• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Busted Athletes Are 0% Believeable (Mathis)

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yesterday's news. Seahawks fans couldn't care less. I found it funny that 49ers fans thought this would get Seahawks fans wound up. Seriously you want to start talking shit lets start with one of your best players having a court date to deal with shooting off a weapon to break up his party, driving to work black out drunk and driving into a tree and having pot in his vehicle. Let's talk about a player who does a hit and run, then threatens eye witnesses with brace knuckles. I could go on if you like.

Whoa there. I was only addressing Jakedog. I am 100% against what Culliver did. And I will be the first one to admit that Aldon Smith is an idiot. But get your facts right at least. He and his guns were not involved in that shooting.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer down there, Harold. Those of you guys that aren't upset about the thread haven't responded to it. It's the offseason, we need something to talk about.

I was really hoping no Seahawk fan would even respond to a thread trying drag up yesterdays news, but I was overly optimistic, someone always responds.

Mostly I was surprised that a 49er fan would want a shit stirring competition going on, given all the bad off season news going on with the 49ers, but hey if that what it takes to liven up the off season Seahawks fans are ready and able to do their part.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping no Seahawk fan would even respond to a thread trying drag up yesterdays news, but I was overly optimistic, someone always responds.

Mostly I was surprised that a 49er fan would want a shit stirring competition going on, given all the bad off season news going on with the 49ers, but hey if that what it takes to liven up the off season Seahawks fans are ready and able to do their part.

I'd we had won our 6th Super Bowl (you know what I mean, the 49ers but I say we) instead of you guys winning your 1st...you guys couldn't tell me shit. I wouldn't give a damn what shit you guys talked. Enjoy it while you have it because it doesn't last. :suds:

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the niner fans need to worry more about their own QB than anything else. And both the hawks and niners need to worry about the cards and rams.
I just can't come up with any sports hate in the off season. Starting a thread about Mathis to trash the hawks. I know we can do better than that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa there. I was only addressing Jakedog. I am 100% against what Culliver did. And I will be the first one to admit that Aldon Smith is an idiot. But get your facts right at least. He and his guns were not involved in that shooting.

We all know about the Seahawks trouble with PEDs, most have paid their price and are not even current Seahawks players. As for Sherman...he got off on a technical, but that was a while back and if he found guilty he would have served his suspension long ago. Happy to say that of late there is no news of any Seahawk player doing a wrong, not the case with 49ers players this off season. Shit happens, why bring up some thing that happen a couple of years ago when you know it will only bring up what happen with your team this off season?

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the intent of the thread was to stir shit. He just took a little shot at the end.
I think his point was its kinda hard to believe someone that has obviously popped more then once, so the i forgot to report my drug to the league excuse stinks. The adderall, and weed excuse kinda sucks as well, it very well could be true but eh.
The cup switch excuse sucks too. :nod: , but at least its valid, a rule was broken.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No one is stirring up anything besides you. Sickness was making a statement about the NFL drug tests and I was responding to Jakedog. Start another thread if you want to talk about all the legal transgressions involving the Niners. You might be surprised, but I'm on the same page as you are about all the stupid shit certain Niners players have done recently.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the niner fans need to worry more about their own QB than anything else. And both the hawks and niners need to worry about the cards and rams.
I just can't come up with any sports hate in the off season. Starting a thread about Mathis to trash the hawks. I know we can do better than that.

I think he was just upset at the Mathis deal and it invariable rekindled memories of Seahawk cheaters. Probably not what his initial intent was.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is stirring up anything besides you. Sickness was making a statement about the NFL drug tests and I was responding to Jakedog. Start another thread if you want to talk about all the legal transgressions involving the Niners. You might be surprised, but I'm on the same page as you are about all the stupid shit certain Niners players have done recently.

Mmmm.....perhaps I just took NinerSickness last sentence the wrong way. How about we call a truce? For the time being a of course, expect the usual when the season starts.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really boring off season. The NBA has plenty to talk crap about. The NFL media is in desperation mode for stories. Maybe the Niner and Hawk fans should start early with the fly overs and the bill boards. Give them something to talk about.

The niner fans could get some boats together and do a blockade around the dock at the hawks training camp. Dumb, but it would make the news.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really boring off season. The NBA has plenty to talk crap about. The NFL media is in desperation mode for stories. Maybe the Niner and Hawk fans should start early with the fly overs and the bill boards. Give them something to talk about.

The niner fans could get some boats together and do a blockade around the dock at the hawks training camp. Dumb, but it would make the news.

That wouldn't be dumb, it would be pathetic. I'd distance from that type a shit.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his point was its kinda hard to believe someone that has obviously popped more then once, so the i forgot to report my drug to the league excuse stinks

Which he was WRONG about.

PED suspensions are immediate, there is no freebie.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you'd show up eventually. Weren't you the guy that thought a mishandling of a positive test meant your boy Sherman was innocent? LOL

Just curious, but do you think a positive result from a contaminated test is a confirmation of guilt?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the intent of the thread was to stir shit. He just took a little shot at the end.
I think his point was its kinda hard to believe someone that has obviously popped more then once, so the i forgot to report my drug to the league excuse stinks. The adderall, and weed excuse kinda sucks as well, it very well could be true but eh.
The cup switch excuse sucks too. :nod: , but at least its valid, a rule was broken.

Of course the point of the thread was to stir up shit. I find it funny as hell. While the threads picking on the SC 49'ers are current events the OP chose a slam on things that happened two years ago. :laugh3: How can you not find that funny?

I mean in the last sentence he says they are all cheaters. So he starts by saying you can't trust what they say they took and then ends on an assumption that they had to have taken something that made them cheaters. How is that not an attempt to stir up shit? :whistle:

There wasn't a single thing said that wasn't already know and already discussed many times over the last two years. It just wasn't the best trolling thread we have seen offered up by a SC 49 fan.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So any of this was news to you? How is anything of this threadworthy? I mean everyone knows the policy. It's be talked about endlessly. Anyone who isn't a total fucking noob knows whatever the players say they got busted for is just their word and doesn't mean anything.

I guess you felt the need to make this because you are tired of all the negative off season attention to the Santa Clara 9'ers? So much so that you now had to dig up old news to try and troll the board? :lol:

SC 49'ers might have a new home, but it's the same old fans. :laugh3:

Wiz, people really don't know the policy. And people on the radio talking about him are circling the wagons as usual as if THEY don't know the policy. People who do this for a living are either sweeping the policy under the rug or are so ignorant of their own profession it baffles the mind how they're covering it for a living.

The negative attention the 49ers have gotten is completely justified, and I don't care how much attention those stories get. They brought it on themselves. This thread has nothing to do with that.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Mathis' story is completely believable.
And I believe that he should still be suspended.
The policy is abundantly clear, even to those that aren't taking part in it: you need to have your team doctors approve any drugs or supplements that you plan to take.
If he's too stupid to follow those directions, he probably needs the suspension to learn the lesson.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I actually think Mathis' story is completely believable.

That's just the problem: all it is is a believable story. There's nothing anyone can do to challenge, refute or test that story in the slightest way. That's why it's not credible. That's the logical equivalent of the proceeding murder trial.

Prosecutor: "Sir, did you kill the victim."
Defendant: "No."
Prosecutor: "Well shit; that's all I've got."
Judge: "Case dismissed."

And I don't think it's believable at all. An 11-year vet' just happens to forget to call the hotline when he's prescribed a medication? It's not 10,000 times more likely he was cycling off some PEDs and mis-timed it? I think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the problem: all it is is a believable story. There's nothing anyone can do to challenge, refute or test that story in the slightest way. That's why it's not credible. That's the logical equivalent of the proceeding murder trial.

Prosecutor: "Sir, did you kill the victim."
Defendant: "No."
Prosecutor: "Well shit; that's all I've got."
Judge: "Case dismissed."

And I don't think it's believable at all. An 11-year vet' just happens to forget to call the hotline when he's prescribed a medication? It's not 10,000 times more likely he was cycling off some PEDs and mis-timed it? I think so.

Why should they? It's not like he's getting away with anything. What he says now really doesn't matter to the NFL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, people really don't know the policy. And people on the radio talking about him are circling the wagons as usual as if THEY don't know the policy. People who do this for a living are either sweeping the policy under the rug or are so ignorant of their own profession it baffles the mind how they're covering it for a living.

The negative attention the 49ers have gotten is completely justified, and I don't care how much attention those stories get. They brought it on themselves. This thread has nothing to do with that.

You were the one that lumped Sherman and 'the 5 other Seahawks' into this. That :deadhorse: is what my response was to. We hashed out all of what you posted many, many, many, many times. They say it was adderall and we all know it could have been something much worse. It also could have been anything else. I just find irony then when you say we can't know what they actually took, but tell us they are ALL cheats. :L Either we don't know, or we do. Which is it? :laugh3:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You were the one that lumped Sherman and 'the 5 other Seahawks' into this. That :deadhorse: is what my response was to. We hashed out all of what you posted many, many, many, many times. They say it was adderall and we all know it could have been something much worse. It also could have been anything else. I just find irony then when you say we can't know what they actually took, but tell us they are ALL cheats. :L Either we don't know, or we do. Which is it? :laugh3:

What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter what they say. Their statements are completely irrelevant because they can't be verified or refuted. So when they have a positive substance policy violation, I'm going under the assumption it was intentional cheating. Is there an infinitesimal chance their ludicrous stories are true? Sure. There's also a chance the 911 terrorists were actually in a fraternity and they were just trying to buzz the towers while mooning them as a prank. That doesn't mean it's an explanation even worth considering (just like the BS athletes spout).

Athletes will lie to your face their ENTIRE lives until they're caught. That's just how they are. If you're willing to take a banned substance, you're willing to lie about it pathologically.