• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryzgalov...wine...dine...get him signed...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, just figured i'd share shit I came across... I didnt even notice that was from Cali until after I posted it. Good news that Philly was showing him and his wife around.

Although I remember you saying you werent all that happy with him.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I said on the main board, Bryz has some exciting news he is holding back via his twitter page.

I really think this is a sign that an agreement has been reached. We are doing the smart thing and not announcing it until the draft is over and we can shed some salary or shed some Jeff Carter and still get something in return.

If the 6 years at 6 mil per are legitimate rumors, I will be happy with that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said on the main board, Bryz has some exciting news he is holding back via his twitter page.

I really think this is a sign that an agreement has been reached. We are doing the smart thing and not announcing it until the draft is over and we can shed some salary or shed some Jeff Carter and still get something in return.

If the 6 years at 6 mil per are legitimate rumors, I will be happy with that.

I'd be happier with 6 years 30 mil. :thrasher: or even better 5 years 25 mil!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still so lost in all of this.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bryz went fuck it and signed for 750k for 3 years...?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Bryz would take a discounted price for less then a 5 year deal(if he's willing to at all). I have wondered if he would accept a 1-2 year deal between 4-5.5 mill a year in order to have a shot at the cup. There s a well documented history of players taking pay cuts if they think they if they have a great chance to spend a day with the cup.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not likely bandit...he made it clear a long term deal...no less then 4-6...hope this doesnt blow up on us...AGAIN...:boom:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to hope phillyphaith is right...once they annouce the deal...Flyers hand to trade carter or other players becomes much weaker...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade Pronger?

You can trade anyone without a NTC but with his wonky back this won't happen. And to be honest his cap hit isn't that bad he'll be worth it just as long as he's healthy and if he's not he'll go on LTIR.

I don't think they'll announce a Bryz signing until after the draft as it will ruin any leverage they have with other teams. All I know is that something's going to happen. See below:

"Besides pursuing free agents, the Panthers also will explore trading for players from teams up against the cap, with Philadelphia winger Kris Versteeg among names drawing speculation."

- Miami Herald

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is a bit optimistic of me to hope a player would put a championship ahead of money :confused:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can trade anyone without a NTC but with his wonky back this won't happen. And to be honest his cap hit isn't that bad he'll be worth it just as long as he's healthy and if he's not he'll go on LTIR.

I don't think they'll announce a Bryz signing until after the draft as it will ruin any leverage they have with other teams. All I know is that something's going to happen. See below:

"Besides pursuing free agents, the Panthers also will explore trading for players from teams up against the cap, with Philadelphia winger Kris Versteeg among names drawing speculation."

- Miami Herald

Oh, lol, I knew he could be traded. I would just like Pronger off this team over...anyone.

I guess it is a bit optimistic of me to hope a player would put a championship ahead of money :confused:

In all fairness if I was a goalie getting older already with the big bucks I made take a little less to win a cup...that being said I would be going to my favorite hockey team.

I like this and have wondered what value Pronger could fetch us, I'd call a certain GM named Brian Burke.

Ohh man. Pronger for a 1st round pick please???

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone else get the feeling that Bryz has a Luongo air about him? Kinda wacko and weird - which could be good but if the team has to worry about their goaltender's mental state [see: Stanley Cup Playoffs, circa 2011, Philadelphia Flyers] they can't realistically play their game. Bryz has good/great numbers on crap team for the most part, he just scares me. And signing him means Bob is going nowhere fast, which sucks because I think he will be a legit # 1 in a year or 2.

Meanwhile Vokoun seems like he is very Thomas-esque - under the radar, gets the job done, not a prima donna, etc. Plus, he has better or equal numbers to Bryz on a worse team. His age will allow him to mentor Bob for 2 or 3 years until Bob takes over. And it SOUNDS like he would be willing to take less $ for a shot @ the Cup b/c of his age, whereas Bryz is still looking for $ first and Cup 2nd...

I dunno - just regurgitating everything that has been said here before and wishing we had Vokoun instead...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good thoughts santamonica Flyer...really havent seen anything about this guy that says he is a head case...underpaid for years in phoenix and now wants a pay check...dont know anyone who would not do the same...as for thomas...boston was ready to unload him last season...hmm...funny thing in but site...lol...but i like vokun also...ink...ink...ink...to much foreplay...even for sportsfan...lol