• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

browner officially signs

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not better than Revis, or dennard, and I could easily see Ryan beating him out for the third spot. I think this signing is as much for next year when Revis is gone as it is for this year. This year he's a luxury; next year we probably need him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I feel that paying almost 6 million a year for Browner is a little steep, but other than that, I think that adding him to your roster is a VERY good move. I think he led the league in pass interference penalties one year but he still only committed about one PI penalty per game, so it's not gonna hurt your team all that much. Also, I agree that he's somewhat vulnerable against smaller, quicker WRs. All that said, his positives FAR outweigh his negatives. He's a very solid cover corner, has GREAT ball skills, is one of the most physical CBs in the NFL, and has the size (6'4", I think) to match up against pretty much any WR in the NFL. All in all, a very good signing by NE.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corner wasn't really a big need, past replacing Talib. Browner is pretty likely to be the fourth option.

I agree.. third option for the Pats at best... for Denver games he will be lined up vs. Welker go has great speed on short routes so that part could be trouble but give it to BB this season for going after some players.. What is the status of Wilfork? He is a big part of that defense and also need speed rushers... but nice improvement guys:suds:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. third option for the Pats at best... for Denver games he will be lined up vs. Welker go has great speed on short routes so that part could be trouble but give it to BB this season for going after some players.. What is the status of Wilfork? He is a big part of that defense and also need speed rushers... but nice improvement guys:suds:

Julius Thomas is his match there IMO. Revis will take Demaryius, Dennard gets whoever the number two is, and Welker's likely either Logan Ryan or Kyle Arrington, depending on who earns that matchup. (Arrington's spent a lot of practice time against Welker and knows him well. He may mostly be an afterthought now, but little quick guys he's generally solid with.)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. Dennard is much better and if Logan Ryan progresses to near the potential he looks like he has, he will be better as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. Dennard is much better and if Logan Ryan progresses to near the potential he looks like he has, he will be better as well.

I like dennard,but browner will be the starter game 5

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. He's not better.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browner like's to smack people around.

5gb6yHS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not better than Revis, or dennard, and I could easily see Ryan beating him out for the third spot. I think this signing is as much for next year when Revis is gone as it is for this year. This year he's a luxury; next year we probably need him.

He is not your cover type guy in the traditional sense,he punishes guys like Kam does so they get scared to catch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at Jennings trying to hit him and being planted.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not your cover type guy in the traditional sense,he punishes guys like Kam does so they get scared to catch.

I have no doubt he finds a role, especially with certain matchups and certain teams, but overall I doubt he's an every down player.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt he finds a role, especially with certain matchups and certain teams, but overall I doubt he's an every down player.

Well see,but one thing you will see every game with him in there is BIG HITS and he is mean and nasty and will pump up guys on the D.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big hits at the expense of a dropoff in coverage isn't worth it. I'm not saying he can't cover, but if others do it better they're going to be the ones on the field. I love that nasty attitude and physicality, but if it comes with being a liability it's a negative.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big hits at the expense of a dropoff in coverage isn't worth it. I'm not saying he can't cover, but if others do it better they're going to be the ones on the field. I love that nasty attitude and physicality, but if it comes with being a liability it's a negative.

Yah but wait til he hits a guy and the ball is knocked out at the 30 yard line and the D grabs possession or he strips it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Thomas is his match there IMO. Revis will take Demaryius, Dennard gets whoever the number two is, and Welker's likely either Logan Ryan or Kyle Arrington, depending on who earns that matchup. (Arrington's spent a lot of practice time against Welker and knows him well. He may mostly be an afterthought now, but little quick guys he's generally solid with.)

Arrington is solid in the slot. His problem has been in our weakened secondary, he has been always out of position. With eveybody healthy, he's our slot defender.....

Browner is going to be very valuable on the field. Ranking the DB's is for idiots IMHO. They are all #1's. If anybody is not doing their job, that's where the ball goes. Put our DB's in position and we have one hell of a secondary.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrington is solid in the slot. His problem has been in our weakened secondary, he has been always out of position. With eveybody healthy, he's our slot defender.....

Browner is going to be very valuable on the field. Ranking the DB's is for idiots IMHO. They are all #1's. If anybody is not doing their job, that's where the ball goes. Put our DB's in position and we have one hell of a secondary.....

But Revis and Dennard will be on the field every play, and Revis will almost always be on their best receiver. That puts them ahead of guys on the field significantly less.

I think Arrington's the odd man out against most teams and ends up limited to matchup play. Yes, he's good in the slot against quicker guys, but I think both Ryan and Browner are better overall. I wouldn't be shocked to see a lot of sub dime looks and maybe some extra corner looks with one safety, but even in that case Arrington probably doesn't get a lot of looks. I like the guy in the slot but we're deep at corner now.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Revis and Dennard will be on the field every play, and Revis will almost always be on their best receiver. That puts them ahead of guys on the field significantly less.

I think Arrington's the odd man out against most teams and ends up limited to matchup play. Yes, he's good in the slot against quicker guys, but I think both Ryan and Browner are better overall. I wouldn't be shocked to see a lot of sub dime looks and maybe some extra corner looks with one safety, but even in that case Arrington probably doesn't get a lot of looks. I like the guy in the slot but we're deep at corner now.

I like Dennard but he was ineffective when he was dinged up. We looked terrible (with guys hurt) at DB last year.
We looked very good right now. I think Dennard will be better if he get's spelled. Arrington will be situational but I think that is a good thing. Last year he was absolutely necessary and had to play out of position (like everybody else)