• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Build a better team from any era of non ring players that beats this current non ring team

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is video game mode and you have no concept of what defense is.

Harden and Westbrook are cancers on a team, but mostly they don’t play good defense when it matters.
We're about to have an excellent experiment to prove if this is correct or not

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is video game mode and you have no concept of what defense is.

Harden and Westbrook are cancers on a team, but mostly they don’t play good defense when it matters.

Why don't you give us a lengthy explanation of what defense is...

You act like you are some great philosopher, explaining what defense is...It's trying to stop the other team from scoring a ball into a hoop lol...Should we examine it on a deeper level?

How else would you do the comparison?...This team would slap the shit out of players from Jordans era that didin't win rings either, that is why you didn't want to participate. Your durr they don't play "defense" was a cry for help...And a desperate grasp...Try using numbers and facts next time.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might consider a prime Arvydas Sabonis as the center. Some of his advanced stats when he was with Portland were outstanding and he was 31 when he joined them.

His NBA career average per36 is 17.8 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.2 spg, and 1.6 bpg covering ages 31-38!

He was far from prime in the NBA though.

Still a good player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You act like you are some great philosopher, explaining what defense is...It's trying to stop the other team from scoring a ball into a hoop lol...Should we examine it on a deeper level?

How else would you do the comparison?...This team would slap the shit out of players from Jordans era that didin't win rings either, that is why you didn't want to participate. Your durr they don't play "defense" was a cry for help...And a desperate grasp...Try using numbers and facts next time.

Basketball is a team game that is about a lot more than numbers. And you fail to comprehend that.

Chemistry, fit and defense matter a lot.

Harden and Westbrook?

Not so sure how that works. I am sure they will win a lot of regular season games, but I have a hard time imagining their respective games fitting together to make each other better.

Guards like Stockton, while not as talented as either, fits with everybody because he is a distributor first and he is a tough defender.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually defense is quite simple. Getting stops. As an individual and as a team.

Phil Jackson the philosopher told me
Lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is a team game that is about a lot more than numbers. And you fail to comprehend that.

Harden and Westbrook?

Not so sure how that works. I am sure they will win a lot of regular season games, but I have a hard time imagining their respective games fitting together to make each other better.

Guards like Stockton, while not as talented as either, fits with everybody because he is a distributor first and he is a tough defender.

Long version here is better
:ninja:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually defense is quite simple. Getting stops. As an individual and as a team.

Phil Jackson the philosopher told me
Lol

NBA now is a lot better offensively, but not really any worse off defensively...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden and Westbrook?

How did i fail to comprehend that...

The playoffs comes down to star power more than fit. My list has the better stars...

The raptors had greath chemistry and fit. No what they didn't have? The star...As soon as they got that they won. Before that they lost. It is the star at the end of the day.

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last but not least, Tpants you have no clue how well my team listed above would fit together or play, that was just your coping mechanism to pretend you were right. The only thing we do know is each individual player i listed is indeed superior in the game of basketball. Owned AF! Holy sheeet!

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw a team together:

Iverson
J. Kidd
Jokic
T-Mac
Bernard King

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was far from prime in the NBA though.

Still a good player.

What's scary is that he put those numbers up when he was old and his knees had turned to paper mache'. If he had played in the NBA in his prime, we might have one more player in the GOAT convo.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna go? lol

Funny... but I cant hang with the stupid you are putting out with some of these posts you’ve made. Plus @tlance is having his way with you so I’m good. I’ll be here for support if you need any or if you take a break from the NBA2k ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did i fail to comprehend that...

The playoffs comes down to star power more than fit. My list has the better stars...

The raptors had greath chemistry and fit. No what they didn't have? The star...As soon as they got that they won. Before that they lost. It is the star at the end of the day.

No.

You need both.

You can’t win without 1 star.

But having 4 that don’t fit isn’t as good as having 2 that do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last but not least, Tpants you have no clue how well my team listed above would fit together or play, that was just your coping mechanism to pretend you were right. The only thing we do know is each individual player i listed is indeed superior in the game of basketball. Owned AF! Holy sheeet!

What I do know is that your team listed above has the two most ball dominant guards in the history of the game, and little shooting off the ball aside from George. Harden is a spectator off the ball and Russ and Giannis can’t shoot.

So I can use common sense to say that those pieces would not fit very well.

Now if it were an actual NBA team?

They would still win because of a massive talent advantage. But I don’t think it is beating another team of stars that do fit well together like the 90s group.

Also, 1 major reason why you can’t do this with current era players is because there is a decent chance at least 1 or 2 of those guys finish with titles. 1 probably gets it this year.