• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have yet to see how it all plays out, could be just a couple blips on the radar, but I always thought that was a lot of strong personalities on that team that would need to be dealt with, or they will deal with the team cohesiveness. Nice to see guys try to handle it the right away, but sounds like Mayfield heard them out, but didn't agree with the vets, one of those may have been Landry. So now does the 3 headed moster of Landry - Beckham - Mayfield start taking shape with 2 vs. 1 mentalities when disagreements arise? No idea. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Then you have the transition to OC not going well in Cleveland so now the HC is already having to step in. New is not always better, but in most cases it is. Have to have the right guy to fit your system, not just a good resume.

Vets addressed Duke Johnson remarks with Mayfield

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if they didn't have growing pains.... But I think they have a lot of guys that like football, so with reasonable coaching they should be fine.

Mayfield needs to learn one of the universal lessons of NFL players - Don't talk about someone else's money or opportunity to make money.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if they didn't have growing pains.... But I think they have a lot of guys that like football, so with reasonable coaching they should be fine.

Mayfield needs to learn one of the universal lessons of NFL players - Don't talk about someone else's money or opportunity to make money.

He has the mentality of a college athlete that is not making money yet. His heart is in the right place for the team I think, but it does stir up controversy and make guys start talking when you speak out against a fellow teammate trying to get in a position to make more money instead of being 3rd on the depth chart.

Johnson is one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL, I can understand him not wanting to sit behind everyone and be third on the depth chart. With that said, did Johnson take this desire in house first before taking it to the media? Did he really bring this on himself by circumventing the "right channels" for players and their organization? Did he try to stay internal, got shot down, needed to make his claim more open to the public to maybe peak some interest in him from other clubs potentially?

Either way, it starts a minor rift. Can Mayfield handle the criticism? He sure acted like a baby to Hue Jackson when he came back to Cincinnati taunting him after not giving him the starters role in week 1. We will see if Mayfield can grow up and mature as quickly as his football skills.