• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Building the SportsHoopla Schedule: Week 2

Who Do You Want to Face Week 2?

• Arizona at Home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Louis at Home

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Seattle at Home

• Kansas City at Home

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Chicago at Home

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • San Diego at Home

• Philadelphia at Home

• Washington at Home

• Denver on the Road

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • St. Louis on the Road

• Arizona on the Road

• Dallas, Giants, Raiders, or Saints on the Road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is set to release the 2014 Season Schedule on April 17th.

In our previous poll of the 2014 Season Opener, we selected the NFCC rematch as our opening game.

Seattle on the Road - 9 Votes
Kansas City at Home - 6 Votes
Arizona at Home - 2 Votes
Chicago at Home - 1 Vote
Dallas, Giants, Raiders, or Saints on the Road - 3 Combined Votes

Assuming we open up on Thursday, September 4 against Seattle, who do you want to face on Sunday, September 14th?

Considerations: Kicking off the new stadium, potential 0-1 start might need a gimme to avoid 0-2 start, 10 day between games may incentivize a harder game or East Coast game now, etc.

Again, not a guess what it will be, what you want it to be.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wouldn't be possible to face Seattle at home after facing them in Week 1. Also, the Raiders isn't much of a road game. It should be a separate option.

That being said. I would want to go to Denver. Spend some extra time there and get acclimated to the high altitude.

My 2nd choice would be NO on the road. I basically want to play the hardest remaining opponent on the road in Week 2.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be possible to face Seattle at home after facing them in Week 1. Also, the Raiders isn't much of a road game. It should be a separate option.

That being said. I would want to go to Denver. Spend some extra time there and get acclimated to the high altitude.

My 2nd choice would be NO on the road. I basically want to play the hardest remaining opponent on the road in Week 2.

I wish we could have had 15 options, but 12 is the limit. I thought about splitting up the last option because there were 3 votes there but no votes on some that were given their own option. I would have removed Seattle at home but wanted to give an option for all home games and all road division games, trusting that people wouldn't choose that in the majority. Given the chance of trolls now choosing that option, if it happens, I'll remove those votes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote az.... Kc with Alex is a story in its own thus I wouldn't think they'll combine both Alex n new stadium

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked the wrong button. I wanted to pick ST. Louis on the road. That is going to be the next hardest road game (fuck Denver and NO) so get it out of the way.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked the wrong button. I wanted to pick ST. Louis on the road. That is going to be the next hardest road game (fuck Denver and NO) so get it out of the way.

What did you select instead? I haven't voted yet and if you selected my choice, I'll vote St. Louis.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shoot. Totally didn't see that we play the Giants on the road. That's the eastern-most game we have to play. It would be nice to get that out of the way. Oh well, I still stand by my original choice.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be cool to have A. Smith come back home for the 1st game at the new stadium.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be cool to have A. Smith come back home for the 1st game at the new stadium.

Me too, but I feel that like someone told me, they're going to have a story there already. The Philadelphia game? Not so much. (Yes, I know, Chip Kelly.) So that game could be the Kickoff game where people are excited more for the stadium than the game (diehards would like either). The other option is St. Louis, I suppose. I think RGIII has enough left in his media draw that they would promote that, so Washington is not a good choice.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Me too, but I feel that like someone told me, they're going to have a story there already. The Philadelphia game? Not so much. (Yes, I know, Chip Kelly.) So that game could be the Kickoff game where people are excited more for the stadium than the game (diehards would like either). The other option is St. Louis, I suppose. I think RGIII has enough left in his media draw that they would promote that, so Washington is not a good choice.

You're on to something. The NFL wouldn't schedule two division games back to back so early in the season. Philly seems like the best choice.