• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Arians: Football is being attacked by moms

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians defended football at a coaching clinic on Friday and blamed mothers for an ongoing attack on the game.

"We feel like this is our sport. It's being attacked, and we got to stop it at the grass roots," Arians said at the "Arizona Cardinals High School Football Coaches Clinic" on Friday, according to Ed Cole of NBC Sports 1060 in Phoenix. "It's the best game that's ever been f------€” invented, and we got to make sure that moms get the message; because that's who's afraid of our game right now. It's not dads, it's moms."

Bruce Arians says football is 'being attacked' by moms

So I guess Aikman, Bradshaw, Ditka, Favre and AP are all moms? Because they've all said they don't want their kids playing football., but what do they know about football, right?

Damn this guy gets more unlikable every time I see or hear about him

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no use, there's no reasoning with people like this;
L169_CIFR7abbbd562f1f35d3b91da8f46a345349.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce certainly has become a lot more outspoken since he became a HC, but he's just trying to protect the game. Football reportedly has fewer concussions than Lacrosse but parents are flocking to that sport at the grade school level mostly out of ignorance.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the House quote, "I tried to drive drunk, but some mothers got mad-d."

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce certainly has become a lot more outspoken since he became a HC, but he's just trying to protect the game. Football reportedly has fewer concussions than Lacrosse but parents are flocking to that sport at the grade school level mostly out of ignorance.
I know soccer has had major concussion issues, too, so much that I'm pretty sure they've banned headers under a certain age.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really follow lacrosse but how do they get so many concussions? Kids getting whacked in the head with the sticks?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really follow lacrosse but how do they get so many concussions? Kids getting whacked in the head with the sticks?

I don't either, but my boss' son's play HS level and I've seen some of their video and scanning espn I've come across college...there is a fair amount of physical contact, but sticks to the head I imagine would be the main cause.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of Bruce Arians. Dudes a douchebag gloryhound.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A recommended read for, Bruce...

upload_2016-4-11_13-36-34.jpeg

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dumbass comment. If he was smart, he would try to get the mom's on his side instead of pissing them all off.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest Vagina affecting football is Roger Goodell ..

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I guess Aikman, Bradshaw, Ditka, Favre and AP are all moms? Because they've all said they don't want their kids playing football., but what do they know about football, right?

I've got to agree there... It is the mom's who make that call a lot of the time, and the NFL has tried to target women and moms more with the NFL. Sure some players have said they wouldn't want their kids playing, but targeting that .01% doesn't change anything. And he didn't say mom's are the ONLY ones targeting football. But there are a lot more kids that may want to play football with mom's than there are with NFL HOFers for dads.

I've always thought that if you want to keep the best athletes choosing football, you need to make sure the mom's know it is as safe as they can make it. And making them fans doesn't hurt at all either. A lot harder for mom to tell her son not to play football when she's got her Aaron Rodgers jersey on every Sunday.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the history of American football, I don't think there has ever been a time in the sports history where it hasn't been scrutinized by the public for its safety. The CTE problem definitely doesn't help, but considering what football has gone through I'm optimistic that it will figure a way to minimize concussion and become a safer sport.

Interesting read on how Teddy Roosevelt saved football: The president who saved football - CNN.com

In the link above, it just shows even back in the early 1900's the public's view on football was far worse than it ever was today.

As for Arians, what do we really expect him to say? I'm sure many coaches and management are concerned and feel their careers/livelihoods are threatened. Even before the concussion issues, Mothers have always been hesitant to let their sons play football.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before the concussion issues, Mothers have always been hesitant to let their sons play football.

Exactly. My mother didn't want me involved in football in the early 70's when I was a teen so I had to sneak around behind her back to play and I got hurt...........................a lot :doh:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the history of American football, I don't think there has ever been a time in the sports history where it hasn't been scrutinized by the public for its safety. The CTE problem definitely doesn't help, but considering what football has gone through I'm optimistic that it will figure a way to minimize concussion and become a safer sport.

Interesting read on how Teddy Roosevelt saved football: The president who saved football - CNN.com

In the link above, it just shows even back in the early 1900's the public's view on football was far worse than it ever was today.

As for Arians, what do we really expect him to say? I'm sure many coaches and management are concerned and feel their careers/livelihoods are threatened. Even before the concussion issues, Mothers have always been hesitant to let their sons play football.

In all fairness, the public's view on football was "far worse" in the early 1900's because the game, itself, was far worse....dudes actually died out on the field from being trampled to death. Thank God for Pop Warner revolutionizing the game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think playing Football is the least of APs kids worries if the topic is getting injured...