• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins - Pens ECF

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness.

I would have never thought that my Bruins would sweep the Pens in a 7 game series.

The Pens in games 3 and 4 played very well and I was very stressed out.

Congrats to the Pens fans. I am sure you feel sad and or mad now. That is a helluva team. Tuuka was insane the entire series and he made 0 mistakes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iggy went to Pittsburgh to play on Sid's wing.

Then Disco Dan decided to not play him on Sid's wing.

images

Oh, I want him gone, for sure. And I definitely put the Pens in underachiever status now. The previous three years, looked at in isolation, you could find excuses (especially 2011). But now it's too much.

That could be a big part of the problem. There were excuses and it masked the underlying problem. They don't know who they are.

On differing levels, it's what the Jackets had for the past five years. Everyone looking up and down the bench wondering which of the other guys was going to be the one to get it done. I saw a lot of that in the Pens, even in the Ottawa series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness.

I would have never thought that my Bruins would sweep the Pens in a 7 game series.

The Pens in games 3 and 4 played very well and I was very stressed out.

Congrats to the Pens fans. I am sure you feel sad and or mad now. That is a helluva team. Tuuka was insane the entire series and he made 0 mistakes.

We couldn't get a bounce. Even if he had to fight a shot, he found a way to fight it right to his teammate's stick. He allowed no second chances.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard, Iginla refused that deal because he disliked the city...not because of better chance of success. Oh well, bad move by him in the end

So what "you" heard..do you know Iggy? Do you have a inside source?

Or is it just your inner mind talking to yourself.

:ss:

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because he was the only bright spot.

If they are so casually throwing Malkin's name around as a guy who "has to go" but don't afford the Golden Child the same criticism, the problems there are deep, IMO.

I'd take many of the Pens "touchable" roster in a second. Neal, Kunitz, Orpik, Malkin, Dupuis, Letang, Sutter, Bennett, Adams

And of course Iginla and Morrow. I'd even take Vokoun. He really impressed me.

Sid, minus when hurt, gives the same effort every night... Malkin, not so much, also cap concerns. But I am very North American bias.

Pens priority should be in this order: Dupuis (probably his last contract so I hope he follows the money, take care of your family), Cooke (love his game), then Adams (love his game). Glass will be bought out. I'm still not sure how much $$ the Canes retained in the Jokinen deal, but he should be cap friendly. Douglas Murray and Mark Eaton are interesting UFAs (Pens are loaded on the back end, but Murray is needed). I would not resign Iggy nor Morrow (age). Make offers to Kunitz, Malkin, and Letang, who ever does not sign, attempt to move. I would not blow this team up... but I think everyone is moveable expect #87.

Fleury and Voukon will be the goalies next year, and I am fine with that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw crap. Now I have to shave.

Balls.

Well, I guess there is a positive here. I can now go get my passport picture taken without looking like someone who should get picked for "random" checks at airport security, and my face will be less warm in this 100+ degree heat...

EDIT: I should specify. I need to shave my face and no other body parts.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would have told me the Maple Leafs would win more games vs the Bruins than the Penguins or Ranger combined before the playoffs started...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw crap. Now I have to shave.

Balls.

LOL...alright...here we...

Well, I guess there is a positive here. I can now go get my passport picture taken without looking like someone who should get picked for "random" checks at airport security, and my face will be less warm in this 100+ degree heat...

EDIT: I should specify. I need to shave my face and no other body parts.

Damn it.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways to the real Pens fans. Sorry for the banter back and forth with the newbies. I know it hurts to lose this one. I have full respect for that team and frankly are amazed at what just happened. I would have never believed it had I not seen it.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what "you" heard..do you know Iggy? Do you have a inside source?

Or is it just your inner mind talking to yourself.

:ss:

I told you it was on some morning sports show here in Edmonton...something about not wanting to move his family to Boston or in that area.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good game tonight. Very entertaining hockey. First full game I've watched since the Caps went out.

Congrats, Bruins' fans. Good luck in the Cup finals.

Tough break Pen.... Sorry to the.... Uh, Pens' fans, you deserved be.... hahahaha, I can't do it. I just can't.

(seriously, tough break Pens' fans. the night your team goes out is never fun)

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought that when this series ended.....Paul Martin would be the Pens top points getter with 2