• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryzgalov...wine...dine...get him signed...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my fucking god. I saw "Ilya is Here" and shat my pants

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to wake tomorrow to news of trading Carle and Versteeg to a team for an okay prospect and a 1st round pick. To cap the day off right before dinner Bryz is signed for 3 years at a reasonable amount.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just dont see Flying him in on a private jet not to get this done...how bad does synder look if they blow this one...it would be laughable...blind him with excessive ****agraphy and hookers...lots and lots of hookers...after all this is America...lol

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Bryz will be calling the shots.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You may be right flyerfan...bottom line...its just time...enough is enough...everyone has to be sick of the goalie merry go round...and for how many years now 10...15...more...sometimes you just have to put the ink to the paper...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping this would have gotten done yesterday..

Well, today (imo) is the day that this deal has to get done. It's either that or they have to go into the draft weekend not knowing who needs to be trimmed off the roster. :rolleyes2:

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't believe how many people are bitching about this deal that hasn't even been done yet...

Let the guy sign the contract and play one freakin' game before you say he's overpaid, for too many years, and will suck after two years.

The one obvious, glaring, unavoidable weakness this team has had for freaking decades is a goalie. I'm okay with Holmgren rolling the dice on a guy who has more than "career backup" or "yet to pay in the NHL" on his resume. If it doesn't pan out, so be it, but sometimes you just got to take the risk. Are you really going to go into next season with Leighton and Boucher because of one more million (five million vs. six) and two years (5-6 or 7-8)? Is that really the difference between being happy with the signing and thinking it's a total fucking diseaster that will ruin the team for the next decade?

This is all speculation, anyway. We'll see what he ends up signing for, and then we'll see how he plays. Until then, I'm not going to ask for Holmgren's head over anything.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to wake tomorrow to news of trading Carle and Versteeg to a team for an okay prospect and a 1st round pick. To cap the day off right before dinner Bryz is signed for 3 years at a reasonable amount.

Damn...

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
send the midgets

030711-tv-mini-t-still.jpg

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
index_midget_lg.jpg

thinking more on these lines but if thats your thing i will not judge lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be prudent of Paul Holmgren to keep tabs on Tomas Vokoun, since he’s just as good, likely looking for less money, and is certainly looking for fewer years.

this is why i worry about what he's doing with bryz.. and vokoun isn't just as good, he's better

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how many people are bitching about this deal that hasn't even been done yet...

Let the guy sign the contract and play one freakin' game before you say he's overpaid, for too many years, and will suck after two years.

The one obvious, glaring, unavoidable weakness this team has had for freaking decades is a goalie. I'm okay with Holmgren rolling the dice on a guy who has more than "career backup" or "yet to pay in the NHL" on his resume. If it doesn't pan out, so be it, but sometimes you just got to take the risk. Are you really going to go into next season with Leighton and Boucher because of one more million (five million vs. six) and two years (5-6 or 7-8)? Is that really the difference between being happy with the signing and thinking it's a total fucking diseaster that will ruin the team for the next decade?

This is all speculation, anyway. We'll see what he ends up signing for, and then we'll see how he plays. Until then, I'm not going to ask for Holmgren's head over anything.

exactly.. sometimes you do have to take that risk.. but what homer is doing isnt sometimes.. briere, richards, carter, pronger, timonen, and add bryz.. all guys that signed contracts 5 years plus?

the flyers have had 0 flexibility to change over the past few years.. why make outrageous signings like this on the hope that it will fix the team for the forseeable future.. its ridiculous. sometimes short term with a bigger hit is the right way to go.. if you have a team full of unmovable contracts and the team doesn't pan out, you're fucked, not just for this year or next, but for the next 5 years

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why i worry about what he's doing with bryz.. and vokoun isn't just as good, he's better

Others are saying that there was probably a mistranslation. If Vokoun already did hear from Philly that would've been tampering. They say it's more likely that Vokoun heard that Philly had interest in him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others are saying that there was probably a mistranslation. If Vokoun already did hear from Philly that would've been tampering. They say it's more likely that Vokoun heard that Philly had interest in him.

oh i know.. i was only commenting on the author's comment that vokoun would call for a cheaper and shorter term, when he's arguably the better goalie anyway.. i highly doubt the flyers have contacted him

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer is so close to winning or fucking us over entirely I dont know if I should be happy or sad.