• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browner Tweets He is ReInstated

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be a upgrade on the 49ers squad.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it suspect that the NFL was trying to suspend him for an entire year partly based for communication related issues that occurred between him and them while he was playing in the CFL.

That being said, he still F'd up bad by being selfish enough to hit the bong when this much was on the line this year. I wish well for his contributions to the team but think there are teams out there that would be willing to pay him more than the Seahawks will at this point.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should have held their ground though. He had no leverage, and his suspension was more than fair.
Clearly. I mean with you being involved in the situation and all, why wouldn't you know everything about it.

When will the NFL finally realize it should just listen to some anonymous poster on the internet instead of running their own billion dollar industry? :L

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew as soon as the league offered him a "deal" he had them by the short hairs.

After reading his story it always seemed like a given he would win this case
Too bad he ended up missing the opportunity to play in a Superbowl though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being reported this morning that Browner will still be suspended for an unknown number of games to start next season. According to Jason La Canfora the teams will all be notified about how many games next week. I'd assume that is after the March 11th window opens for free agency.

So he is reinstated and may now talk to teams, but he didn't just have his suspension ended with that. He will not be available to open the season with whatever team he is picked up by.

That should drop his stock quite a bit. Not only do you risk losing your player for good if he messes up again, but now he is guaranteed not to be your opening day CB and will miss some undisclosed number of games to open your season. I wouldn't give him more than the league minimum no matter what. Sad thing is there are teams out there that will be willing to give him more, but likely will have some strong language in their contract to protect them from dead money due to another relapse.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if time served will be given due to the fact he severed I think at least two or three games near the end of last season?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if time served will be given due to the fact he severed I think at least two or three games near the end of last season?
I believe it was more than 3 games at the end of last year and the playoffs also count against it so I'd say he served at least 5-6. Didn't they originally offer him 8 games? I'd be surprised if he is serving more than 2-3 games to open the season, but still doesn't help him get picked up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN.com has an article stating that Browner will officially have to sit out the first four games of the 2014 season. In addition, he will have to forfeit four more weeks of pay when he returns from his suspension starting in week 5. Apparently the NFL and NFLPA released a joint statement (no pun intended) with this information a little while ago.

Brandon Browner suspended first four games of 2014 - ESPN

So essentially, any team that signs him won't have to pay him for half a year.