• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins - Pens ECF

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The courage of the city exemplified in a single moment"?

I literally rolled my eyes. That doens't even make sense.

I know the last clinching game in Boston exemplified the racism of a city in a single moment.

Yeah, DC is such a great peace living multicultural city. Has to be the safest city to walk around. AMIRIGHT!!!!

And for the record, it doesn't say a single moment, it says a single shift, capture the moment. But I guess seeing how the Caps have done in recent years you would know what courage on the ice means.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The courage of the city exemplified in a single moment"?

I literally rolled my eyes. That doens't even make sense.

I know the last clinching game in Boston exemplified the racism of a city in a single moment.

Come on eloco, every fanbase has its share of idiots, I don't think it's fair to tar an entire city based on a series of 140 character tweets.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Letang, Iginla, Morrow, Crosby, Malkin ZERO FUCKING Points..... wow... just wow. the Pittsburgh Penguins 2 goals total in 4 games. Im stunned. not surprised boston won but stunned.

congrats Boston Fans

and to think, Leafs had the best shot at knocking them out when they were tired.
after that rest..... hooo boy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise at all here. The Pens press too much offensively, which leaves them vulnerable on the counterattack. Add to this the fact that their defense is average and their goaltending is altogether fragile due to a subsequent lack of confidence and you have a recipe for disaster against a powerhouse team like Boston that can do everything well. Minus Vokoun, the Isles would've taken out the Pens with ease. I still thought Pitt got badly outplayed in that series, their power play and Vokoun just barely saved them.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise at all here. The Pens press too much offensively, which leaves them vulnerable on the counterattack. Add to this the fact that their defense is average and their goaltending is altogether fragile due to a subsequent lack of confidence and you have a recipe for disaster against a powerhouse team like Boston that can do everything well. Minus Vokoun, the Isles would've taken out the Pens with ease. I still thought Pitt got badly outplayed in that series, their power play and Vokoun just barely saved them.

Usually I'd agree...but you did see that outside of game 2, the Bruins weren't killing the Pens offensively. Truly bizarre series. Not a single powerplay goal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also doesn't help matters that the Pens clearly have a track record of getting rattled when the opposing team gets physical and vocal, two things the Bruins can do very well.