• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos vs Chargers: A Suddenly Huge Rematch

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm i just heard CJ Anderson is done for the year...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm i just heard CJ Anderson is done for the year...

He just tweeted that is false information. He is actually getting pretty frustrated with all the info that he has no clue who is actually saying it. Right now CJ Anderson does not think his season is over.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just tweeted that is false information. He is actually getting pretty frustrated with all the info that he has no clue who is actually saying it. Right now CJ Anderson does not think his season is over.

plz be true lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plz be true lol

It is amazing how much false information happens in these situations. i sometimes feel like these guys just post this stuff so they can look like they were the ones with the best inside sources if it actually is true. Just needs to be more accountability in the media these days as some of this stuff could honestly ruin the career of a player. I remember when JPP's medical forms were tweeted last year. Highly illegal for that to happen and possibly cost him millions. Now given yes the Giants would have eventually seen his hand before signing him but possibly endorsements and such dropped out after seeing that picture. Yet no legal action other than a lawsuit against ESPN happened. Start making it where if these guys report anything false they lose media credentials for a week or can't tweet for a week. Might start seeing them check sources a bit more if that happened.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always have to give some stats and some injury updates...

Matt Paradis has missed the entire week of practice with a hip injury. I guess he has been dealing with this injury for a while but has played through it. Many expect he will play through it again this week.

Aqib Talib was limited most of the week but the expectation is he will be ready to go.

Brandon Marshall did get some work in today which shows promise but he will be a game time decision.

DeMarcus Ware practiced the entire week but still feels pain in his arm. He did say he felt better as the week went on and is planning on talking to the coaches tonight about whether he will play. My guess is they give him another week. If he does play he will be on a severe play count.

Broncos were very impressed with our new TE Derby this week but again will be a game time decision whether he is active or not.

Now onto some cool stats...

Broncos are averaging 1.85 points per drive. This is a nice improvement over last year and ranks us 15th in the NFL. So average offense which is what many of us were hoping for this year.

Chargers are 2nd in the NFL with 244 offensive plays with the lead this season. Only the Patriots have had more. Just goes to show how crazy it is for them to have the record they do.

Expect the Broncos to blitz a little less this Sunday. In 2015 when the Broncos played really well against Rivers they only went after him on 23% of the plays. He went 6-17 when they did. This past game they went after him more at 45% of his drop backs but he went 10-14 for 1 TD and a 7.6 ypa. So have to pick our spots.

Trevor Siemian hasn't thrown an interception in 4 straight starts. Manning only had 2 such streaks with a long of 5 games in his time with the Broncos. So definitely doing a great job of protecting the football.

Biggest issue for Siemian though is passes over 10 yards. He is 2-14 on such throws in the last 2 games and was 1-9 against the Chargers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few more stats...

Broncos committed a season high 13 penalties against the Chargers in week 6. I would look for them to have cleaned some of that up.

The Broncos are also 14-1 when allowing 20 or fewer points over the last 2 seasons. They are 5-0 this year. If the offense can get anything going this time around I look for them to stand a very good chance to keep this Chargers offense under control.

WE have not lost consecutive divisional games since the 2011 season when we lost to Oakland and San Diego in the first part of the season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-linking this here since it fits this thread as well:

Chargers vs. Broncos: Week 8 Staff Predictions

This is an important game. The AFC West is a long jam of good teams right now. A Broncos win does two things: it keeps them tied with the Raiders (or puts them in front, depending on how the Raiders do) and it creates some breathing room between the first place team and the last place team. A 3-5 Chargers team that would then be 1-3 vs AFC West opponents is a lot less formidable than a 4-4 Chargers team that is 2-2, including a sweep of the Broncos. In either case I'd expect the division will not have heard the last of the Chargers, but a loss puts a big hit on the Broncos chances to win the division.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-linking this here since it fits this thread as well:

Chargers vs. Broncos: Week 8 Staff Predictions

This is an important game. The AFC West is a long jam of good teams right now. A Broncos win does two things: it keeps them tied with the Raiders (or puts them in front, depending on how the Raiders do) and it creates some breathing room between the first place team and the last place team. A 3-5 Chargers team that would then be 1-3 vs AFC West opponents is a lot less formidable than a 4-4 Chargers team that is 2-2, including a sweep of the Broncos. In either case I'd expect the division will not have heard the last of the Chargers, but a loss puts a big hit on the Broncos chances to win the division.

Can't believe how much bigger this game has gotten for both teams. I will keep saying that I think the Chargers are the 2nd best team in the AFC West right now. Their record does not really show how good this team has been playing. So definitely a big game as I think the Chargers will at least beat either the Chiefs or Raiders in the later match up they have. And yeah don't want to go 0-2 in the division to start the season. Not an easy hole to climb out of.

Beyond that this is our home field. We have to protect home field.

Now the nice thing for the Broncos is I think they figured out a good defensive scheme to stop teams from trying to do that bunch formation against us that really killed us in the 2 losses. They went to a Box-Man formation or even just straight up zone to keep teams from running those pick plays to get players open. So I see our defense having a bit more success not allowing another one of those 8-9 minute type drives that just killed us last time. Huge key though will be our offense getting on track. I still hated this last game that we came out throwing every single time in the 1st quarter. When we finally started committing to the run look what happened in we had a formidable offense. Need to see this team commit to the run early and often then hit them with some nice playaction.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe how much bigger this game has gotten for both teams. I will keep saying that I think the Chargers are the 2nd best team in the AFC West right now. Their record does not really show how good this team has been playing. So definitely a big game as I think the Chargers will at least beat either the Chiefs or Raiders in the later match up they have. And yeah don't want to go 0-2 in the division to start the season. Not an easy hole to climb out of.

Beyond that this is our home field. We have to protect home field.

Now the nice thing for the Broncos is I think they figured out a good defensive scheme to stop teams from trying to do that bunch formation against us that really killed us in the 2 losses. They went to a Box-Man formation or even just straight up zone to keep teams from running those pick plays to get players open. So I see our defense having a bit more success not allowing another one of those 8-9 minute type drives that just killed us last time. Huge key though will be our offense getting on track. I still hated this last game that we came out throwing every single time in the 1st quarter. When we finally started committing to the run look what happened in we had a formidable offense. Need to see this team commit to the run early and often then hit them with some nice playaction.

I agree, I really want to see the Broncos get that offense rolling early by running it down their throats. With the loss of CJ Anderson, a lot of teams would be tempted to go conservative, especially since the Chargers are pretty solid defending the run but bottom-third against the pass (8th and 24th, respectively). But Kubiak has proven he is not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. This is the guy who came out throwing in week 1 with a 2nd year, 7th round QB who'd never thrown a regular season snap in the league. I think it's going to be "all hands on deck" for the run game early and try to mind-f___ the Chargers right out of the game by running it down their throats. And even with the loss of CJ, the Broncos still have a capable back in Booker, with Bibbs and potential Thompson waiting in the wings. And let's not forget the x-factor: Janovich. He won't get a lot of carries, though he may get a few. He's also a good dump off option in the flat. But he's a beast at blocking and I believe if he's a big part of the game plan the offense is going to look a lot different (read: better) in this one than the first one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I really want to see the Broncos get that offense rolling early by running it down their throats. With the loss of CJ Anderson, a lot of teams would be tempted to go conservative, especially since the Chargers are pretty solid defending the run but bottom-third against the pass (8th and 24th, respectively). But Kubiak has proven he is not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom. This is the guy who came out throwing in week 1 with a 2nd year, 7th round QB who'd never thrown a regular season snap in the league. I think it's going to be "all hands on deck" for the run game early and try to mind-f___ the Chargers right out of the game by running it down their throats. And even with the loss of CJ, the Broncos still have a capable back in Booker, with Bibbs and potential Thompson waiting in the wings. And let's not forget the x-factor: Janovich. He won't get a lot of carries, though he may get a few. He's also a good dump off option in the flat. But he's a beast at blocking and I believe if he's a big part of the game plan the offense is going to look a lot different (read: better) in this one than the first one.

Something to keep in mind is that Janovich only got 5 actual snaps in the last game. Part of that was the Broncos were down 10-0 after the Broncos had only taken 5 snaps on offense so things kind of changed. We saw this last week though a real commitment to the power running game with Janovich leading the way.

And honestly for me I think Janovich is one of the biggest keys to our offense going. The Broncos use him in so many different ways. I've seen them split him out wide and use him as that move TE type player to see what type of scheme the defense is in. They have had him on the edge of the OL to crack down on a DE. They have used him in that traditional FB role. They have done the counter FB plays that work so well on the short yardage type plays that I'm hoping we see more of. This team is at their best when Janovich is a guy the defense has to worry about for so many reasons. From what I understand the coaches sat down with the RB's and told them to pick out maybe 10 plays they really liked running. Almost every single one of them involved Janovich leading the way. So it was that eye opener to the coaches of just how much these RB's love running behind Janovich. So yeah I would expect a heavy dose of him on Sunday.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind is that Janovich only got 5 actual snaps in the last game. Part of that was the Broncos were down 10-0 after the Broncos had only taken 5 snaps on offense so things kind of changed. We saw this last week though a real commitment to the power running game with Janovich leading the way.

And honestly for me I think Janovich is one of the biggest keys to our offense going. The Broncos use him in so many different ways. I've seen them split him out wide and use him as that move TE type player to see what type of scheme the defense is in. They have had him on the edge of the OL to crack down on a DE. They have used him in that traditional FB role. They have done the counter FB plays that work so well on the short yardage type plays that I'm hoping we see more of. This team is at their best when Janovich is a guy the defense has to worry about for so many reasons. From what I understand the coaches sat down with the RB's and told them to pick out maybe 10 plays they really liked running. Almost every single one of them involved Janovich leading the way. So it was that eye opener to the coaches of just how much these RB's love running behind Janovich. So yeah I would expect a heavy dose of him on Sunday.

I couldn't agree more. Go back to posts around draft time and I made a prediction that Janovich would have the most immediate impact on the offense in 2016. I think the coaches need to stick with plays that involve him because he brings an element to this offense that is just...nasty. He's a bruiser and make no mistake about it: Denver is at its core still a blue-collar fan base and Janovich's style gets the crowd going and into the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more. Go back to posts around draft time and I made a prediction that Janovich would have the most immediate impact on the offense in 2016. I think the coaches need to stick with plays that involve him because he brings an element to this offense that is just...nasty. He's a bruiser and make no mistake about it: Denver is at its core still a blue-collar fan base and Janovich's style gets the crowd going and into the game.

Yeah I figured he would become a fan favorite. Our greatest era in the 90's had the FB leading the way in the run game so it is nice to see us getting back to some of that and becoming that smash mouth football team once again. Throw in at least to me with our Mile High thin air to me a great running game is the best thing you can do to wear down a team. Keeps the opposing offense on the sideline getting cold, gives our defense a nice rest, and just completely destroys the psyche of the opposing defense to just have a team run down the field on a 5-10 minute drive.

And really with Janovich we have seen it just opens up so much of the playbook. No team can know which way we are running the football and Janovich has been that one consistent player to really lock on to his block at the 2nd level and open up some very nice holes for our RB's to run through. I honestly don't think I could speak too highly of what he brings to this offense. So hopefully the coaches just keep increasing his work load.

I also agree I did and still think he is the biggest impact rookie on our team. Maybe the 2nd biggest is actually Riley Dixon. I know he didn't have a great game this last week but he has actually been a decent punter for us. Not only did he save us money but he has actually outpunted Colquitt to this point in the season.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how much false information happens in these situations. i sometimes feel like these guys just post this stuff so they can look like they were the ones with the best inside sources if it actually is true. Just needs to be more accountability in the media these days as some of this stuff could honestly ruin the career of a player. I remember when JPP's medical forms were tweeted last year. Highly illegal for that to happen and possibly cost him millions. Now given yes the Giants would have eventually seen his hand before signing him but possibly endorsements and such dropped out after seeing that picture. Yet no legal action other than a lawsuit against ESPN happened. Start making it where if these guys report anything false they lose media credentials for a week or can't tweet for a week. Might start seeing them check sources a bit more if that happened.
y
Go back on posts and see randymon was ahead of you :). Actually I was promoting what great hands he had as a receiver out of backfield. For those that didn't follow him at Nebraska, take a look at his receiving highlights. Said since early on, Denver needs to involve him more in passing game. They need to involve him more period !

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y

Go back on posts and see randymon was ahead of you :). Actually I was promoting what great hands he had as a receiver out of backfield. For those that didn't follow him at Nebraska, take a look at his receiving highlights. Said since early on, Denver needs to involve him more in passing game. They need to involve him more period !

Not sure you can read too much into his college highlights as a receiving threat considering he only had 5 catches in his college career. I was hoping he would be a great receiving threat as the little I saw of him actually catching the football he looked like he had soft hands and I was hoping to see the return of that type of threat to surprise some teams but yeah I'm not sure you can come to any kind of conclusion only seeing him make 5 catches in 3 years.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you can read too much into his college highlights as a receiving threat considering he only had 5 catches in his college career. I was hoping he would be a great receiving threat as the little I saw of him actually catching the football he looked like he had soft hands and I was hoping to see the return of that type of threat to surprise some teams but yeah I'm not sure you can come to any kind of conclusion only seeing him make 5 catches in 3 years.
Your right Cd. For some reason I thought he was more of a factor in catching passes out of backfield. Must of been thinking of the other fullback that had 6 catches in 3 yrs. ;) That's what I get for relying on my memory that has only been right 5 times last 3 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right Cd. For some reason I thought he was more of a factor in catching passes out of backfield. Must of been thinking of the other fullback that had 6 catches in 3 yrs. ;) That's what I get for relying on my memory that has only been right 5 times last 3 years.

At least for me that was a part of his game that I was hoping would look good. I watched those same highlights of him catching the football and was impressed on the little information we had but again just hard to read too much from 5 catches. I'm glad that he does seem to be a pretty good receiver for us and I'm hoping that becomes a much bigger part of this offense. Just seems like such a deadly weapon with that guy running down the field. You can tell nobody wants to be hit by this kid.

Just a fun fact of the day. The Broncos have now started keeping an extra helmet just for Janovich on the sideline because he has broken so many this year. I think if I remember right he has cracked 2 helmets and broken 4 facemasks so far. I can't imagine the damage being done to his opponents if that is what he is doing to his own helmet. Makes me a bit nervous about him getting concussions down the road and wonder if he had any problems with that at Nebraska. Medically speaking some people do have harder heads and can actually handle the beating a bit more but still just have to wonder if he holds up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have liked what I have seen in Bibbs on his limited carries. Averaging over 5 yards per carry and has greatly improved his pass blocking. So while there is definitely a drop off from Anderson to Bibbs I still like our RB group. Booker has a chance to really establish himself as a star. I love the spark he brings now just need to see him in that featured role be consistent throughout the game.

I looked for him in our fantasy league - only to find you had already picked Bibbs up. Smart move. I had him on the roster for 5 weeks and needed more immediate point potential and had to drop him. I think Bibbs could be a star and a TD machine.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks,

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked for him in our fantasy league - only to find you had already picked Bibbs up. Smart move. I had him on the roster for 5 weeks and needed more immediate point potential and had to drop him. I think Bibbs could be a star and a TD machine.

Haha I couldn't believe he was still there. I think I actually have him even starting in my league since Anderson is down and I just don't have another RB with a good match up.