• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Bunch of Jerks vs a Bunch of Boston Jerks - Eastern Conference final

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovechkin touched it last year (according to the announcers) and WAS wasn't jinxed. At all.

So I'm failing to see how not touching the conference trophy brings you better luck than actually touching it. Especially considering someone has to lose the Finals.
Ovechkin was the only one who touched it. Also, he's a living god, and that sort of magical power transcends all the jinx-y bad juju luck problems normally associated with it.
Once again, what "power" can you derive from not touching the trophy if someone's guaranteed to lose the Finals?
Hockey players are the most superstitious of all pro athletes, with the exception of baseball players. Motivation is tied to confidence, and confidence to perceived knowledge about the universe- including imagined curses from premature trophy-touching.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovechkin was the only one who touched it. Also, he's a living god, and that sort of magical power transcends all the jinx-y bad juju luck problems normally associated with it.

Hockey players are the most superstitious of all pro athletes, with the exception of baseball players. Motivation is tied to confidence, and confidence to perceived knowledge about the universe- including imagined curses from premature trophy-touching.

Yeah that didn't really answer my question.

The answer, of course, is no power is derived from refusing to touch the conference trophy. WAS proved it last year that touching the trophy isn't a gurantee that you'll lose and every team who refused to touch the trophy and lost (I presume Vegas pulled the no touch act), proved the opposite as well.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that didn't really answer my question.

The answer, of course, is no power is derived from refusing to touch the conference trophy. WAS proved it last year that touching the trophy isn't a gurantee that you'll lose and every team who refused to touch the trophy and lost (I presume Vegas pulled the no touch act), proved the opposite as well.
Again, it’s a silly superstition, but also one that builds confidence.

And Vegas did touch the cup:
vegas-Terrence-Lee-USA-TODAY-Sports.jpg

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of jerks. Could have at least won one.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the rest serves our boys well.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that always pisses me off about these 10 second clips that pick up in the middle of an altercation are that we have no idea what led up to them.

Maybe the lady was just a bitch. Or maybe the Bruins fans were being obnoxious shits the whole game (a Boston fan??? never...) and she lost it.

I don't ever condone violence (I'm a scrawny guy with a low pain threshold), but we don't know what brought us to this point.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that always pisses me off about these 10 second clips that pick up in the middle of an altercation are that we have no idea what led up to them.

Maybe the lady was just a bitch. Or maybe the Bruins fans were being obnoxious shits the whole game (a Boston fan??? never...) and she lost it.

I don't ever condone violence (I'm a scrawny guy with a low pain threshold), but we don't know what brought us to this point.
They probably had the gall to cheer for their team....

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are Bruin fans didn't take much for Jeff Jarrett to get pissed off.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm guessing the guy taking the video was donning a B's jersey.

Never mind, listened to the audio second play through. HAHA