• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Bunch of Jerks vs a Bunch of Boston Jerks - Eastern Conference final

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McElhinney has a surprisingly good record against Boston.

Jerks in 6.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drop this here since it is more relevant in this series.

My prediction: "no supplemental discipline". Factors include no injury caused and lack of history

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jerks from the State with the nastiest, crappiest barbecue going.

Hmmm

Don Cherry's jerks??

Still vague

The Jerks in the red jerseys.

There, that should do it

Oh and KK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunkin
I can deal with a lot of trash talking, but you sir, have gone too far. It is an undisputed scientific fact that the SC mustard-based crap is the worst BBQ.

And I'm afraid I can only give half credit on the KK v. DD debate. KK has better donuts, hands down, but DD has better coffee.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can deal with a lot of trash talking, but you sir, have gone too far. It is an undisputed scientific fact that the SC mustard-based crap is the worst BBQ.

And I'm afraid I can only give half credit on the KK v. DD debate. KK has better donuts, hands down, but DD has better coffee.
Since coffee sucks, KK>DD

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO. Two of the big keys is Can Boston "Smack" Carolina around to combat the Quickness and if so, How will Carolina respond

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My reference is to the North Carolina, pickle the meat in vinegar, abomination.

As for the coffee, I have tried both, once. Never again.

Since coffee sucks, KK>DD
Can we get an admin in here to ban this guy?

:10:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reference is to the North Carolina, pickle the meat in vinegar, abomination.

As for the coffee, I have tried both, once. Never again.

:10:
I'm guessing you're referring to the Eastern NC style. You'd be surprised how passionate people around here can be about whether Eastern NC (almost entirely vinegar) or Western/Lexington BBQ (vinegar and tomato base) is the superior BBQ.

Those who think Eastern NC is better are wrong, but they're at least passionately wrong.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and KK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunkin

ClassicCapitalKestrel-small.gif

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is true. Mustard is an abomination, and should be outlawed.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you're referring to the Eastern NC style. You'd be surprised how passionate people around here can be about whether Eastern NC (almost entirely vinegar) or Western/Lexington BBQ (vinegar and tomato base) is the superior BBQ.

Of those two abominations, I like the Lex version better, but I still rank both of them well below Mustard, Memphis, Kansas City, Texas, and Rhode Island styles

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT the FUQUE

I will pipe-bomb you with a jar of Maurice Bessinger's Piggie Park
I've never had Maurice's specifically. I'm not generally one to mix my politics with my food, but I refused to support him when he was alive.

In fairness to his kids who have taken over the business following his death, they have distanced themselves from their Dad's reprehensible racism, but I'm not going out of my way just the same.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had Maurice's specifically. I'm not generally one to mix my politics with my food, but I refused to support him when he was alive.

In fairness to his kids who have taken over the business following his death, they have distanced themselves from their Dad's reprehensible racism, but I'm not going out of my way just the same.

Yeah, I hear ya...it got hard to support him after I grew up and started learning about his political ideas. Good for his kids, they seem to get it.