When a great batter is next in the order behind a mediocre batter, the mediocre batter is given protection since the pitcher would prefer to get him out and throw strikes in order to avoid the great batter from having an AB with a runner on or in scoring position. The hit and run also involes more than just one player and stopping a player from stealing a base involves the pitcher being in sync with the infield. The catcher is arguably just as important as the pitcher, he's the one who has to handle any wild throws the pitcher makes and strategizes the best ways to get batters out.

The fact of the matter is that star power goes further in the NBA than any other sport. Baseball players play 162 games with 25 players on the roster, how many players are in an NBA roster who actually play? 8-10 at the most? Then when September rolls around teams actually have 40 players on a roster, not to mention 9 players on the field as well as the lineup while the NBA has 5 players on the court, almost double, and the NBA is more of a team sport?

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is more of a team sport than Basketball?

Baseball is a 1-on-1 sport.
Barry Bonds and his big head had probably the best 4 year stretch of any player in the history of the sport and didnt win a single championship because you can pitch around guys.

Something the Cardinals should've learned with Ortiz a couple of years ago but I digress. Baseball is absolutely a team sport but like hockey, its a bit prone to have one player take over if they get hot.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If baseball were truly a 1 v 1 sport then there'd be a single pitcher and a single batter for the entire game and any ball hit in play would be a hit or homerun. When an outfielder steals a homerun away from the other team, the pitcher gets bailed out by his team. When a great batter is next in the order behind a mediocre batter, the mediocre batter is given protection since the pitcher would prefer to get him out and throw strikes in order to avoid the great batter from having an AB with a runner on or in scoring position. The hit and run also involes more than just one player and stopping a player from stealing a base involves the pitcher being in sync with the infield. The catcher is arguably just as important as the pitcher, he's the one who has to handle any wild throws the pitcher makes and strategizes the best ways to get batters out.

The fact of the matter is that star power goes further in the NBA than any other sport. Baseball players play 162 games with 25 players on the roster, how many players are in an NBA roster who actually play? 8-10 at the most? Then when September rolls around teams actually have 40 players on a roster, not to mention 9 players on the field as well as the lineup while the NBA has 5 players on the court, almost double, and the NBA is more of a team sport?

Barry Bonds and his big head had probably the best 4 year stretch of any player in the history of the sport and didnt win a single championship because you can pitch around guys.

Something the Cardinals should've learned with Ortiz a couple of years ago but I digress. Baseball is absolutely a team sport but like hockey, its a bit prone to have one player take over if they get hot.

Ok, I get what you guys are saying... we're talking about two different things.

If we're defining "team sport" as one in which an individual player doesn't impact the success of the team as much... then I completely agree.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Dodgers fan, I'd like to say "Fuck the Cardinals."

That is all. :lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason #796 to hate Lebron

* eventhough I don't*

Seriously, this guy and his Minions have way to much power.

The NBA issued a memo to all teams in November that the National Basketball Players Association has officially taken the position that the well-worn "we'll match any offer" reflex strategy and its corresponding intent to discourage interest in a particular RFA is a circumvention of the salary cap.

While the NBA itself doesn't agree with the NBPA's view, league officials see enough potential merit in the union's stance to advise those who persist with match-any-offer chatter that they could be opening themselves up to legal action.

Sources say that agents Rich Paul and Mark Termini of Klutch Sports urged the NBPA to challenge the way teams have historically dropped loud hints about their matching plans in an attempt to chill the market for restricted free agents. Tristan Thompson is represented by Paul and Termini and will be a restricted free agent.

Bob Myers was recently asked about the impending restricted free agency of Draymond Green.

"I can't comment, per league rules, on that specific question," Myers said when pressed about Green.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In the playoffs, 2014 Lebron - 57% FG. 2015 Lebron - 42% FG

Yep...he was more like Melo and Kobe in terms of hoisting shots....Take away the one game he shoot 44% and the man shot under 40% while shootin over 30 shots per game.