• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks should target Mo/Nate; let Jennings walk

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top free agent currently remaining on the market is Brandon Jennings, and folks, this could take awhile for him to finally sign somewhere. He wants to be sure Milwaukee doesn't match any offer sheet he signs and seems to be leaning towards accepting the one-year qualifying offer later on in the summer as training camp approaches.

While I can't completely blame Jennings for his approach on this situation, as Milwaukee continues to burn mid-level money on mediocre players like Delfino and Pachulia. However, if you're the Bucks, you need to look at this as an opportunity.

Mo Williams and Nate Robinson are also still out there, and their Jennings money could be better spent divided between these two. With or without Jennings, their perimeter depth is paper-thin. Having already let Monta Ellis, J.J. Redick, Mike Dunleavy, L.R. Mbah a Moute, Drew Gooden, and Samuel Dalembert all walk, Miwaukee needs to accept the notion that this is going to be a rebuilding year. Williams and Robinson could hold down the PG position until someone better comes along, and if Jennings believes there's a high-market team out there clamoring for his services, they should dare him to find it.

I personally am surprised that Utah hasn't jumped on re-signing. This leads me to believe they're not really interested and are willing to hand the keys to Trey Burke on Day 1. A cheaper option for them as insurance for Burke could be Beno Udrih, because hey, he looks enough like John Stockton to win over the fans out there immediately. LOL
Unless, of course, Jennings wants to sign in Utah, which we all know isn't happening.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you supporting the nuggets for coach Shaw? I hope he does well so Shorty can see he should of listened to Phil

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you supporting the nuggets for coach Shaw? I hope he does well so Shorty can see he should of listened to Phil

Yes and No.

The Nuggets have emerged as one of my favorite current teams. I've really enjoyed following them the last two years. They play the best team ball I've seen in my lifetime without a real star. And yes, I admire the job Shaw had done as an assistant with the Pacers and wish him well. He will be an upgrade over Karl.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gawd Burke has played like shit.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Robinson and the Nuggets have agreed to a two-year contract worth just more than $4 million, league sources confirmed to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

The deal is for the Nuggets' bi-annual salary-cap exception, which is worth $4.1 million.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]359829040896557056[/MEDIA]"]27m[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Robinson and the Nuggets have agreed to a two-year contract worth just more than $4 million, league sources confirmed to ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

The deal is for the Nuggets' bi-annual salary-cap exception, which is worth $4.1 million.

Surprised he didn't want to go to the Lakers and play for less. :noidea: