• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

browner officially signs

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good chunk but not awful. I'm still thinking he's the third guy at best, though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it's a three deal, but not the details. Any further info?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't say.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most important part. Browner has his assets as a physical player, who can defend big receivers. Not that good with quick little guys in open space.

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check nflnetwork see if those dumbasses say I gotta go get drunk now

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what his skill set is, and he's not a bad addition, but he's still fairly likely to play third fiddle to Revis and Alfonso Dennard.

I talked myself into it thinking out this post though. Nickel and sub packages are the new base, and three corners on the field is regular, so we can probably get our money's worth with him when he's back. I could see a fair bit of 4 corner looks with browner on a decent sized tight end too, so maybe he doesn't put Logan Ryan off the field as much as I had feared when discussing the move earlier. The move doesn't particularly excite me, but being a little deep at corner's a lot safer than being too shallow. If we find a decent Wilfork replacement this team could be shaping up to be a good one.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJ Raji signed with the Pack. Anyone else out there? Speed kills. Draft speed on D.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought, Browner is perfect for discouraging those short routes the Bronco's like to run.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid signing for the Pats. If not for the PED troubles, Browner would be getting a lot more. The guy is money against bigger more physical CBs but can tend to get beat by the smaller, quicker guys.

Pats are going into 2014 with a real nice secondary.

Bjcanney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge fan of this signing. When I saw that Browner was visiting the Patriots, I knew this was a Situation the Pats could exploit with Browner's PED issues and toeing the line of a year long suspension. I think the deal is spot on and probably covers the Pats butt if Browner screws up.

This is a guy that was one half of the best CB tandem in the league when he was playing opposit Sherman and now he is looking to come back with a chip on his shoulder. This is a win-win for both sides.

I'm totally stoked at the Pats secondary right now.

Revis on lock down, Ryan/Dennard opposite, Arrington(excels in the slot), Browner as a safety along side a proven McCourty, and at this time an experience and bigger presence in Adrien Wilson. And best of all is that only Revis(not completely sure on this) is the only guy back there that doesn't thump when making a tackle.

Now you add in a return of Jarod Mayo, Hightower (who is solid against the run) and Collins who can rush and cover. Suddenly any lose of big Vince isn't as bad when you have the back 7 guys collapsing on any run play. Let's remember that it wasn't long ago when is Pats fans were irate over the number of long pass plays given up. With this secondary there is a far less chance of that and since the league is so pass centric there are not many RBs that can rip off a monster run, and even then we have the guys back there that can and will support the run.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing if you use him to his best advantage. He is a brute and enjoys knocking the crap out of who he is matched up against. Just make sure he is matched up against the right guy.
I am glad he got a nice deal and is going to a solid team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's addressed some very big needs at corner though… Browner is a tough guy and does bring a toughness at press coverage …

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's addressed some very big needs at corner though… Browner is a tough guy and does bring a toughness at press coverage …

Corner wasn't really a big need, past replacing Talib. Browner is pretty likely to be the fourth option.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm aware. He most likely can fill certain roles that a strong safety would play in some situations. For example, he'd be a great option to cover tight ends that are serious threats in my mind, freeing up our better (though smaller and less physical) guys to man up the WRs so we can generate a more serious pass rush.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do not pay him $17 million over three years to be the third or fourth option. He will probably star against most teams and do what he does best which is manhandle WRs at the line of scrimmage like Seattle did to Manning;s WRs. Pats play nickel 67% of the time so he will play a lot and I agree with JDM Browner is a physical matchup for elite tight ends.

Heck with Revis do you need two safeties on the field? Browner is also physical in the run game and a great tackler plus he is a big hitter and we have missed that Rodney Harrison hitter in defensive backfield whether he is a safety or not.

If Adrian Wilson is okay and can play we just go big and mean in the defensive backfield. Nothing better than watching receivers looking for the big hit. That has not been an issue for Pats.

WIth Revis and Browner our corners are exceptional run support corners which is also a plus.