• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooks fined $16,000 For hit on Brees

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly… That's the part that's so maddening… Its fixable, which is the good news, BUT what direction does the league want to go ? Maybe pressure from the fans and current players can make them back off a bit.. But it seems like the league is scared $hiatless of more lawsuits down the road so there gonna cover there butts… You can only go so far though or your gonna destroy the integrity of the game...

Yup. I think we all know what direction this league is going.

A safer, passing oriented game without defense at the expense of the fans.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2kz6.jpg

113fbf16d38ae95c5256369d2b978c0f.gif

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sums it up,NFL wants the story line of suspended coach who comes back and leads team to a victorious season.

This is the same coach who allowed his defensive coaches to run a bounty scheme. I highly doubt the NFL will want to reward him after suspending him for that. Especially after their whole emphasis on player safety.

That being said, I'm still suspicious. If the NFL comes even close to the level of ref rigging that happens in the NBA, I'm going to stop watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is because Brooks voiced his displeasure after the game. The NFL wants all of their athletes saying nothing but sweet praise for the figureheads who are making these thus killing the game that earns them billions of dollars a year.

Anyhow, I could see why the refs threw the flag but the fine was way out of line. Get ready for flag football, free kitten give-aways during the games down the road. It's sad.

Flag football? Cam Newton was head-butted and he was spitting blood on the sideline against the Dolphins and no flag was thrown. The defense of the referees by the commentators was that Cam Newton is too tall and the referee could not see him. Yet Brooks' supposed foul that did not touch any part of the head was called. Unbelievable.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this unprecedented territory? Has a 3rd party ever even offered, let alone paid, a fine of this nature? Will King Goodell and his gestapo accept a 3rd party payment? Having a third party (or potential group of third parties in this case) pay for a fine challenges the basis of the fine when they pay it because it is BS and don't feel the player should have to pay. This is an interesting situation to say the least and shows how this rule is not being favored by many.

It would be cool to have a council of respected retired players to vote on which penalties to pay for. Lol

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the steelers CB blitz yesterday come in and nail the browns QB with his forearm across the facemask it caused a fumble which Pit recovered and started running back and there was no penalty called or how about kuechly hitting the WR in the endzone with a flag thrown and picked up again??? The way the refs sometimes call roughing or defenseless receiver and sometimes don't is outrageous.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't know where to put this. I saw the hit live, he did go pretty low on Rivera and got his head. At the same time, had he not done that, Rivera would certainly have caught the ball. As a coach what do you tell your safety to do? For the sake of player safety, just allow that pass to be completed? Had it been in the SB and that was a 2 minute drive for the game, do you tell your safety to not do anything to try to dislodged the ball?

Michael Griffin - DB - Titans

NFL suspended Titans FS Michael Griffin one game for violating the league's policy on player safety.

Griffin put a vicious hit on Raiders TE Mychal Rivera in the end zone Sunday, and the league has labeled him a "repeat violator" of its player-safety policy. Griffin got off to a strong start this season, but has graded out negatively in Pro Football Focus' ratings each of the past two weeks. His play has slipped since he missed time with a quad injury. George Wilson should start in Griffin's absence against the Colts.
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Nov 25 - 3:54 PM

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If the league doesn't fine the guy who hit Ryan, then its clear the league is corrupt.

I did a basic search and came up empty in terms of fines. I don't see anything that says the league will even review the tape. That is pretty sad

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Dufus was supposed to meet Brooks on the field with a check for half his fine. I must have missed it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Dufus was supposed to meet Brooks on the field with a check for half his fine. I must have missed it.

He offered it to him when he saw him in person the Monday following the game and Brooks turned him down.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He offered it to him when he saw him in person the Monday following the game and Brooks turned him down.

Oh. Brooks has been playing very well lately.