• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs at Vikings

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was wondering if you guys are playing games outdoors this year? That would be pretty awesome. Would love to see the Bucs play up there in December in the Snow. Anyways Good Luck to you guys because you will need it, IMO Josh Freeman is already one of the best QBs in the game and he just turned 21. Unless an injury happens this guy has as high a Ceiling as any Football player I have ever seen.

Back in the day when we were in the same division no one considered us a Rival, we were 2 Wins. While I hated the Bears and Did not like the Packers, I never disliked the Vikings, if any team in the Central did good but the Bucs I rather it have been the Vikings. But in the 90s we had some great games vs the Vikings and until you guys got Farve I always hoped you win a Super Bowl.

Anyways, like I said, Good Luck and I hope no one gets Hurt when the Bucs beat the Vikings in 2011... :pray2:

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USCDoom Good luck to your team. We have one more year indoors, for sure.
Hopefully there will be a season. Josh Freeman is a very good quarterback. I wish we would have had a chance to pick him up.
And hopefully after the game, the Bucs will be saying WTF . We were supposed to win that game. Either way , I still liked the Buccaneer that was on your old helmets. As I wish we would get rid of those wings on our helmets. And put the Vikings head on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
USCDoom,
Freeman will be a great qb no doubt. I always liked the Bucs. Seemed in the 90's there was never a sweep between the Bucs and Vikes. They were always tough games. Pissed me off in '98 when they were the only team that kept the Vikes from a 16-0 season.
I like the old school Bucs helmets too, same with the Pats, probably because that's what I grew up with. I'd leave the Vikes helmets how they are myself, best look in the NFL. ;-)

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Didn't they just pick up Keith Millard as a d-line coach.
I loved watching him, he was a mad man.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they just pick up Keith Millard as a d-line coach.
I loved watching him, he was a mad man.

Ya, he was a Buc Killer back in the day, he had two of the best season for a DT before Randle and Sapp came around. Dont know much about him as a Coach, though from what Sapp has said about him I am happy, plus no DLine has been as bad as ours has been the last 2 and a half years (last half of last year we were just below average).

The Vikes are 30-21 vs the Bucs, though the Bucs have won the last 4 games.
Between 1993-2001 (last year of the old Central) the Bucs and Vikings went 9-9 vs each other, as you said 1-1 each year. Both going 2-7 on the Road.
Before 1993 the Vikings OWNED the Bucs going 22-8. Only team with a better record than the Vikes vs the Bucs were the Bears vs the Bucs at 23-7.
Luckily we have kinda turned things around since we went to the NFC South, we are 3-0 vs the Vikes, 3-2 vs the Bears, 3-2 vs the Lions, and 4-1 vs the Packers.

If our Lines hold up, I think we win, 24-16. If they dont then I can see an Ugly game for the Bucs, 9-31...

BVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Freeman and LeGarrette Blount are to talented to hold back all the time. leGarrette is due for a great game after last week and the Vikings OL is STILL not yet adjusted from Matt Birk's 2009 departure. If y'all stop the run I believe the Bucs win by at least a touchdown. It's a good thing this game is at Minnesota or it could be a blowout.
That said, I too miss the Bucs in the black n blue division...:peace2:
SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!