• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffalo at Miami Official Game Thread

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your down by a bunch but why throw it 4 times from the 2.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally run it have first and goal but pass four straight times without rolling out the QB to at least give him the option to run it in. I'm speechless...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole coaches can lose a team is a false narrative created by the media that fans buy into - and sadly, so do players. I get it. You have to place the blame on someone - and I guess since our players are holy human beings , it would be sinful to place blame on them.

Just remember, the players are the ones on the field of play - they are the ones with the ball in hand or on the defensive side trying to stop the other team from moving the ball - the game plan doesn't matter, who the coaches are doesn't matter - if the players aren't getting it done on the field - it means nothing

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Philbin gone after this year?
Despite what Paolo says yes he'll be fired. Players have to play but coaches mean more to their teams than in any other sport and they are underachieving...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I am reading on social media, local beat writers will give the haters in this fan base to continue the negative vibes surrounding the team. Lots of mentions about how this was suppose to be the easy stretch of the schedule - it was only easy on paper - the game is played on the field - nothing is decided till then

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a pretty good article the other day regarding the Dolphins and Joe Philbin. It basically said(and I'm paraphrasing) how all too often, teams take on the 'persona' of their head coach. The Jets, when Rex was there, were some serious trash talking individuals....but they played physical. Very physical, 'in your face' football....just like the persona of their head coach. Kind of like the Bills are playing now. Bill Cowher with the Steelers, Bill Parcels with the Giants, etc etc etc. The Dolphins play just like their head coach. SOFT....always conservative, never taking any chances. Even their 'bend but don't break' pathetic defensive scheme they run is clearly soft. Soft spoken, soft play calling(both sides of the ball), soft pep speeches(cue cards). This team is soft....and personally, I couldn't give a shit if they were winning ballgames and being soft. But they'e not....and something absolutely has to change. I have come to believe Bill Lazors hands are tied(and have been) with the soft plays he calls. Perhaps Coyles are too. It just strikes me as a little too 'convenient' that we have perhaps the softest head coach in all of football, and apparently our coordinators just happen to be soft as well. The players deserve a better voice. Ross deserves a better product. And yes, the fans deserve to be proud again. Finally....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what Paolo says yes he'll be fired. Players have to play but coaches mean more to their teams than in any other sport and they are underachieving...

Despite what I have said? I have not said anything about whether he stays or goes - Just simply that his departure would not automatically fix things- two totally different things that would be easy to understand with even average reading comprehension skills. - it wouldn't suddenly make us playoff/SB contenders - The Dolphins problems are deeper than the HC. They are putting points and yards late in this game - that should be something to build on for next week. Have a good feeling about this team performing, and rallying around each other while on the road - in front of better fans no doubt.

The Fins fall to 0-2 in the 405-425 PM time slot - maybe the earlier starts will help

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a pretty good article the other day regarding the Dolphins and Joe Philbin. It basically said(and I'm paraphrasing) how all too often, teams take on the 'persona' of their head coach. The Jets, when Rex was there, were some serious trash talking individuals....but they played physical. Very physical, 'in your face' football....just like the persona of their head coach. Kind of like the Bills are playing now. Bill Cowher with the Steelers, Bill Parcels with the Giants, etc etc etc. The Dolphins play just like their head coach. SOFT....always conservative, never taking any chances. Even their 'bend but don't break' pathetic defensive scheme they run is clearly soft. Soft spoken, soft play calling(both sides of the ball), soft pep speeches(cue cards). This team is soft....and personally, I couldn't give a shit if they were winning ballgames and being soft. But they'e not....and something absolutely has to change. I have come to believe Bill Lazors hands are tied(and have been) with the soft plays he calls. Perhaps Coyles are too. It just strikes me as a little too 'convenient' that we have perhaps the softest head coach in all of football, and apparently our coordinators just happen to be soft as well. The players deserve a better voice. Ross deserves a better product. And yes, the fans deserve to be proud again. Finally....

Thats nothing more than more false narrative created by the media to have something to write about. Its their job.

The NFL roster is made up of 50+ individuals all very different from one another - all with their own personalities already long established - the same goes for coaches - every coach has their own personality and they each affect their respective teams differently. Pretty sure you can find many personality flaws on some of the coaches whose teams are doing well early on in the season and vise versa.

Remember, writers are paid to write their points of view of a particular assignment they are given backed up by researched facts - but, at the end of the day , they are just opinions like any other - it doesn't make one guy any more right or any less wrong.

And with that - on to next week- Breakfast with the Fins next week. Choose your menus wisely!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what I have said? I have not said anything about whether he stays or goes - Just simply that his departure would not automatically fix things- two totally different things that would be easy to understand with even average reading comprehension skills. - it wouldn't suddenly make us playoff/SB contenders - The Dolphins problems are deeper than the HC. They are putting points and yards late in this game - that should be something to build on for next week. Have a good feeling about this team performing, and rallying around each other while on the road - in front of better fans no doubt.

The Fins fall to 0-2 in the 405-425 PM time slot - maybe the earlier starts will help
You're really hung up on this 'terrible fans' bit, aren't you? I mean, I can understand your feeling to a point. But in all honesty Paolo, wtf has this team given the fans to CHEER about? I'm not a fair weather fan, and people that are have always got under my skin. I've cheered and supported my teams REGARDLESS of what kind of season they've endured. But cmon man....you really cannot put that much blame on the fans in S. Florida for what appears to always be a very negative attitude twds the Dolphins. I believe Ross wants to build a winner, and I believe he will. It is clearly taking more time/effort than he would have preferred I'm sure. And because I believe Ross wants to turn this franchise around, I also believe Philbin has all but sealed his fate.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I was giving the Fins far too much credit when I predicted a score of 26-17, Bills. CLEARLY.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has given a lot to cheer about - the amount of reasons they may have given for them to be booed may outweigh those - but its not like there hasn't been or isn't anything to cheer about.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has given a lot to cheer about - the amount of reasons they may have given for them to be booed may outweigh those - but its not like there hasn't been or isn't anything to cheer about.
I agree....in many cases, just having a professional team to call your own should be reason enough. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is the glaring fact that this team USED to be one of the best/proudest franchises in the entire NFL. Now, however, it is seriously perhaps equal with the likes of Cleveland and Detroit-no offense to their fans. I personally don't really know when this team will finally begin to go in the right direction....but a couple of things I'm becoming more and more confident about: It will most likely not take place this year, and it very probably will not happen while Joe Philbin is our head coach.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always humor, albeit embarrassing to be found after a loss - Miko Thug Life Grimes, wife of Brent Grimes was arrested post game for assault on an officer and resisting arrest - Those of you who live in the S.FLA area have probably heard her on sports radio down here or seen her on twitter - a complete train wreck and sorry excuse for a woman. Brent is one of the good guys on the team - but its time to disassociate from his wife.

Go Fins

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo my reading skills are fine you've backed Philbin since day one do I have to pull out your posts? You have also clearly asked for Coyle to be fired. So why fire one and keep the other if it won't help it's a bit contradictory no?

Most analysts have said that they were playoff bound and possible contenders if things play out so in my opinion they're underachieving. The talent is better, the players have more experience, the coaches have been here for 3-4 years....but they continue to play worse than last year and start extremely slow. I think due to this you have to put some blame on the coaches and their game preparations. How can 53 players all have a bad game at the same time??? The one constant are the coaches....

Could they bounce back next week? Of course they can but the problem with the NFL is that you only have 16 games and tie breakers are huge these days due to parity. Losing to Buffalo is even bigger because they are in their division and conference....plus this was at home. Would I fire anyone today? No as it would be senseless but if they continue to lose you have no choice but to at least let Coyle go and that's where Philbin has a problem as he's very loyal...loyal enough to lose his own job when one little tweak may save it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but most fans want to feel that they're building something. When it looks like you're sliding backwards again then frustration sets in with the management and coaches. Because we feel that the talent is better it just doesn't seem right to have a potential 5-11 season and that's becoming a reality the way that they're playing this season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always humor, albeit embarrassing to be found after a loss - Miko Thug Life Grimes, wife of Brent Grimes was arrested post game for assault on an officer and resisting arrest - Those of you who live in the S.FLA area have probably heard her on sports radio down here or seen her on twitter - a complete train wreck and sorry excuse for a woman. Brent is one of the good guys on the team - but its time to disassociate from his wife.

Go Fins
That's tough for Grimes similar to Lynch's mom trashing the coaches for the SB call asking for their heads....ONE play while we suffer through many ridiculous play calls. Why does Joe just sit idly by when they only call one run play a series? I see teams at least trying......this also takes the pressure off of the oline and QB.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few positive comments from the game: Punter Matt Darr had a very good game. I think he could have a long and productive career with the Fins from what I've seen. R Matthews continues to prove himself. He was better than Jennings in the game. I think Mathews should be THill's top option along with Landry. It was good to see Parker getting more involved in the offense with some catches which led to first downs. THill keeps going to Jennings early and his drops have ended drives which is surprising to me. The RB's made some good runs but the team was trailing by so much they had to abandon the running game. THill walked off the field which is good news considering the beating that he took from the Bills defense. He needs to learn to duck and protect himself like Brady does when he is about to be hit. Other good news is the Fins will be drafting early if the team doesn't play better.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's up with Jennings? I thought that he'd be the guy making those tough catches but he looks like he doesn't want to get hurt...going through the motions. I'd definitely be putting Mathews ahead of him on the depth chart and giving Parker more and more reps. Let the guys who want it more play...create a better attitude around there.