• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Irvin to the Raiders

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought Irvin was more a good complimentary player than the type of guy you expect to be one of the best players on your team. Wonder what kind of contract he gets. Going to be a lot of guys overpaid this year with the extra cap dollars floating around...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Jacksvonille will be pretty big on trying to get Vernon from the Dolphins now that they have let him out of the transition tag. Probably view him having a bit more upside than Irvin.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the deal is $12.5 million guaranteed (all in the 1st year) and $39 million over 4-years. Really front-loaded deal to help the Raiders reach the cap floor.

Right now Von Miller is set to make about $14 million this year and Bruce Irvin will make $13 million. Definitely a crazy market today.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders are building one hell of a team over there. Definitely on the up and up

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oakland decides to rush Irvin more than Seattle did he could end up with close to double digit sack numbers especially with Mack coming from every angle? Not close to 13 million unless he's a total disrupter, Oh well like others have said Oak had $ they needed to spend. They should write in the contract he losses X amount of dollars for every offside penalty.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you, there goes one. Who is next Okung?
Try your best not to take credit in telling us what we already know. Of course Okung is gone along with others. You probably wish to take credit for enlightening us on that as well.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oakland decides to rush Irvin more than Seattle did he could end up with close to double digit sack numbers especially with Mack coming from every angle? Not close to 13 million unless he's a total disrupter, Oh well like others have said Oak had $ they needed to spend. They should write in the contract he losses X amount of dollars for every offside penalty.

Agreed... Irvin has that kind a speed, we rarely send more than 4 in our defensive scheme ... If Irvin get's that opportunity to go after it more he will have better sack numbers... He's got very good speed...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try your best not to take credit in telling us what we already know. Of course Okung is gone along with others. You probably wish to take credit for enlightening us on that as well.
LOL ok

I tried to warn you guys little by little you will lose others because of the big contracts. Seattle fans thought they knew it all. Funny stuff.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he felt limited in Seattle

Bruce Irvin: I couldn't reach my potential in Seattle

In the end, Bruce Irvin felt the only way he could reach his potential was to leave one of the greatest defenses in recent memory.

We'll let him explain

"I honestly felt like if I stayed in that (Seattle) system, I don't think I ever would be the player that I think I can be in this league, and that's being a pass rusher," Irvin told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday (via the Raiders' home site). "SAM outside linebacker is cool, but you can do your job the whole game at SAM linebacker and you'll have two tackles.

"I just want to be utilized more and get put in positions more to make plays. I really think (Raiders coach) Jack Del Rio and (defensive coordinator) Ken Norton, Jr., are going to do a great job of really allowing me to do that."

According to CSN Bay Area, Irvin was in pass coverage for close to 19 percent of his snaps over the past two seasons, but he still had success getting to the quarterback when given the opportunity. The first-round pick had 11.5 sacks over the past two seasons and 22 sacks overall across four seasons.

"I haven't even scratched what I know I can do, man," Irvin said. "Like I said, Seattle kind of limited me in that defense -- and I did the best that I could do -- but I haven't scratched my surface. I'm far from it. I still have a lot more great years, and a lot more things that I have to prove."

While we expect the Raiders to take advantage of Irvin's versatile skill set, it will be interesting to see what he can do if given the chance to get after a quarterback on a more frequent basis. Anchored by Irvin and Khalil Mack, the Raiders' defense will be a unit to watch this season.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin, imo was the best free agent acquisition.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he felt limited in Seattle

Bruce Irvin: I couldn't reach my potential in Seattle

In the end, Bruce Irvin felt the only way he could reach his potential was to leave one of the greatest defenses in recent memory.

We'll let him explain

"I honestly felt like if I stayed in that (Seattle) system, I don't think I ever would be the player that I think I can be in this league, and that's being a pass rusher," Irvin told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday (via the Raiders' home site). "SAM outside linebacker is cool, but you can do your job the whole game at SAM linebacker and you'll have two tackles.

"I just want to be utilized more and get put in positions more to make plays. I really think (Raiders coach) Jack Del Rio and (defensive coordinator) Ken Norton, Jr., are going to do a great job of really allowing me to do that."

According to CSN Bay Area, Irvin was in pass coverage for close to 19 percent of his snaps over the past two seasons, but he still had success getting to the quarterback when given the opportunity. The first-round pick had 11.5 sacks over the past two seasons and 22 sacks overall across four seasons.

"I haven't even scratched what I know I can do, man," Irvin said. "Like I said, Seattle kind of limited me in that defense -- and I did the best that I could do -- but I haven't scratched my surface. I'm far from it. I still have a lot more great years, and a lot more things that I have to prove."

While we expect the Raiders to take advantage of Irvin's versatile skill set, it will be interesting to see what he can do if given the chance to get after a quarterback on a more frequent basis. Anchored by Irvin and Khalil Mack, the Raiders' defense will be a unit to watch this season.

Hes 100% right.

Thats the nature of the beast when the other guys at your position (Particulary Clemons, Avril, but also Bennett) are better than you are.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ok

I tried to warn you guys little by little you will lose others because of the big contracts. Seattle fans thought they knew it all. Funny stuff.

I think almost all Hawks fans knew the team was going to lose some play makers. The ones that say differently I guess didn't understand the cap situation. Surprisingly, Okung is still not signed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think almost all Hawks fans knew the team was going to lose some play makers. The ones that say differently I guess didn't understand the cap situation. Surprisingly, Okung is still not signed.
nope we had that big argument last year(At least 4-5 seattle fans bashed the idea of losing players). This year you lost Irvin, and your 2 best OL. Wilson and Graham contract is starting to make and impact.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope we had that big argument last year(At least 4-5 seattle fans bashed the idea of losing players). This year you lost Irvin, and your 2 best OL. Wilson and Graham contract is starting to make and impact.

That argument was over losing star players like Wagner, not role players like Irvin.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of being right or wrong about old arguments, does purguy STILL think Kaep is a good QB?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of being right or wrong about old arguments, does purguy STILL think Kaep is a good QB?
I do think he can be successful. Track record proves that. Will it be with the 49ers probably not. He was injured last year. He needs a good oline and some weapons. He can't play behind a bad Oline. He has his weaknesses. If he goes to the Broncos I expect them to win games, if he goes to the Browns he will fail.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he can be successful. Track record proves that. Will it be with the 49ers probably not. He was injured last year. He needs a good oline and some weapons. He can't play behind a bad Oline. He has his weaknesses. If he goes to the Broncos I expect them to win games, if he goes to the Browns he will fail.
He will fail either way because he sucks.