• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooks

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just saw a tweet that Brooks won his appeal on the Brees hit...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats good but it never should have been called a Personal Foul and we should be playing for the division title this week.

There should be some sort of compensation with these types of situations. Perhaps draft picks or positioning...

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the HD technology we have, personal foul penalties should be reviewable.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I just read that too, freakin insane! That penalty shouldn't have been called as Brees falling down caused him to be tackled by the neck. Brooks didn't aim for the neck. Regardless, that could be costly because we could be on track to win the division and a first round bye (not relying on this weekend with a Seattle loss)

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really kind of ridiculous. The way players win an appeal and then thats it. Refs should be fined for bad calls in my opinion. Whitner wasn't fined for his big hit, essentially signaling the NFL didn't think it was an illegal hit, and then they fined him for arguing with the refs about a call that was obviously bogus.

Something needs to change.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the HD technology we have, personal foul penalties should be reviewable.

Anything should be reviewable in my opinion. You get three reviews and you can use them for anything.

Don't understand why anyone thinks this is a bad idea. If you can correct a mistake by the refs, you should be able to.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Despite all of Whitner's flags he's gotten this season AND last for all the "illegal" hits he has been flagged for, he has YET to be fined for ANY of them. I don't know how many people that will or won't surprise, but I thought it was worth posting because I read that today somewhere.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really kind of ridiculous. The way players win an appeal and then thats it. Refs should be fined for bad calls in my opinion. Whitner wasn't fined for his big hit, essentially signaling the NFL didn't think it was an illegal hit, and then they fined him for arguing with the refs about a call that was obviously bogus.

Something needs to change.

Yes. Totally agree.

If only Roger Goodell would work towards this instead of turning the NFL into a giant pillow fight I would never complain about the league again. And heck, take it a step further by having "crew of the week" honors where the league gives the crew that called the best game a bonus. Maybe crews would begin to actually care about doing their jobs properly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Brooks for making the Pro Bowl. Well deserved.