• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos heading to the South East for some big cat hunting. Can't miss

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have made it to that do or die type game. Lose this one and the season is pretty much over. This is supposed to be our easiest game remaining so cannot let this one slip away.

So start off with injury report for the day...

Siemian did not practice again today...Looking more and more like Lynch will be our starter. Fowler also did not practice with a knee injury and Kreiter is still a no go at this point for LS. Paradis is out again but we have seen this in the past.

The rest of the team was a full go.

For the Jags...

Rashad Greene, Allen Hurns, Chris Ivory, Jared Ordick, Julius Thomas did not practice today for the 2nd day in a row. Not sure on the status of any of those guys for sure but looks like the Jags are pretty beat up as well.

Malik Jackson, Arby Jones, Peyton Thompson, TJ Yeldon, and Yannick Ngakoue were all limited for them today.

As for the game itself. I have been scouting the Jaguars defense to see the best way for our offense to attack. So far I have watched the Bills, Packers, and Lions game. While they gave up decent points (they struggle with Red Zone defense) I was honestly pretty impressed with them. They are young and will have some mental lapses here and there that end up costing them big time points wise but they have 2 good Corners on the outside, a DL that can get home with 4 on a decent basis, and linebackers with a lot of athleticism that just won't allow a team to get to the outside in the run game. Our OL has to play the game of the year if our offense is to have success in this game. I don't think it would matter if Siemian was fully healthy or not this DL gets after QB's.

They also don't give up many big plays as I think they are 2nd in fewest plays over 20 yards given up only behind us.

Where teams have had success is on the short out patterns, come back patterns, deep middle of the field, and RB's receiving out of the backfield. They play a ton of man coverage on the outside and trust their guys to win the battles. Most of the time they do that. Have to win those one-on-one battles in a hurry.

There are plays to be had. I was about to reach through my computer screen for Tyrod Taylor as he did a lot of scrambling in the game (something Lynch will probably try to do) but instead of keeping his eyes down field he just pulled it down and took off every time. There were about 5 plays when this happened that a guy was just standing in the middle of the field 15-20 yards deep with no one within 10 yards of them. Instead he would run it for a couple of yards.

Running the football the best place to try is up the middle. Which even there it isn't a whole lot successful. Really to me I put this game in the hands of DT (good chance he is up against Amukamura) and Derby to have big games. They have the best match ups in this game for the offense.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Ivory to play and he will be a problem. Guy is a beast, hard to bring down, most productive between the tackles and gets stronger as the game goes. If I was Jags, I would give Denver a large dose of Ivory and use Bortles as a runner more and minimize his throws downfield. On D for Jags ? Just lick your chops with Denver's O line and feast out !

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Ivory to play and he will be a problem. Guy is a beast, hard to bring down, most productive between the tackles and gets stronger as the game goes. If I was Jags, I would give Denver a large dose of Ivory and use Bortles as a runner more and minimize his throws downfield. On D for Jags ? Just lick your chops with Denver's O line and feast out !

Hey, what happened to Broncos 42, Jags 10?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The OL is why I think starting Paxton makes the most sense. I have really come around the Siemian as a QB starting for this team but now with his injuries especially a foot injury we cannot have him just getting killed behind this OL. Paxton's body is made to take a bit more of a beating and his athleticism should allow him to extend some plays. The Jags have struggled some against mobile QB's this year that can make that secondary have to hold up longer so maybe the Broncos can get a few plays off script that make a huge difference.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is why I think starting Paxton makes the most sense. I have really come around the Siemian as a QB starting for this team but now with his injuries especially a foot injury we cannot have him just getting killed behind this OL. Paxton's body is made to take a bit more of a beating and his athleticism should allow him to extend some plays. The Jags have struggled some against mobile QB's this year that can make that secondary have to hold up longer so maybe the Broncos can get a few plays off script that make a huge difference.
Damn shame that this O line is so pathetic because this team otherwise has all the pieces to go all the way this year. Makes ya want to cry. Anything is still possible but boy do we need the ball to bounce right,some referee gifts, and the most improbable of all.....the line to get better in order to pull this off. Yikes ! :)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought you said the o line will be good and it was just guys playing injured. Glad you woke up to some reality. GN CD. Peace.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said the o line will be good and it was just guys playing injured. Glad you woke up to some reality. GN CD. Peace.

Well I thought we would see like we saw for last year's playoff that when the group finally had some time to play together we would see at least a competent unit on the field. So far this year only a couple of games can we even come close to saying that. I haven't given up on them but I don't like the chances this weekend to be when we get things right. The Jags actually have a pass rush that has some great speed and athleticism to make life difficult for a QB.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for Malik Jackson to do nothing as he's done all season.

He's another "star" who left Denver because he wanted to get paid the big bucks only to find mediocrity and he's not as goods as he thinks he is. Other examples see Thomas, Julius and Beadles, Zane.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for Malik Jackson to do nothing as he's done all season.

He's another "star" who left Denver because he wanted to get paid the big bucks only to find mediocrity and he's not as goods as he thinks he is. Other examples see Thomas, Julius and Beadles, Zane.

Jacksonville really loves to spend money on Bronco players for some reason. Kind of like the Patriots really like to pick up Browns players.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville really loves to spend money on Bronco players for some reason. Kind of like the Patriots really like to pick up Browns players.

Fortunately for all of us, the Broncos like to spend money on more Broncos players than the Jags.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos inactives

Trevor Siemian
Bennie Fowler
Marlon Brown
Casey Kreiter
Connor McGovern
Billy Turner
Lorenzo Doss

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond getting a shot today, and Latimer active.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they adjust the offense right off the bat for Lynch and not make him turn his back to the defense by being under center. I bet Prescott , Wentz and other rookie QB rarely throw from under center. I bet passed out of shotgun 80% of the time.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line better show up today.