• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns' Josh Gordon suspended 2 games

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And he was fined 2 additional game checks for a total of 4 games.

He claims he took codeine for strep throat; I don't buy it. They know better. Even if he did, that was a dumb enough move that I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. I got strep throat like every year when I was growing up & never needed pain medication except that numbing spray.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon could get kicked out of NFL for a year if he fails another drug test | cleveland.com

Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon already has two strikes against him after testing positive for codeine in February, and could get kicked out of the NFL for at least a year if he fails a third drug test, league sources said Saturday.

Gordon's two-game suspension and four-game fine for the codeine -- which he said was contained in cough syrup prescribed for strep throat -- means he was already in Stage Two of the NFL's substance abuse program.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon could get kicked out of NFL for a year if he fails another drug test | cleveland.com

Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon already has two strikes against him after testing positive for codeine in February, and could get kicked out of the NFL for at least a year if he fails a third drug test, league sources said Saturday.

Gordon's two-game suspension and four-game fine for the codeine -- which he said was contained in cough syrup prescribed for strep throat -- means he was already in Stage Two of the NFL's substance abuse program.

Didn't he come into the NFL in Stage Two since he failed 3 drug tests in college? Or is it a clean slate when you come to the NFL?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I know a lot of you don't like First Take and I understand why, but they were talking with Chad Johnson about coming back this year and I couldn't think of a potential landing spot for him.

Maybe Cleveland should consider giving him a look. Thy don't have a ton of depth at WR and Norv may be able to get Chad back on track. Cleveland could definitely use some attention. All though it could immediately turn out to bite them in the ass. Just a thought. The only other team i could see giving him a look might be the Jets. My goal was not to turn this into a Chad Johnson thread, but he knows the division. Maybe it would be enough to fire him up in a positive way.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get his crap together. He is a very talented young receiver and could really make some noise in this league.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Something was bound to go wrong after he put on that Browns' uniform.