• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

browner popped again

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this holds up, then wow! Consider me as someone who is LIKELY no longer interested in seeing him added to the 49ers in the offseason.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He would get dinged for 8 games this time as well.

What a terrible look for mainly Browner but the Seahawks as well. It was hard enough for them to keep down the noise after the Irvin suspension now they have another PED one and a repeat offender at that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If this holds up, I mean, they've GOT to take some sort of action against the team, no? Even if we don't count Thurmond, that's six guys in two years - also not counting the Sherman technicality. That is BY FAR the highest number in the league. If this is something the league takes seriously, and if there is a threat of losing draft picks, etc., it has to exercise that power or its just a joke.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Browner? 8 game suspension without an overturn if he appeals.

thanks, i asked since it was his 2nd offense...

if it is 8 games, thats 6 regular and a division rd n NFC title gm absence.... big blow to the "Boom."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thanks, i asked since it was his 2nd offense...

if it is 8 games, thats 6 regular and a division rd n NFC title gm absence.... big blow to the "Boom."

Yep. 4 for a first offense, 8 for a second offense, a whole year for a 3rd offense.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Browner - DB - Seahawks

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Seahawks RCB Brandon Browner is facing an eight-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Browner was suspended four games last season for violating the PED policy. As a second-time offender, he'll get eight games. That leaves him one strike away from a one-year ban. Silver also says this will end Browner's tenure with the Seahawks. He's a free agent after the season, and the team is reportedly "done with him." For what it's worth, Browner tweeted that he's not facing a suspension: "I'm not facing suspension for PEDs, it's sad that the NFL is reporting this." We should have some clarity on the matter soon. Browner was already expected to be sidelined for another couple of weeks with a severe groin strain.
Source: NFL.com

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Adam Schefter, its now a year suspension....

idk what to say, does he mean year as in through this season or a year's worth of games?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Adam Schefter, its now a year suspension....

idk what to say, does he mean year as in through this season or a year's worth of games?

I had it wrong. I forgot about his violation when he was with the Denver Broncos. So this is his 3rd violation meaning it's one year.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the Nelson haha video for this thread

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had it wrong. I forgot about his violation when he was with the Denver Broncos. So this is his 3rd violation meaning it's one year.

Although, there was some clarification that needed to be made on that first violation from his time in Denver and I admittedly didn't do a good job of following that story so I'm not sure if that ever counted as his first offense and then his second one in Seattle last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize he was a Bronco at all... no worries...

so its his 3rd, 2nd with seattle.... surprised that it being his "3rd" isn't getting much headlines itself

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't realize he was a Bronco at all... no worries...

so its his 3rd, 2nd with seattle.... surprised that it being his "3rd" isn't getting much headlines itself

Assuming that the incident with Denver ever held up and that WAS his first offense. I just admitted that I don't remember how that ever ended up working out because I know there was some confusion if that counted as a first offense or something like that.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that the incident with Denver ever held up and that WAS his first offense. I just admitted that I don't remember how that ever ended up working out because I know there was some confusion if that counted as a first offense or something like that.

If this is his 3rd and not 2nd offense why did he only get 4 games last year?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's a year suspension but not for PEDs just for substance abuse.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.

At first I skipped past the name because I was thinking this thread was about Thurmond, and I was thinking "He just got popped for testing positive for weed, not PEDs," but then I saw the comment about being on the Broncos and did a triple take on the name.

But seriously now both Browner & Thurmond have been popped for illegal substances? I don't see how Seattle fans can honestly continue to deny their team has a serious locker room problem. At the very least the Seahawks are stupider than other players doing the same drugs because Seattle players are continuously getting caught.