• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BS Thread

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for me to go make a movie and visit Wally World.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need your help!

I called my first baby "Skittles" before she was born because we didn't want our name chosen to be public to my family, etc. A surprise. Plus, we named it this as a nickname before we knew the gender. Then, when she was born, we revealed her name, which the initials were SK, as in SKittles.

For my second baby, I want to have my initial and my wife's initial and my daughters intitial and two letters for each gender. So, I need to make a fake name using the letters

MYSAER

I can add more letters but AERM has to be there somewhere. I thought of Amore, which means love in Italian. Creamy sounds disgusting. Dreams sounds weird. It's hard to think of one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosemary?

Wow, thanks. I'm not sure if I'll use that, but that's great. I wouldn't have thought of that forever. Now, it'll have to be a girl, so maybe we won't tell anyone of our nickname until them if we choose that.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thanks. I'm not sure if I'll use that, but that's great. I wouldn't have thought of that forever. Now, it'll have to be a girl, so maybe we won't tell anyone of our nickname until them if we choose that.

Rhymesta for a boy - he's got quite a career in front of him in the music biz.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhymesta for a boy - he's got quite a career in front of him in the music biz.

Haha, that's good. Rosemary Rhymesta has a certain ring to it. R and R (Rest and Recreation).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need your help!

I called my first baby "Skittles" before she was born because we didn't want our name chosen to be public to my family, etc. A surprise. Plus, we named it this as a nickname before we knew the gender. Then, when she was born, we revealed her name, which the initials were SK, as in SKittles.

For my second baby, I want to have my initial and my wife's initial and my daughters intitial and two letters for each gender. So, I need to make a fake name using the letters

MYSAER

I can add more letters but AERM has to be there somewhere. I thought of Amore, which means love in Italian. Creamy sounds disgusting. Dreams sounds weird. It's hard to think of one.

Look for the ones that also have an "E".

Baby Names that start with Arm

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about:

* Charmed
* Farmers
* overgarment
* prewarmed
* spearman

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need your help!

MYSAER

So you told your family that you were having a baby, but would only refer to it as "the baby" or "skittles", until she was born? Then you said "This is what we've named her . . . ______"?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you told your family that you were having a baby, but would only refer to it as "the baby" or "skittles", until she was born? Then you said "This is what we've named her . . . ______"?

Yep, I didn't want to keep saying "the baby" "the baby" "the baby", so we came up with Skittles. Sort of a bond. My brother called his Gus and my parents called my brother Smidge, because his image was a smidge on the old ultrasounds? (Thirty years ago!) It's pretty common practice and I recommend it for you. It grows on you.

I don't think I'll ever think of a name as good as Skittles. If we hadn't decided to name our kid what we did, I wouldn't have thought of it. Some religious folk call it Blessing or Hope, etc. We didn't know it was going to be a girl, so if it had been a boy, it wouldn't have been an acronym. This time we are preparing for both. Though I have no idea what my kid will be named if he's a boy. My wife wants Charles. I'll only accept if it's Charlie or said always with his middle name, which will be my name. I don't want to be calling him Charles. I wanted James, but my brother named his that. My brother wants to name his next boy Charles, so I feel that I would be doing the same to him. It's a coincidence, not my wife causing anything.

My dad named his first daughter's middle name after his youngest sister's first name. I did the same. My dad gave his first son his name as the middle name, so did his father. My brother didn't follow suit, but my brother is the oldest and I'm the middle, along with my dad. If I didn't like my name, I wouldn't follow.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I didn't want to keep saying "the baby" "the baby" "the baby", so we came up with Skittles. Sort of a bond. My brother called his Gus and my parents called my brother Smidge, because his image was a smidge on the old ultrasounds? (Thirty years ago!) It's pretty common practice and I recommend it for you. It grows on you.

I don't think I'll ever think of a name as good as Skittles. If we hadn't decided to name our kid what we did, I wouldn't have thought of it. Some religious folk call it Blessing or Hope, etc. We didn't know it was going to be a girl, so if it had been a boy, it wouldn't have been an acronym. This time we are preparing for both. Though I have no idea what my kid will be named if he's a boy. My wife wants Charles. I'll only accept if it's Charlie or said always with his middle name, which will be my name. I don't want to be calling him Charles. I wanted James, but my brother named his that. My brother wants to name his next boy Charles, so I feel that I would be doing the same to him. It's a coincidence, not my wife causing anything.

My dad named his first daughter's middle name after his youngest sister's first name. I did the same. My dad gave his first son his name as the middle name, so did his father. My brother didn't follow suit, but my brother is the oldest and I'm the middle, along with my dad. If I didn't like my name, I wouldn't follow.

I didn't know you had a sister.

Neither my sister nor I have a middle name. I don't think my mom has a middle name. My dad does.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you like posts 209-212?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you like posts 209-212?

I was going to get to them after I looked at them, but thank you for them. They are in my tab list. I'm looking for jobs right now and come here for a break. So my tabs are Job, Job, Job, Job, Wordlist, Job, Job, etc.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to get to them after I looked at them, but thank you for them. They are in my tab list. I'm looking for jobs right now and come here for a break. So my tabs are Job, Job, Job, Job, Wordlist, Job, Job, etc.

You need a "downloaded movie" tab.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about:

* Charmed
* Farmers
* overgarment
* prewarmed
* spearman

I could call it my little Farmer, but having no farming in my history or interests, it'd be weird. Charmed is like Blessed. Spearman is too close to Sperm. Overgarment, well... so would Underwear, almost. Underarmor.

Thanks for your help, I'm picky and uncreative. I might just use Skittles again.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you had a sister.

Neither my sister nor I have a middle name. I don't think my mom has a middle name. My dad does.

Oh wait, I just remembered you mentioned it from that discussion on long form names vs. short form names.