• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooks fined $16,000 For hit on Brees

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20131120152345-brooks.jpg

he roped brees .. was it intentional ?NO.. but look at the photographic evidence .pa lease .. it was a good call by the refs

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he roped brees .. was it intentional ?NO.. but look at the photographic evidence .pa lease .. it was a good call by the refs

That's not where the contact started. Ahmad Brooks doesn't control physics, nor does he control Brees' height. There needs to be some sort of situational objectivity when it comes to these garbage rules.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Drew Brees IS a little bitch. He's perpetuating this bullshit by saying that it should have been a penalty. Screw him.

Second, I've been reading various articles and even Saints fans are saying that this fine is bullshit. That really says a lot here, don't ya think?

Ray Lewis and Bruschi were very clear in their statements about how stupid this call was and that they would even offer to help pay the fine. They drew their line in the sand and Goodell went right over that line and fined Brooks anyway. I don't know about you guys, but I'm honestly thinking of walking away from this sport entirely. I can handle bad calls caused by human error, but to see this call supported by league officials and even worthy of a FINE is effectively killing the integrity of this sport that I used to love.

Regardless of who wins the Super Bowl this year, I have to wonder if that trophy will represent the best team in the league, or the team that was lucky enough to avoid idiotic calls like the one that decided this game.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Misko how about you go find the picture that shows when he initially made contact with brees. the initial contact was shoulder to shoulder arm across the chest hand on the other shoulder pad this is picture is about 10 frames past the point of contact.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Drew Brees IS a little bitch. He's perpetuating this bullshit by saying that it should have been a penalty. Screw him.

Second, I've been reading various articles and even Saints fans are saying that this fine is bullshit. That really says a lot here, don't ya think?

Ray Lewis and Bruschi were very clear in their statements about how stupid this call was and that they would even offer to help pay the fine. They drew their line in the sand and Goodell went right over that line and fined Brooks anyway. I don't know about you guys, but I'm honestly thinking of walking away from this sport entirely. I can handle bad calls caused by human error, but to see this call supported by league officials and even worthy of a FINE is effectively killing the integrity of this sport that I used to love.

Regardless of who wins the Super Bowl this year, I have to wonder if that trophy will represent the best team in the league, or the team that was lucky enough to avoid idiotic calls like the one that decided this game.

with the way the defenses have been handcuffed by the offense based rules could you imagine how great joe and jerry would be in todays game.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look where is head is! His body goes but his head doesn't. It is impossible to avoid the "neck area" (bullshit vague wording of a rule) if the neck area moves into your arm.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let me just say this:

1. I think the rule is bullshit
2. If it was a flag by the current set of rules okay its over with and there is nothing I can say or do to change that and we will not get the win back.
3. If again it was a penalty, why would you fine him. The fine system was put into place to punish players for breaking rules multiple times, and for players that intentionally put other players into danger.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before this game becomes some bullshit that none of us are even interested in watching?

Methinks a balancing of the rules is in order. It's no wonder offensive records are being set left and right. It's just too easy for the offense nowadays. Pretty soon it will be illegal to tackle the QB at all. LOL.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methinks a balancing of the rules is in order. It's no wonder offensive records are being set left and right. It's just too easy for the offense nowadays. Pretty soon it will be illegal to tackle the QB at all. LOL.

I'm honestly not sure if I'd rather have a "no tackling QB's rule" or an inconsistent set of rules intended to protect the QB, making it very difficult for players to hit the QB without violating a subjective and potentially game-changing penalty.

And that's pretty sad.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think is funny about the whole situation is that everyone agrees that the initial contact was in the chest but the penalty and fine are because his are rode up into the head and neck area yet there is a picture of kap being sacked where initial contact was to his upper body but the defenders arms rode up in effect putting kap into a head lock with no flag thrown and no fine!! way to go nfl protect only certain qbs.

The fine is as ridiculous as it is asinine.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What I think is funny about the whole situation is that everyone agrees that the initial contact was in the chest but the penalty and fine are because his are rode up into the head and neck area yet there is a picture of kap being sacked where initial contact was to his upper body but the defenders arms rode up in effect putting kap into a head lock with no flag thrown and no fine!! way to go nfl protect only certain qbs.

I was asking about this in another thread but no one discussed it further. Do you have the video or pic? I wanted to see it

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just sad… These turds in suits and ties that don't even play football and have never played football are making the rules right now and it's not ok for the game… I hope there at least open minded enough to listen to the players and experts on how some of these call's are just bad for the game…

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks fine is more than Clay Matthews week 1 hit on Kaep. This is stupid as that one Kaep was clearly out of bounds and Matthews lunged at Kaep.

I think it is because Brooks voiced his displeasure after the game. The NFL wants all of their athletes saying nothing but sweet praise for the figureheads who are making these thus killing the game that earns them billions of dollars a year.

Anyhow, I could see why the refs threw the flag but the fine was way out of line. Get ready for flag football, free kitten give-aways during the games down the road. It's sad.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is bullshit. Definitely disagree with the league on this one. The penalty was one thing, this fine is another. Makes me think twice about watching anymore football.